The Great Race:

Astrobot

Talk about The Great Race...

J-E-T-S sophomore Justin Miller currently has 964 yards in kickoff return yardage in the AFC.

McGee is currently at 960.

Chris Carr of Oakland (also in his 2nd year) is at 959.

The next closest guy is Maroney at 654, so this is a 3 man race for AFC Pro Bowl.

McGee is actually 3rd in yards per attempt to Maroney and 1st place Miller with a 2.7 yard difference separating the three.

In the NFC, there are a few pretenders, Rock Cartwright at 949, JJ Arrington at 919, and Eddie Drummond at 901, but the real race is Miller-McGee-Carr, with Maroney being underused.

J-E-T-S sophomore Justin Miller currently has 964 yards in kickoff return yardage in the AFC.

Chris Carr of Oakland (also in his 2nd year)  is at 959.

The next closest guy is Maroney at 654, so this is a 3 man race for AFC Pro Bowl.

McGee is actually 3rd in yards per attempt to Maroney and 1st place Miller with a 2.7 yard difference separating the three.

In the NFC, there are a few pretenders, Rock Cartwright at 949, JJ Arrington at 919, and Eddie Drummond at 901, but the real race is Miller-McGee-Carr, with Maroney being underused.

839372[/snapback]

Look at the combined records of the teams those players play for and you'll understand why they are the leaders. Only Miller gets an exemption from the all "They're always kicking off against my team" team.

Miller leads in kickoff return average, too.

Oh yeah, and we're looking up at the J-E-T-S in the standings.

The misused Maroney is second in kick return average, and last I checked, they're ahead of the Bills as well.

I would suggest that production on special teams per kick (regardless of number of kick returns) has a lot to do with field position, and the Bills haven't had it. They trail only the Dolfags in poorest field position in the AFC this year.

Here is an article that correlates average drive start to winning. There is a strong correlation between the two.

Evidently the J-E-T-S and Patriots have already learned that.

Chris Carr of Oakland (also in his 2nd year)  is at 959.

839372[/snapback]

Who cares?????????????? The team stinks. I don't care if Mcgee makes the Pro Bowl. I just want the team to win.

I don't ever want a Bill to lead the league in kickoff return yards.  I'd rather have the Bills' lead the league in fewest kickoffs by opponents.

839382[/snapback]

Thats just plain stupid!! Thats comparing apples to oranges bud! Anybody would enjoy having the #1 KO returner, even if for entertainment purposes alone. :w00t:

miller has the win at this point of the season when everyones makeing there probowl lists. he has 2 TD's, longest of 103 yards and 6 40+ runs to both Mcgee and carr's 0 TD's. the stat that will looked at the most will be TD's i think. hopefully by years end Mcgee can squeeze in a TD or 2 but not sure when probowl voteing is over.