Ethan Albright is PISSED. :D

No, of course it's not real. But it's really funny. Sorry for the re-post.

But I mean:

I have received the impression that you feel that I am lacking in the agility category. I should consider a walk through my living room where I don’t crash through a wall or kick over furniture a resounding success. My agility rating on your game is 33. It makes it sound like I just topple over if I start walking too fast. Ted Washington is rated a 40 in agility. He is listed at 365 pounds. If Ted Washington tied a white lady up and made her wear a metal bikini, he’d look just like Jabba the Hut.

Too good.

That was GREAT!!!! I agree, I don't know where they get some of their ratings from sometimes.

831652[/snapback]

They determine that set overall number for every player that they then fill the various skill sets to reach.

Haven't gotten Madden since 2003, so that's the latest I'm drawing on (older, different more practical interests, have little time and skill for the new video games that require real investment), but... part of it is a defect in how they program it. The game cannot distinguish that Albright might be a 97 on the long-snapping duties, yet a 56 if you would put him in on the normal OL. They put his number low across the board b/c they don't want him to come up as the best OL when he obviously is not. And LS is such a small # of plays that they just arbitrarily assign it to the best OL you have (in 2003, it was actually Fat Mike, who irl wouldn't be able to bend over even halfway in order to snap). In fact, that's the perfect word for how Madden decides the ratings --- it is absolutely arbitrary.

Those guys that do that site (Phat Phree) write some funny sh--. They usually only get a good one once in a blue moon, but when they get it...they fcking get it.

This (below) is one of the funniest things I have ever read. However, it may be an age thing. If you are 18-30, I guarantee you can relate to seeing this sht. Older, maybe...but no guarantees.

Striped Shirt

"I also noticed that my kick return rating was a 0. I was rated a zero? So you feel that I shouldn’t even receive a 10, or even a 5? You are pretty much saying that I couldn’t even fall forward on a ball kicked in my direction. I would just stand there and let the ball bounce off of my !@#$nig face. !@#$ that, John, I returned an onside kick 6 yards in 2002. You should have just slapped a - 4 on me and had the EA staff ambush me with paintball guns."

I haven't laughed that hard in my life.