Still not ready to jump back on board the Jp

Some problems that I still observed from watching the game is that Jp:

1) Still holds on to the ball way too long. 5 sacks today. That still way too much.

2) Still underthrows his ball too often. The touchdown thrown to Evans was severly underthrown. He really need to work on that, still.

3) Still has poor clock awareness. I think it was in the first quarter when Jp had to use a timeout after a false start. That's inexcusable.

I noticed that he didn't fumble this game, which is good, but I need to see consistency. If he can do this 3 weeks straight then I'll be happy. But I need to see consistency.

Lets get one thing straight here. The defense carried this team today people, not Jp. Plus the Packers are a bad team. I want to see how Jp handles another tough defense next week when he faces the Colts.

I'm not ready to jump back on board the Jp bandwagon after one game, beating a very bad team. CONSISTENCY is the key. I'm very curious to see what Nall can do and I think that time might be sooner than we think.

3) Still has poor clock awareness.  I think it was in the first quarter when Jp had to use a timeout after a false start.  That's inexcusable.

826255[/snapback]

Did you even watch that play? He got lit up as he threw it, meaning he had no follow through on the throw.

It wasn't an underthrown ball, it was a play he made by hanging in there, taking a hit and still being accurate DESPITE the hit.

If JP isn't our guy I can live with that after this season, but I am on the JP bandwagon, and I want that on record during his crappiest month right now.

1) What was the time held on each of those sacks? Pennington got beaten pretty quickly on one, Villareal did a turnstile on another. Not sure on each of the others. Taking a mobile quarterback and trying to calm him down and make him go through his reads is a tough change, and I think the pendulum has swung too far and he needs to both step up in the pocket better and scramble under pressure better. Fortunately I think those things come naturally to him, and will be easier to get back.

I think more than how long he holds on I'm concerned on him not switching targets fast enough and locking on. That is something that is a concern, and is something he could get past, but is also something that could last his career and hold him back.

2) Accuracy is another crucial one, and has me worried at some levels. It's a little like a pitcher in baseball who doesn't throw strikes, and it is something he has to improve quickly. His actual completion percentage is good this year. I don't know if he badly misses more or less often than other QBs, but I sure notice each time and get frustrated. I think this will be something he can continue to progress with, and he has improved from under 50% last year to over 60% this year, so hopefully that also represents better actual throwing accuracy, and not just circumstance.

3) Clock awareness is an easy fix with experience, and while I don't like it, I don't think it has anything to do with the QB he will be over the next five years or more. Worries me much less than most other concerns.

Some problems that I still observed from watching the game is that Jp:

1) Still holds on to the ball way too long.  5 sacks today.  That still way too much.

2) Still underthrows his ball too often.  The touchdown thrown to Evans was severly underthrown.  He really need to work on that, still.

3) Still has poor clock awareness.  I think it was in the first quarter when Jp had to use a timeout after a false start.  That's inexcusable.

I noticed that he didn't fumble this game, which is good, but I need to see consistency.  If he can do this 3 weeks straight then I'll be happy.  But I need to see consistency.

Lets get one thing straight here. The defense carried this team today people, not Jp.  Plus the Packers are a bad team.  I want to see how Jp handles another tough defense next week when he faces the Colts.

I'm not ready to jump back on board the Jp bandwagon after one game, beating a very bad team.  CONSISTENCY is the key.  I'm very curious to see what Nall can do and I think that time might be sooner than we think.

826255[/snapback]

Add to the list of things which are not good about his game is that he has developed a really bad habit of staring down the receiver he is throwing too and thus tipping off a SB watching his eyes where he is throwing the ball.

Yet, despite the fact that this and the other issues you raised are true if by the JP bandwagon you mean those who endorse the Jauron decision to keep him as the starter for as many as 8 more learning experiences as starting QB this year even if he proves not to be the ultimate answer as an adequate QB, then count me as being on the bandwagon, then count me as being on the bandwagon.

1. The loss of two games to NE and even worse the loss to the division opponent Jes at home pretty completely eliminated the pipedream of getting (and likely even competing) for a playoff spot this year.

2. Holcomb is a reasonable choice as a back-up who can potentially play the Frank Reich role of being a spot starter in a playoff run if your #1 goes down, but there is no way he is gonna lead a team to playoff competition or has any potential upside as your QB of the future as he is well into the backside of his career where he never won a starting QB job.

3. Nall on the other hand is at least the right age demographically to have some career left. However even some good performances in hia brief career as a mop-up guy for Favre really demands that he get little more than a fair look when the situatiion allows, and unfortunately for him life is not fair and he had the bad luck of suffering a boo-boo which knocked him out of the early pre-season when the situation allowed for giving him a good look.

He apparently has done nothing in the limited opportunities carrying the clipboard as our disaster QB gives him to force the coaches to give him a shot, and given the fact Ralph has a chunk of change invested in JP for bad or for good, its his job to win or lose (lose it looks like at this point) and the Bills unfortunately must give him more than every chance to finally learn to play on the job.

Overall, the incredible likelihood is that we come out of Indy 3-6 after next week (though the Felons demonstrated in Chicago today that any given Sunday is still true in the NFL) and the deal is as best as I can tell is that you simply live with the pain of JP's learninf and make a decision about how aggressive we are in the FA market for a QB this off-season.

If JP contiues to put up the sorry numbers he did today but we happen to not get the bounces and lose, then I advocate simply moving Nall up on the depth chart to #2 to put even more pressure on JP in what really is a last ditch effort to force him to do something. Then perhaps if JP does not respond AND Nall show something in the marginal additional time a #2 QB gets then maybe you give him a shot in a real game as the season crawls to its ugly finish.

However, for right now we simply will have to put up with whatever horrors befall us under JP because outside of giving some whining fans relief from having to watch JP screw up, there is no real reason to be on any other bandwagon except the start JP one.

Add to the list of things which are not good about his game is that he has developed a really bad habit of staring down the receiver he is throwing too and thus tipping off a SB watching his eyes where he is throwing the ball.

Yet, despite the fact that this and the other issues you raised are true if by the JP bandwagon you mean those who endorse the Jauron decision to keep him as the starter for as many as 8 more learning experiences as starting QB this year even if he proves not to be the ultimate answer as an adequate QB, then count me as being on the bandwagon, then count me as being on the bandwagon.

1. The loss of two games to NE and even worse the loss to the division opponent Jes at home pretty completely eliminated the pipedream of getting (and likely even competing) for a playoff spot this year.

2. Holcomb is a reasonable choice as a back-up who can potentially play the Frank Reich role of being a spot starter in a playoff run if your #1 goes down, but there is no way he is gonna lead a team to playoff competition or has any potential upside as your QB of the future as he is well into the backside of his career where he never won a starting QB job.

3. Nall on the other hand is at least the right age demographically to have some career left.  However even some good performances in hia brief career as a mop-up guy for Favre really demands that he get little more than a fair look when the situatiion allows, and unfortunately for him life is not fair and he had the bad luck of suffering a boo-boo which knocked him out of the early pre-season when the situation allowed for giving him a good look.

He apparently has done nothing in the limited opportunities carrying the clipboard as our disaster QB gives him to force the coaches to give him a shot, and given the fact Ralph has a chunk of change invested in JP for bad or for good, its his job to win or lose (lose it looks like at this point) and the Bills unfortunately must give him more than every chance to finally learn to play on the job.

Overall, the incredible likelihood is that we come out of Indy 3-6 after next week (though the Felons demonstrated in Chicago today that any given Sunday is still true in the NFL) and the deal is as best as I can tell is that you simply live with the pain of JP's learninf and make a decision about how aggressive we are in the FA market for a QB this off-season.

If JP contiues to put up the sorry numbers he did today but we happen to not get the bounces and lose, then I advocate simply moving Nall up on the depth chart to #2 to put even more pressure on JP in what really is a last ditch effort to force him to do something.  Then perhaps if JP does not respond AND Nall show something in the marginal additional time a #2 QB gets then maybe you give him a shot in a real game as the season crawls to its ugly finish.

However, for right now we simply will have to put up with whatever horrors befall us under JP because outside of giving some whining fans relief from having to watch JP screw up, there is no real reason to be on any other bandwagon except the start JP one.

826313[/snapback]

I can see where your going with this.

Did you even watch that play? He got lit up as he threw it, meaning he had no follow through on the throw.

It wasn't an underthrown ball, it was a play he made by hanging in there, taking a hit and still being accurate DESPITE the hit.

826273[/snapback]

What about all the other crappily thrown passes he made when he had time to throw? I am almost totally convinced JP ain't our guy. I'll give him the rest of the year, but he was horrible again today.

I could also hear about 75,000 other people getting frustrated with him today as well.

No doubt some will relish the study in contrasts we'll be viewing next Sunday when Dr. Manning has The Bills in his theatre for surgery. Nurse Losman will swoon at the first sight of blood, no doubt. At least Dungy is a gentleman and he'll call off the dogs by 3:30 into the 4th Quarter, and The Colts will quick kick on every possession. Colts 56 Bills 3 if Jauron runs his regular game plan. This should be a week for Willis to shine, but he's as disappointing as the rest of this year's squad.