Good Game Anthony Thomas!

The Big Cat

Can't ask for too much more from your back up running back.  Would have liked to see a touchdown. 

...But imagine what today could have been like with a one two McGahee Anthony Thomas combo.

834230[/snapback]

I don't know. As much as I like Willis, his back up seems to run harder. I won't say Thomas runs with more heart because it's hard to tell, but the A-train gives it his all on every run. He earned his yards today. I was actually glad he was starting today over Willis because I thought we would have a better chance to win with him.

I don't know.  As much as I like Willis, his back up seems to run harder.  I won't say Thomas runs with more heart because it's hard to tell, but the A-train gives it his all on every run.  He earned his yards today.  I was actually glad he was starting today over Willis because I thought we would have a better chance to win with him.

834260[/snapback]

Thomas = North to south

McGahee = east to west, southeast to west, you get the picture.

Seems to run alot harder then Willis. I not convinced that willis wants to play here. For the money is worth it.

834293[/snapback]

I think that's been the elephant in the room...and yes, Thomas does run harder. What's unfortunate is that Willis runs better. If Willis were to run as HARD as Thomas, he'd be a dominate, play making back. But alas...

Can't ask for too much more from your back up running back.  Would have liked to see a touchdown. 

...But imagine what today could have been like with a one two McGahee Anthony Thomas combo.

834230[/snapback]

a-train did a great job out there today, the highlight of the offense....but even if we did score there or gotten that last field goal, did you see how manning and addai just played with us at will for the last 6 mins. that was embarrasing,...we did a good job of staying close but if you watched the colts there at the end, they all knew they could take us out at any moment ...

Alot of his yards were meaningless 3rd and long runs for 7 yards. yippeeee.

834303[/snapback]

That can be said for every back in league, Meaningless yards. For a backup who is not making a ton of Money (Willis) he sure looks like he can do the Job.

It's a math problem. If Willis wants 5mil/per he can hit the road. Mind you, I'm typing while wearing his jersey so I'm not a basher. I felt he was phenomenal in his first active year with Buffalo. The pile always moved a few more yards. I just haven't seen him as an absolute difference maker. Granted, the line sucks...etc. but I don't have a huge problem with Thomas running hard every week. I would love to see either of those guys with a real line. It's nice to have an option there. Clearly, we do not have this discussion with Shaud Williams.

Too bad JP lost the game with all those missed blocks and play calling or we could have pulled out the upset.

834247[/snapback]

Hehehe.

It looks like we can run the ball when we need to so that is something to build on.

JP's prob seems to be that he has much difficulty in the short passing game.

When Willis does well vs badly ranked run defenses, people say it's because the run D was bad.

When A-Train runs for 100 on one of the worst run defenses in the NFL, it's because he has "heart" and "runs hard every play."

Make up your freaking minds people.

While wearing my Willis jersey as I type, I am honestly disappointed in saying that I was glad Thomas was playing this week instead of Willis. I cant stand McGahee's hesitation at the line of scrimmage, and I was glad that I knew we had someone in there who was going to run straight ahead. Sure, Willis has much more talent that Thomas, but Thomas is more productive. All he does is run straight throught the line, which is what works for our offense, not dancing around in the backfield and getting stopped.

Willis' play this year reminds me so much of when Antowain Smith was here....... get the ball and dive into the line of scrimmage.