Ohio State vs. Michigan

bartshan-83

I really hope that the Ohio St/Michigan game is a blowout one way or the other because it will cause serious chaos in the BCS, and hopefully, push us one step closer towards talking about a playoff system.

IF Michigan blows out Ohio St., and ND, Rutgers, Florida and Texas win out...who gets the title game?

ND because our only loss would be to clear cut #1 team in the country and we would have a win AT a big time opponent (USC).

Rutgers because they would be undefeated (probably the only other one) and have wins vs. UL and WVU

Florida because they would have gotten through the SEC AND SEC title game with only one loss and would have the best resume of quality wins.

Texas because their only loss was to Ohio St. early on and they have since beaten a few very good teams and have improved steadily throughout the year (Colt has better numbers than Quinn!)

And if USC beats ND, they would have several quality wins and the only blemish being a narrow loss.

IF Ohio State blows out Michigan....

ND for the same reasons (but our case wouldn't be as strong)

Rutgers...same

Florida...same

Texas...same but better (loss coming early to clear cut #1)

USC...same

Plus, this scenario could play out with several other teams...WVU crushes Rutgers, what about them? Arkansas wins the SEC...they should have just a good a shot as anyone. Cal beats USC (who beats ND) and wins PAC 10....??? Auburn?

I'm sure the dust will settle and clear a lot of this stuff up in the next few weeks, but I can't remember a time where it looked like at least 5 teams could all have potentially equal arguments for a title shot. There will be a lot of unhappy people come selection day.

I really hope that the Ohio St/Michigan game is a blowout one way or the other because it will cause serious chaos in the BCS, and hopefully, push us one step closer towards talking about a playoff system.

IF Michigan blows out Ohio St., and ND, Rutgers, Florida and Texas win out...who gets the title game?

ND because our only loss would be to clear cut #1 team in the country and we would have a win AT a big time opponent (USC).

Rutgers because they would be undefeated (probably the only other one) and have wins vs. UL and WVU

Florida because they would have gotten through the SEC AND SEC title game with only one loss and would have the best resume of quality wins.

Texas because their only loss was to Ohio St. early on and they have since beaten a few very good teams and have improved steadily throughout the year (Colt has better numbers than Quinn!)

And if USC beats ND, they would have several quality wins and the only blemish being a narrow loss.

IF Ohio State blows out Michigan....

ND for the same reasons (but our case wouldn't be as strong)

Rutgers...same

Florida...same

Texas...same but better (loss coming early to clear cut #1)

USC...same

Plus, this scenario could play out with several other teams...WVU crushes Rutgers, what about them?  Arkansas wins the SEC...they should have just a good a shot as anyone.  Cal beats USC (who beats ND) and wins PAC 10....???  Auburn?

I'm sure the dust will settle and clear a lot of this stuff up in the next few weeks, but I can't remember a time where it looked like at least 5 teams could all have potentially equal arguments for a title shot.  There will be a lot of unhappy people come selection day.

832166[/snapback]

Agreed. When not rooting for FSU and Ohio St, i root for the BCS to !@#$ as many teams as possible. It'll push us closer to a playoff system (8 teams)

i disagree, i'm hoping for a close Michigan victory. That's gonna really screw with the BCS and point out a big flaw

Consider

Michigan over Ohio State. Michigan clear #1

So who is number 2?

Rutgers? They're undefeated, but the way the BCS is calculated they'll be lucky to break the top 10

Boise State? Same situation as Rutgers

So #2 is going to come out of a team with 1 loss

Ohio State? Only loss would have come at the hands of the #1

Texas? Only loss came to Ohio State. How can they justify putting them ahead of a team that beat them easily. Sorry Bluefire

Florida? Only loss came to Auburn. Like OSU/Texas, how can they justify ranking a team ahead of another that they beat?

Auburn? Only loss came to a team out of the top 10 (Arkansas). And are they better than Texas or Ohio State? Don't think so

So the only legitimate #2 would be Ohio State. But that is really gonna screw with the BCS title game. They're gonna have 2 teams that have already played. And more importatntly they'll have 2 teams from the same conference.

After they're done soiling their drawers, maybe the NCAA would look into a playoff system

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.