Bill Belichek, what a loser!!!

Rayzer32

There were some reports this week that Belichick feels Mangini tampered with acquiring some coaches/staff under contract with New England when he left. There are also some unconfirmed rumors that one of those employees was the team chef.

834092[/snapback]

These were thoughts I posted on a Jets website, which I think apply. Belichick's anger at Mangini has three components:

1: Belechick saw Mangini as a successor, look how long he kept him, and kept promoting him. He felt especilly blindsided when Mangini left after only one year as defensive coordinater, without anyone else on his staff with the experience and knowledge to step in with Mangini's knowledge and qualities.

2: Belichick hates the Jets, as he felt blindsided when he had an offer from the Patriots which Parcells knew about, so Parcels, hating the Patriots, decided to move up to General Manager, which put Belichick in as the Jets coach, and when he declined, his new team, the Patriots, lost a draft choice to get him.

3: Belichick hates Mangini personally now because of the offer to Dion Branch, who he thought that he could keep on the cheap. The offer by Mangini sealed the deal that Branch wasn't coming back, and now the team has no reciever who can sense when Brady is being blitzed, and come back. That is the reason that you are seeing balls thrown into the ground by Brady when he is blitzed, as he had seveal years of Branch coming back when he was blitzed, and the only reciever who has that experience now is Troy Brown, who is too slow to react.

I used to admire Belichick, but the Vinitari deal, in which Vinitari was first represented by Belichick's agent, showed me the true meaness of the man. Vinitari went with his/Belichick's agent to an interview with Green Bay, during which Vinitari found out that the agent did not have an offer for Green Bay, on orders from Belichick, who wanted to keep Vinitari on the cheap. Vinitari was livid, and fired the agent when Indianapolis contacted him. This is the same General Manager who signed Tom Brady on the cheap, then would not pay Dion Branch, Brady's favorite receiver, even though the Patriots were/are thirteen million under the cap. Of course that was also influenced by the Patriot's owners, who have a huge interest nut to pay down on the privately financed stadium, and are nickle and dimeing everything now (look at the condition of the field).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw the play, and it was a BS call.  Brady jumped as he released it and Hobson just took him down without picking him up.  Combined with what happened last weekend against the Colts, I'm glad that even the refs can't help them win anymore.

835982[/snapback]

See - just like I told you! Maybe Hobson should have cradled widdle Tommy and sung him a lullabye on the way down to the ground. ;)

What mystifies me is that the announcers fell all over themselves to agree with the roughing call. Either they've been encouraged by the NFL and/or network to voice more support for the refs, or their Brady-worship is dulling their powers of simple observation.

See - just like I told you! Maybe Hobson should have cradled widdle Tommy and sung him a lullabye on the way down to the ground.  :w00t:

;)

What mystifies me is that the announcers fell all over themselves to agree with the roughing call. Either they've been encouraged by the NFL and/or network to voice more support for the refs, or their Brady-worship is dulling their powers of simple observation.

Who were the announcers? Some criticize the calls, some toe the company line.

There were some reports this week that Belichick feels Mangini tampered with acquiring some coaches/staff under contract with New England when he left. There are also some unconfirmed rumors that one of those employees was the team chef.

834092[/snapback]

These were thoughts I posted on a Jets website, which I think apply. Belichick's anger at Mangini has three components:

1: Belechick saw Mangini as a successor, look how long he kept him, and kept promoting him. He felt especilly blindsided when Mangini left after only one year as defensive coordinater, without anyone else on his staff with the experience and knowledge to step in with Mangini's knowledge and qualities.

2: Belichick hates the Jets, as he felt blindsided when he had an offer from the Patriots which Parcells knew about, so Parcels, hating the Patriots, decided to move up to General Manager, which put Belichick in as the Jets coach, and when he declined, his new team, the Patriots, lost a draft choice to get him.

3: Belichick hates Mangini personally now because of the offer to Dion Branch, who he thought that he could keep on the cheap. The offer by Mangini sealed the deal that Branch wasn't coming back, and now the team has no reciever who can sense when Brady is being blitzed, and come back. That is the reason that you are seeing balls thrown into the ground by Brady when he is blitzed, as he had seveal years of Branch coming back when he was blitzed, and the only reciever who has that experience now is Troy Brown, who is too slow to react.

I used to admire Belichick, but the Vinitari deal, in which Vinitari was first represented by Belichick's agent, showed me the true meaness of the man. Vinitari went with his/Belichick's agent to an interview with Green Bay, during which Vinitari found out that the agent did not have an offer for Green Bay, on orders from Belichick, who wanted to keep Vinitari on the cheap. Vinitari was livid, and fired the agent when Indianapolis contacted him. This is the same General Manager who signed Tom Brady on the cheap, then would not pay Dion Branch, Brady's favorite receiver, even though the Patriots were/are thirteen million under the cap. Of course that was also influenced by the Patriot's owners, who have a huge interest nut to pay down on the privately financed stadium, and are nickle and dimeing everything now (look at the condition of the field).

836046[/snapback]

Those are all really good points, and likely though they may be, they're still no reason to snub the other guy in front of the cameras and thousands of fans. That's just bush no matter which way you cut it.

I have been saying this for 2 years now, the patriots showing no loyalty & trying to get everybody on the cheap is eventually going to catch up to them. Maybe you would be overpaying guys like Milloy, Law, Ashworth, Branch, Mginest, Viniteri to be keeping them, but guess what??? Those guys helped you win super bowls. Where is the thanks. Dont think for a minute that goes unnoticed in the lockerroom. Look, as long as the pats have Brady & Belicheck they should always be playing meaningfull games late in the season, but it is quite obvious that they are not the juggernaut they used to be & teams do not fear them like they used to. I will go as far as saying Brady will not win another super bowl the remainder of his career.