WR & TE drops would have changed game..

djh

The two drops by Royal (TE) were huge. Also, the Evans drop when he beat the CB & CB closed & put a hand in face.

Three big plays that would have made a huge difference. JP is nowhere near a playmaker...yet. But the entire offense is sputtering....mainly the OL.

On the wide open pass to Evans, the ball was underthrown, but JP also got nailed as soon as he let it go (or rushed it).

My question to the coaches: Can we mix a damn 3 step drop pass in our rotation of plays. Everything is either a run or 7 step drop...too easy to defend

The two drops by Royal (TE) were huge.  Also, the Evans drop when he beat the CB & CB closed & put a hand in face. 

Three big plays that would have made a huge difference.  JP is nowhere near a playmaker...yet.  But the entire offense is sputtering....mainly the OL. 

On the wide open pass to Evans, the ball was underthrown, but JP also got nailed as soon as he let it go (or rushed it).

My question to the coaches:  Can we mix a damn 3 step drop pass in our rotation of plays.  Everything is either a run or 7 step drop...too easy to defend

827814[/snapback]

Nope. JP still makes too many "rookie" mistakes in his 3rd year. Only starting 16 games makes no difference either. Phillip Rivers has only started 8 or so games in his 3rd year and has much more knowledge of the game when he plays. Besides, drops are a part of the game and they are going to happen every single week.

Nope.  JP still makes too many "rookie" mistakes in his 3rd year.  Only starting 16 games makes no difference either.  Phillip Rivers has only started 8 or so games in his 3rd year and has much more knowledge of the game when he plays.  Besides, drops are a part of the game and they are going to happen every single week.

827821[/snapback]

Do you think having the best Running back, one of the best Tight Ends & a pretty good line help?

Compared to running back out with rib injury, TE dropping two big passes & OL that was rotated during the BYE week?

You're right!!! JP sucks based on the comparison to Phillip Rivers.

Do you think having the best Running back, one of the best Tight Ends & a pretty good line help?

Compared to running back out with rib injury, TE dropping two big passes & OL that was rotated during the BYE week?

You're right!!!  JP sucks based on the comparison to Phillip Rivers.

827825[/snapback]

Good point. Rivers is in a great system for success. The same goes with Eli Manning. They both have top 5 rbs who can catch and top 5 TEs. This makes for a lot of easy, confidence-building throws for a young QB.

Additionally, Rivers started 4 years in a major conference. JP is raw and a project that unfortunately, will take some time. But it would be nice to see him turn his head once in a while from the side he is throwing to. :blink:

that first drop by royal was horrible. perfect execution, perfect throw, bad hands. :blink:

that being said, losman sucked that game.

828073[/snapback]

And second pass to Evans hit him between the 8 & the 3. So what there was a hand near, the ball was not touched.

Again an nondescript game. Have JP throw 35-40 times a game, roll out, run a little and make some checkdowns at the line of scrimmage and then we can make a decision.

A game like Sunday is an indictment on the Bills as a team, not the QB.

Finally 2 drops when you throw only 15 times is huge....

The two drops by Royal (TE) were huge.  Also, the Evans drop when he beat the CB & CB closed & put a hand in face. 

Three big plays that would have made a huge difference.  JP is nowhere near a playmaker...yet.  But the entire offense is sputtering....mainly the OL. 

My question to the coaches:  Can we mix a damn 3 step drop pass in our rotation of plays.  Everything is either a run or 7 step drop...too easy to defend

827814[/snapback]

We can also easily say what if on the first drive when it was 2nd and 1?? JP had Royal wide open maybe he wouldn't of got the touchdown, but for sure the first down though........ So what happen on that 3 & 1???? Willis fights for yards and busted a rib.

We can say all the butt's we can think of, but unless the offense wakes up the Bills and doomed!!!

We can also easily say what if on the first drive when it was 2nd and 1?? JP had Royal wide open maybe he wouldn't of got the touchdown, but for sure the first down though........ So what happen on that 3 & 1???? Willis fights for yards and busted a rib.

We can say all the butt's we can think of, but unless the offense wakes up the Bills and doomed!!!

828642[/snapback]

I agree, you can't point out a drop or two and not point out poor decision making by Losman. That 2nd and 1 or whatever down by the Green Bay Goaline was a perfect call to Royal, he was wide open and for some reason JP just panicked and threw it out the back of the end zone?!? I did not forget that play the whole game and rewound it on Tivo a few times to make sure i wasn't missing something...

I agree,  you can't point out a drop or two and not point out poor decision making by Losman.  That 2nd and 1 or whatever down by the Green Bay Goaline was a perfect call to Royal, he was wide open and for some reason JP just panicked and threw it out the back of the end zone?!?  I did not forget that play the whole game and rewound it on Tivo a few times to make sure i wasn't missing something...

828645[/snapback]

Me too I must of watched it four or five times. I think that Royal would of walked in, but it went to Peerless and -7.

You are right and I also pointed it out. Just watched the replay and he definitely made the wrong read.

Frankly I am not trying to give glowing blind support to JP, but I want to see a full game, lots of pass plays (i.e. Minnesota & NY Jets).

I don't want a built in excuse, like playing in Indy this week (at least indoors).

Better gauges will be Miami, Jacksonville & SD @ home (hopefully decent weather).

I am far from impressed with JP, but want to see the season played out.

I'd be just as happy to see him fail and go 5-11 and decent draft pick or 8-8 and see 3 300 yard games, better reads, less fumbles down the stretch.

Is that fair????