This board is full of...

Whiners. Geez, get a freakin' life some of you. Your whole week is ruined if the Bills lose? Take a step back and get some perspective.

If someone had told me at the beginning of the year that we'd lose to the Pats by 2 in the season opener and by 1 to Indy at Indy, I would have been very happy.

I would have been happy to know that our coaches threw in a few wrinkles to confuse Brett Farve (i.e. the 3-4) and cut off the deep roots to stifle Peyton. Even have opposing coaches applaud our gameplanning (Dungy). Unlike Mularkey and our old DC, these coaches can coach. Obviously the OL is a major problem, but they've only been together for 3 weeks. Give it time. Go watch some old Bills footage or something. Many of you need to learn how not to focus on the negative.

We all know that this year was going to be interesting. The only beating we've taken was in Chicago. THis is going to take time people.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"If someone would have told me at the beginning of the season..."

That's when I stopped reading. Joe is right (good god), keep having low standards and you will live and die by them. This is a Bills team that has had many opportunities to be decent to great and yet we have been PATHETIC.

The optomists are always the ones who died first --paraphrase of Admiral Stockdale.

I'm a realist. It's going to take time. THis isn't about low standards. It's about patience. Expecting things to turn around as quickly as you want is, get this, un-freaking-realistic. Now leave this thread and continue to self-flagellate yourself because your football team lost.

THis is going to take time people.

834936[/snapback]

You mean I've got to wait another seven years to make the playoffs? Because this whole, "It's going to take some time," regurgitation is something I'm fed up with. So pardon those that are grumpy about today for feeling that way.

Whiners. Geez, get a freakin' life some of you. Your whole week is ruined if the Bills lose? Take a step back and get some perspective.

If someone had told me at the beginning of the year that we'd lose to the Pats by 2 in the season opener and by 1 to Indy at Indy, I would have been very happy.

I would have been happy to know that our coaches threw in a few wrinkles to confuse Brett Farve (i.e. the 3-4) and cut off the deep roots to stifle Peyton. Even have opposing coaches applaud our gameplanning (Dungy). Unlike Mularkey and our old DC, these coaches can coach. Obviously the OL is a major problem, but they've only been together for 3 weeks. Give it time. Go watch some old Bills footage or something. Many of you need to learn how not to focus on the negative.

We all know that this year was going to be interesting. The only beating we've taken was in Chicago. THis is going to take time people.

834936[/snapback]

Your points are good and taken into consideration. While I don't let a Bills loss ruin my week I do get bothered when the team that I love appears to be taking steps backwards as the season progresses. (offensively speaking)

The optomists are always the ones who died first --paraphrase of Admiral Stockdale.

I'm a realist. It's going to take time. THis isn't about low standards. It's about patience. Expecting things to turn around as quickly as you want is, get this, un-freaking-realistic. Now leave this thread and continue to self-flagellate yourself because your football team lost.

834944[/snapback]

It's not about being optimistic or pessimistic. It's about taking a step back and saying, if i wasn't a bills fan, what would i think about their level of competitiveness? The outlook is not good. You could say all you want about being patient and what not and I have been patient since I have watched the Bills since I was a fan a long long time ago.

The problem is that it's always the SAME problems. To me JP Losman isn't the answer, and a team reflects your QB. To me this offensive line is below average, and that reflects on how good your QB will be. The only thing positive on this team is the defense and well, even that has been sh------- from time to time.

I don't know if they will be good next year or not, but the way things are going now, losing sucks. Watching football is fun, cheering for your team is fun but when they don't even look like they care sometimes, it drains you.

You mean I've got to wait another seven years to make the playoffs? Because this whole, "It's going to take some time," regurgitation is something I'm fed up with. So pardon those that are grumpy about today for feeling that way.

834945[/snapback]

Then blame Donahoe since he had 2 or 3 different coaches under his watch. Get this, we have new coaches and a new GM. Some of you will never be satisfied, I guess.

It's not about being optimistic or pessimistic.  It's about taking a step back and saying, if i wasn't a bills fan, what would i think about their level of competitiveness?  The outlook is not good.  You could say all you want about being patient and what not and I have been patient since I have watched the Bills since I was a fan a long long time ago. 

The problem is that it's always the SAME problems.  To me JP Losman isn't the answer, and a team reflects your QB.  To me this offensive line is below average, and that reflects on how good your QB will be.  The only thing positive on this team is the defense and well, even that has been sh------- from time to time.

I don't know if they will be good next year or not, but the way things are going now, losing sucks.  Watching football is fun, cheering for your team is fun but when they don't even look like they care sometimes, it drains you.

834950[/snapback]

Attachment leads to all suffering--Bhudda

Our defense, IMHO, has taken a slight step forward. I agree the OL has been a problem for awhile. However, this year's draft focused on the defense. We had Moulds cap hit, so we didn't get any top OL free agents. Next year should see us focus on the OL...not to mention we just shuffled the line again.

JP has always, to me, showed that he doesn't give up and he's learning. He is no RJ. Heck, even the mighty Eli only had 120 yards passing today, even with Tiki in the backfield. If you want to take issue with someone on this team, take issue with Peerless. We need a much better #2 than what he's given us.

I don't know if they will be good next year or not, but the way things are going now, losing sucks.  Watching football is fun, cheering for your team is fun but when they don't even look like they care sometimes, it drains you.

834950[/snapback]

When they don't look like they even care it's like spitting in ticket holders faces and everyone else who devotes time and energy to following and supporting them. In person against GB watching the offense consistently walking off the field with their heads down acting like they didn't give a sh-- really bothered me. (yes I actually swore)

Spending so much money and not getting a product that's even fun to watch is very depressing. It's like getting a stocking full of poo on christmas.

This team truly is the most boring team to watch when JP and company are on the field.

Attachment leads to all suffering--Bhudda

Our defense, IMHO, has taken a slight step forward. I agree the OL has been a problem for awhile. However, this year's draft focused on the defense. We had Moulds cap hit, so we didn't get any top OL free agents. Next year should see us focus on the OL...not to mention we just shuffled the line again.

JP has always, to me, showed that he doesn't give up and he's learning. He is no RJ. Heck, even the mighty Eli only had 120 yards passing today, even with Tiki in the backfield. If you want to take issue with someone on this team, take issue with Peerless. We need a much better #2 than what he's given us.

834953[/snapback]

I take issue with the QB first. Not giving up isn't what impresses me since, by nature, QB's have to be competitors or else, well there is someone else in line who is willing to be more competitive.

It's holding on to the ball too long. Like one of my friends was telling me, when he would turn on the bills game, he would see JP taking a sack. That is partial the OL and partial JP. Now I want the guy to succeed, boy do I ever, but like I said, I don't really believe it.

When they don't look like they even care it's like spitting in ticket holders faces and everyone else who devotes time and energy to following and supporting them.  In person against GB watching the offense consistently walking off the field with their heads down acting like they didn't give a sh-- really bothered me. (yes I actually swore)

Spending so much money and not getting a product that's even fun to watch is very depressing.  It's like getting a stocking full of poo on christmas.

This team truly is the most boring team to watch when JP and company are on the field.

834955[/snapback]

I wouldn't say they didn't care. That's more like the Raiders than anything... but do they believe in their coach? Do they believe that they are better off working harder if some players play like sh-- and still manage to stay starters on the team.

834955[/snapback]

boring because they are playing ultraconservative. 13 pass attempts? youre not going to see a fun offense with that kind of game plan. point is, they need to let jp move more than he does. i thought we drafted him for his legs and potential to be a threat in the air and on the ground... yet, they wont let him run and he doesnt have enough time to throw a nice deep ball.

boring because they are playing ultraconservative. 13 pass attempts? youre not going to see a fun offense with that kind of game plan. point is, they need to let jp move more than he does. i thought we drafted him for his legs and potential to be a threat in the air and on the ground... yet, they wont let him run and he doesnt have enough time to throw a nice deep ball.

834963[/snapback]

I totally agree with you but be careful I got flamed earlier for starting a topic titled "13 pass attempts". He was drafted for his arm, legs and athletic ability. The JP that this team is attempting to mold is none of those three things. sad