I Missed the Game.... Overall how did we play?

wadeb_21

I missed the game and was wondering how we did. I take it by the score our D must have played really well. How was JP this week and how did we do without Willis at RB?

834784[/snapback]

D played awesome. Reminded me of our D from a couple years ago. Mcgee made a couple huge plays. Running game went well, thomas looked pretty good. Offense was pretty bad as a whole, especially red zone. Playcalling was an issue, losman threw only 13 passes. Just another frustrating sunday in the line of many.

Heres my list of some of the positives of the game

1. Terrence McGee had his best game of the year with 6 tackles an 88yd kick return and a TD off a fumble recovery and had great coverage on Reggie Wayne.

2.Nate Clements had his best game of the year.(Marvin Harrision 2rec. 21 yds)He seems like he is learning the system and could be great. He also had a FF and recover that fumble.

3.A-Train had 109yds with one of the worst O-Lines in the league and showed lots of explosion.

4.Our D gave up only 17 pts and scored 7 on the best offensive team in the league . They look like they are finally learning the system. Peyton Manning got only 236 yards and 1TD - and most of it was from the running backs on the short passes. They shut down two of the best receivers in the league.

5. We almost beat the best team in the league - while we are are rebuilding.

6. JP didnt have any turnovers and made some nice throws. He completed 70% of his passes against a pretty good pass D that picked off Brady 4 times last week.

7.Lee Evans had a good game. He made some nice catches and runs after the catch.

8.Angelo Crowell had 13 takles (only one assisted tackle) and a fumble that resulted in a TD. He looked like he was around the ball all day.

9. Brian Moorman was booming punts again and helped our D a lot in not letting the Colts score much.

10. Lindell did great except that last kick and is tied for 2nd in total points for a kicker. Missed the last kick that was to go up 19-17

D played awesome. Reminded me of our D from a couple years ago.

834788[/snapback]

Sure.

Except for not being able to stop the Colts from using up the last 6 and a half minutes of the game. Without even forcing a single third down, at that.

Yeah and the great Ravens defense of 2000 gave up 30+ points to the 7-9 Jaguars .... so what?

836232[/snapback]

So....just that I wouldn't call that an "awesome" game. They did well, got some points, and made a couple of turnovers. But Indy still mostly had their way with them, they gave up far too many rushing yards, and when the time came to stop Indy and give us a chance, they folded.

Don't get me wrong, I thought the defense played fairly well, and I'm impressed that they held Indy to 17 points (though it would have been more if they needed it at the end).

But I wouldn't exactly call that an "awesome" game and in no way did it remind me of our dominating D from a few years ago. That's all.

Yeah and the great Ravens defense of 2000 gave up 30+ points to the 7-9 Jaguars .... so what?

836232[/snapback]

Too bad this isn't an isolated incident with the Bills D. Sure, this is a different system and coaching staff but the Bills D has been unable to come up big in crunch time for, oh, 7 years now. Even during games when they play very well with the game on the line they always seem to come up small. I'm not saying that they suck or that they won't get better in time just that they've consistently done so and I can't blame fans if they're frustrated by it.