NE throttling Indy so far.

I dont know how anyone can say the Colts are not the best team in the league. If the refs didnt hand the Patriots that 1st down before the half the Colts would have probably been up by 14 points. If the refs called PI instead of contact in the 1st Q they could have been up by 17 points. This game just wasnt as close as the score indicated.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

After seeing the Pats lay one of the worst eggs I've seen in a while on national TV, this is one of the few things that could make me laugh.

826287[/snapback]

Whats even funnier is I was going through scenarious in my head of which excuse you would use. Unfortunately this wasnt one of them. Oh well.

None-the-less, I think the "manning sucks against NE" arguement should be out of the window now after he has beaten them by a combined 26 points the past 2 seasons IN NEW ENGLAND.

I think even YOU Hollywood Donahoe can admit that this game should have been more of a 13-17 point win by Indi. The refs blew a few calls for NE, but not as damaging as they were for Indi. That 1st down call before the half was RIDICULOUS. It should have been PI and the ball placed on the 1st yard line instead of illegal touching and your field is crap .. on which Vinateri missed a couple FG's.

Brady's QB rating this game: 34.0

Manning QB rating this game: 93.1

This season:

Brady: 1800 yards, 14 TDs, 8 INTs

Manning: 2300 yards, 17 TDs, 3 INTs

Record: Indi v.s. NE past 2 seasons:

Indi - 2

NE - 0

Whats even funnier is I was going through scenarious in my head of which excuse you would use. Unfortunately this wasnt one of them. Oh well.

None-the-less, I think the "manning sucks against NE" arguement should be out of the window now after he has beaten them by a combined 26 points the past 2 seasons IN NEW ENGLAND.

I think even YOU Hollywood Donahoe can admit that this game should have been more of a 13-17 point win by Indi. The refs blew a few calls for NE, but not as damaging as they were for Indi. That 1st down call before the half was RIDICULOUS. It should have been PI and the ball placed on the 1st yard line instead of illegal touching and your field is crap .. on which Vinateri missed a couple FG's.

Brady's QB rating this game: 34.0

Manning QB rating this game: 93.1

This season:

Brady: 1800 yards, 14 TDs, 8 INTs

Manning: 2300 yards, 17 TDs, 3 INTs

Record: Indi v.s. NE past 2 seasons:

Indi - 2

NE - 0

3-0

Brady and the Pats played like crap tonight, and lost to a better team. But even after that...

3-0

Holding onto Manning's nutsack for dear life and pretending that the NFL historians stop paying attention in late December doesn't change that, at least not for the foreseeable future.

Have fun rooting for your "second team." :P

3-0

Brady and the Pats played like crap tonight, and lost to a better team.  But even after that...

3-0

Holding onto Manning's nutsack for dear life and pretending that the NFL historians stop paying attention in late December doesn't change that, at least not for the foreseeable future.

Have fun rooting for your "second team."  :P

826326[/snapback]

Say 3-0 all you want. Thats a great TEAM accomplishment. I dont judge INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS by SB wins. I would think a Patriot fan would know that especially know, considering how the Patriots come out as a team before the game.

3-0

Brady and the Pats played like crap tonight, and lost to a better team.  But even after that...

3-0

Have fun rooting for your "second team."  :P

826326[/snapback]

You're such a douchebag. Brady played like crap all by himself tonight. Why do all of you NE retahds take losing SOOO badly. Your team is on the decline and we love it.

Belichek yelling at the refs like a little B word down at the 15 yd line about an obvious call, while Indy was running a play, was so Pop-Warner. Even BB is losing it.

And yes, as much as I can't stand the redneck, Peyton Manning is by far the best QB in the league, even with Marcia having 3 rings.

Say 3-0 all you want. Thats a great TEAM accomplishment. I dont judge  INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS by SB wins.

INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS PLAYING WELL LEADS TO SUPER BOWL WINS!

Your knob-gobbling of Manning shows that you and I agree on one thing - that the QB is the most important of the 22 guys on the field. The Patriots have won three Super Bowls because their most important guy on the field has nearly always been better than the other team's most important guy on the field.

Your knob-gobbling of Manning shows that you and I agree on one thing - that the QB is the most important of the 22 guys on the field.  The Patriots have won three Super Bowls because their most important guy on the field has nearly always been better than the other team's most important guy on the field.

826382[/snapback]

Dude your not getting it. Brady has a TEAM around him that picks him up when he falls. Manning has HIMSELF and HARRISON. Thats it. His defense plays well once every 8-10 games. He literally has to win nearly every game off of his shoulder. Put him on the Patriots and watch him excel. Period. Were not arguing SB wins. Were arguing the better QB. Learn that. Please. The better QB is not always the one with the SB wins. Who is better ... Dilfer or Marino?

Your knob-gobbling of Manning shows that you and I agree on one thing - that the QB is the most important of the 22 guys on the field.  The Patriots have won three Super Bowls because their most important guy on the field has nearly always been better than the other team's most important guy on the field.

826382[/snapback]

You're right. Too bad that most important guy (Adam Vinatieri) is playing for Indy now. His foot won your 3 SBs. :P

You're such a douchebag.

:D

Brady played like crap all by himself tonight.

Brady was crap tonight, no doubt, but so were 52 other players and a handful of coaches.

Your team is on the decline and we love it.

Last year at this time: 4-4

This year at this time: 6-2

I'm not a math guy, but that looks like an incline.

Belichek yelling at the refs like a little B word down at the 15 yd line about an obvious call, while Indy was running a play, was so Pop-Warner.  Even BB is losing it.

I was glad he was bitching out the ref for calling a ticky-tack penalty when the WR ran into the DB.

But officiating was not the problem. The Colts got a lot of calls, but the Pats got a big one on the questionable 4th down spot, so it all evened out.

And yes, as much as I can't stand the redneck, Peyton Manning is by far the best QB in the league, even with Marcia [sic] having 3 rings.

Next you'll be saying that the homeless guy pissing at the bus station is by far the richest man in America, even with Bill Gates having $50 billion.

Some things just don't make sense, no matter how many times they're repeated.

You're better off smashing your head into the wall rather than trying to get any point across to this chowderhead.  His love for Super-Tom is unmatched.

826392[/snapback]

I dont think he understands the debate. Im not debating which of the 2 is the better post-season player. I am asking which one of the 2 is the best QB. Period. Peyton Manning is clearly the best QB.

I wonder what they will say if Peyton wins 1 or 2 SB's ... they would crap themselves.

Who is better ... Dilfer or Marino?

826386[/snapback]

Up until Brady came around, Dilfer was the next Joe Montana because he won a SB right? Now it's Ben Roethlisberger. He was the Steelers QB last year and they won the SB so he must be the best QB in the league.........right? :P

:D

Brady was crap tonight, no doubt, but so were 52 other players and a handful of coaches.

I was glad he was bitching out the ref for calling a ticky-tack penalty when the WR ran into the DB.

Ticky tack? give me a break

But officiating was not the problem.  The Colts got a lot of calls, but the Pats got a big one on the questionable 4th down spot, so it all evened out.

Next you'll be saying that the homeless guy pissing at the bus station is by far the richest man in America, even with Bill Gates having $50 billion.

Some things just don't make sense, no matter how many times they're repeated.

826394[/snapback]

That 4th down call could have very been 7 points ... Manning was on fire. Then the refs made the mistake of calling it illegal touching downfield instead of pass interference. Thats a 4 point difference (they got a FG if I remember right). So right their the refs spotted you 11 points or 7 AT LEAST (if you want to say the Colts would have only gotten a FG off of that 4th down stop)

Up until Brady came around, Dilfer was the next Joe Montana because he won a SB right?  Now it's Ben Roethlisberger.  He was the Steelers QB last year and they won the SB so he must be the best QB in the league.........right?  :P

826396[/snapback]

He doesnt understand this one fact:

SUPER BOWLS do a lot but they do NOT make you the best QB in the league. They make you the best TEAM for that YEAR.

Dude your not getting it. Brady has a TEAM around him that picks him up when he falls.

So does every QB, unless I missed some team eschewing the standard 53-man roster in favor of the one-man roster.

Manning has HIMSELF and HARRISON. Thats it.

You're right.  Too bad that most important guy (Adam Vinatieri) is playing for Indy now.

A kicker who plays a dozen or so snaps a game is not the most important guy on the field, ever. Arguing that just make you seem silly.

His foot won your 3 SBs.    :D

I'll have to ask Adam to show me his game MVP trophies.

HAHAHA . I was going to mention that but I figured it would throw him off too much and he would go on a tangent about how they didnt need Vinatieri.

You were probably more afraid that I'd bring up his two shanks tonight.

...this chowderhead.

If this is intended to imply that I live in MA, I don't. But we've been over that. Your memory must be on par with you intellectual and emotional maturity.

826394[/snapback]

And NE has played such tough teams to get to 6-2 this year. They haven't beaten a quality team in awhile. Let's see, Buff x 2, the Jets, Miami, Cincy, and Minny. Hmmmm, I think I would be 6-2 by myself at this point. Two quality teams with winning records = two loses. My math is just fine.

So does every QB, unless I missed some team eschewing the standard 53-man roster in favor of the one-man roster.

A kicker who plays a dozen or so snaps a game is not the most important guy on the field, ever.  Arguing that just make you seem silly.

If this is intended to imply that I live in MA, I don't.  But we've been over that.  Your memory must be on par with you intellectual and emotional maturity.

826400[/snapback]

You don't have to live in MA to be a chowderhead you prejiduce ass. :D

A kicker who plays a dozen or so snaps a game is not the most important guy on the field, ever.  Arguing that just make you seem silly.

If this is intended to imply that I live in MA, I don't.  But we've been over that.  Your memory must be on par with you intellectual and emotional maturity.

826400[/snapback]

Their are games I do believe Manning doesnt think their is a defense playing for his team.

That kicker who plays a dozen or so snaps DID win you 3 Sb's ... deny it or not. Doesnt change the facts.

And NE has played such tough teams to get to 6-2 this year.  They haven't beaten a quality team in awhile.  Let's see, Buff x 2, the Jets, Miami, Cincy, and Minny.  Hmmmm, I think I would be 6-2 by myself at this point.  Two quality teams with winning records = two loses.  My math is just fine.

You are what you are. I'm sure the Colts aren't losing sleep about getting 4 wins penciled in from the Texans and Titans.

6-2 > 4-4. To quote Ron Burgandy, "it's science."

You don't have to live in MA to be a chowderhead you prejiduce ass.  :P

Me, "prejiduce?" I didn't jidge anyone.

You don't understand a number of facts, but I'll point out the most obvious:

THE POINT of playing in the NFL is to WIN SUPER BOWLS.

826404[/snapback]

Absolutely. But it doesnt make one player better than another player because he won ONE game out of the entire season more than another player has. Its ONE GAME and its the Super Bowl. Yes. But sorry ... that does not automatically make someone a better player. John Elway was amazing before he won a SB and he wasnt any more amazing after he won the SB. He simply won ONE MORE GAME than he had in years past.

You don't understand a number of facts, but I'll point out the most obvious:

THE POINT of playing in the NFL is to WIN SUPER BOWLS.

826404[/snapback]

This is the most retarded post ever on TBD.

I would say that the reason for playing in the NFL is because IT'S A JOB and making money is the reason people work. I work for UPS and I do it to make money and support my family. If I don't deliver the most packages every year, I can still be happy.

I dont think he understands the debate. Im not debating which of the 2 is the better post-season player. I am asking which one of the 2 is the best QB. Period. Peyton Manning is clearly the best QB.

I wonder what they will say if Peyton wins 1 or 2 SB's ... they would crap themselves.

826395[/snapback]

Well he didn't, that's the whole !@#$ing point. He's a great QB, but Tom has the rings, and as much as I despise the Pats, you're completely wrong.

You are what you are.  I'm sure the Colts aren't losing sleep about getting 4 wins penciled in from the Texans and Titans.

6-2 > 4-4.  To quote Ron Burgandy, "it's science."

Me, "prejiduce?"  I didn't jidge anyone.

826406[/snapback]

No, you have never judged Tom Donahoe before right?

Well he didn't, that's the whole !@#$ing point.  He's a great QB, but Tom has the rings, and as much as I despise the Pats, you're completely wrong.

826409[/snapback]

I dont understand how you guys dont get what Rayzer and I are saying. Maybe if I put it in bigger caps.

WERE NOT ARGUING THE PLAYER WITH MORE SB WINS

WERE ARGUING THE BETTER QB

MORE SB WINS DOES NOT MEAN YOUR A BETTER PLAYER

IT MEANS YOUR TEAM WAS BETTER THAT YEAR

The example I used was Elway. Elway was not ANY better of a QB after he won his SB, than he was 10 minutes prior to kickoff of the SB. He was the same quality QB. Only difference being he and his TEAM had a SB win.

Unbelievable some people arent getting this.

Exactly.  "I wonder what will happen if Brady wins his 4th and 5th Super Bowls..."  Who cares?  He hasn't!

826412[/snapback]

If he actually does, it won't be with NE. Then you'll be saying it was a team win.

This is the most retarded post ever on TBD. 

I would say that the reason for playing in the NFL is because IT'S A JOB and making money is the reason people work.

Actually, Plato, in defining justice, separated a task's purpose from any wage-earning associated with it. Thus, the earning of money by playing in the NFL is classified under the task of wage-earning, while the act of playing in the NFL is an act in itself, and the sole purpose of that act is to win Super Bowls.

I dont understand how you guys dont get what Rayzer and I are saying. Maybe if I put it in bigger caps.

WERE NOT ARGUING THE PLAYER WITH MORE SB WINS

MORE SB WINS DOES NOT MEAN YOUR A BETTER PLAYER

IT MEANS YOUR TEAM WAS BETTER THAT YEAR

The example I used was Elway. Elway was not ANY better of a QB after he won his SB, than he was 10 minutes prior to kickoff of the SB. He was the same quality QB. Only difference being he and his TEAM had a SB win.

Unbelievable some people arent getting this.

826414[/snapback]

You know what DQ, I bet if Buffalo brings in TB to be our QB right now, we will win the next 2 or 3 SBs. Whadya think?

Actually, Plato, in defining justice, separated a task's purpose from any wage-earning associated with it.  Thus, the earning of money by playing in the NFL is classified under the task of wage-earning, while the act of playing in the NFL is an act in itself, and the sole purpose of that act is to win Super Bowls.

826416[/snapback]

This is the product of media ^^^

Right and before Tom won that SB he was average. But once he played those 60 minutes he was great. And before Tom won his 2nd/3rd he was great but after he played those 60 minutes he was AMAZING. That sounds so stupid. SB wins do not define a player. Absolutely ridiculous.

Again, this is obvious. We're disagreeing on what the purpose of an NFL player is (that is, what makes one player better than another).

If one recognizes that the ultimate goal of an NFL player is to be on the last team standing at the end of the season (the Super Bowl winner), then the better player is the one that does more to achieve that goal.

If the better player to you is the one that accumulates the most statistics, that's okay. But I think a fantasy football board might be a more appropriate forum for such a discussion.

You know what DQ, I bet if Buffalo brings in TB to be our QB right now, we will win the next 2 or 3 SBs.  Whadya think?

826417[/snapback]

Of course. Because that is what Brady does. He is the best player because he won ONE MORE GAME than Manning did. And thats what Brady does.

Again, this is obvious.  We're disagreeing on what the purpose of an NFL player is (that is, what makes one player better than another).

If one recognizes that the ultimate goal of an NFL player is to be on the last team standing at the end of the season (the Super Bowl winner), then the better player is the one that does more to achieve that goal.

If the better player to you is the one that accumulates the most statistics, that's okay.  But I think a fantasy football board might be a more appropriate forum for such a discussion.

826419[/snapback]

Here is what you are saying. Brady is better than Manning because he played and won 90 more minutes (3 super bowls of offensive time) of football than Manning has. That is insane. SB's dont make a player better.