The main reason for the loss today...

rolly

The main reason for the loss was the bills' inability to finish in the red zone. 11 plays for -8 yards is pitiful. Coming away with 6 points on 3 chances is also a disgrace.

For this, I have to place the blame on losman. He has got to make plays in the red zone. I don't care what the gameplan is, we all know that we most likely won't be able to run the ball all the time and score touchdowns.

Losman was 9/13 for 85 yards today. I understand it is playcalling. However, after today I am starting to lose faith in losman and his ability to win football games. We need our quarterback to make some plays, and frankly I don't know if he's capable of that. Between him and mcgahee, we have 2 guys that will play ok but not be those difference makers which we direly need.

I am still willing to give losman the rest of the year, but he needs to start making a difference. I don't want a quarterback who is on my team soley to "not make mistakes." I need a guy who can be a game changer, and who I can count on to lead his team to victory.

One more thing, to those of you who say "they almost beat one of the best teams in the league!" I don't care. Is it better to "almost" win or get blownout? The answer is neither, they're both losses.

piss poor coaching and playcalling ultimately cost us the game.

3 imes in the redzone today and we didnt throw a single ball into the endzone.

834101[/snapback]

I don't know if I blame our offensive coordinator or the fact that there is only one player on the entire team you can count on to catch the ball when you throw it to him (Evans).

At the end of the day, the main who is releasing the ball out of his hands is the quarterback. He is the one on the field (hopefully) throwing touchdowns. Ya, playcalling may have been a problem, but fairchild can't call the plays and execute them. Losman is supposed to do the latter.

I blame the white-on-white uniforms and the fact we were playing in a dome.

How's that?

<_<

834067[/snapback]

Equally as factual as the hypothesis of this topic.

How can people blame Losman for our ineffectiveness in the red zone when he only attempted three passes in the red zone, completing 1? The other 8 times we RAN THE FREAKIN' BALL and got nothing.

Equally as factual as the hypothesis of this topic.

How can people blame Losman for our ineffectiveness in the red zone when he only attempted three passes in the red zone, completing 1? The other 8 times we RAN THE FREAKIN' BALL and got nothing.

834170[/snapback]

True, but those are 3 times he failed to make a game-changing play.

At the end of the day, the main who is releasing the ball out of his hands is the quarterback. He is the one on the field (hopefully) throwing touchdowns. Ya, playcalling may have been a problem, but fairchild can't call the plays and execute them. Losman is supposed to do the latter.

834151[/snapback]

When the QB is given an opportunity to throw on 1st&2nd down and has reasonable time to throw (such as the Bears game or the 2nd Pats game)....I totally agree. Neither of those things was the case today. The question then becomes why is he in the game if the coaches have that little confidence in him.

True, but those are 3 times he failed to make a game-changing play.

834179[/snapback]

As opposed to eight times by the running game. Yet you blame Losman. Nice logic. <_<

Do not forget, that prior to the sack on third down in the 4th Quarter, the Bills had 2nd and 2 and the offensive line got bowled over and Thomas lost 3 yards. They followed that stunner up by wiffing on one of the best pass rushers in the NFL on the next play.

While I think many of the built-in excuses for JP have been just that this year, they were pretty valid today.  The playcalling and pass protection were awful.

834120[/snapback]

<_<

Just when I was starting to think you were one-eyed on the subject you go & say that.

834151[/snapback]

Rolly did you watch the game today????

Were our Redzone problems really JP's fault...??

Lets take a look

11 plays for -8 yards....

8 run plays, 3 pass

lets look at the pass plays....

1st pass play..PA pass/WR screen to Price for -3 yds(JP's FAULT??? NOPE!!!)....

2nd pass play...5 step drop, pass to Royal, terrible throw down at his feet(JP's FAULT??? Yessir)...

3rd pass play....5 step drop, Freeney sack....Freeney came in unblocked when he was one on one with our TE(JP's FAULT??? NOPE!!!)....

Now you tell me, that our redzone inability...rest squarely on the shoulders of our QB

As opposed to eight times by the running game. Yet you blame Losman. Nice logic. <_<

Do not forget, that prior to the sack on third down in the 4th Quarter, the Bills had 2nd and 2 and the offensive line got bowled over and Thomas lost 3 yards. They followed that stunner up by wiffing on one of the best pass rushers in the NFL on the next play.

834190[/snapback]

You can't compare running the ball with throwing the ball. Most runs are around 4 yds a carry. Most passes are for at least 8 yards per. All i'm saying is i want losman to make some plays, even if he doesn't have many opportunities. The best players make the best of their little opportunities before they become good.

Rolly did you watch the game today????

Were our Redzone problems really JP's fault...??

Lets take a look

11 plays for -8 yards....

8 run plays, 3 pass

lets look at the pass plays....

1st pass play..PA pass/WR screen to Price for -3 yds(JP's FAULT??? NOPE!!!)....

2nd pass play...5 step drop, pass to Royal, terrible throw down at his feet(JP's FAULT??? Yessir)...

3rd pass play....5 step drop, Freeney sack....Freeney came in unblocked when he was one on one with our TE(JP's FAULT??? NOPE!!!)....

Now you tell me, that our redzone inability...rest squarely on the shoulders of our QB

834274[/snapback]

Yes, I watched the game. And I agree with many in that the playcalling was subpar. This is the last time i'll say it: WE NEED JP TO BE A PLAYMAKER. JUST AS MANY TEAMS DEPEND ON THEIR QUARTERBACK TO MAKE PLAYS. So fairchild called 3 pass plays in the red zone. What does this say in their confidence in their quarterback? What does it say about losman's confidence in himself? I will give him the rest of the year to prove something, but as of now he's just behind center going through the motions, not making a difference.

You can't compare running the ball with throwing the ball. Most runs are around 4 yds a carry. Most passes are for at least 8 yards per. All i'm saying is i want losman to make some plays, even if he doesn't have many opportunities. The best players make the best of their little opportunities before they become good.

834285[/snapback]

Why is it that he has to be 'the best'? Why can't he just become very good? I'd be content with 'good' myself but it seems most here want HOF clalibre or nothing....in all possitions.

Why is it that he has to be 'the best'?  Why can't he just become very good?  I'd be content with 'good' myself but it seems most here want HOF clalibre or nothing....in all possitions.

834307[/snapback]

That's fine. He can be "good." I just want him to make a difference. We did make quite an investment in him, so I think the expectations are warranted.