NE throttling Indy so far.

Rayzer and DaQuix's player evalutation: reg season counts as much as playoffs/Sb

Do they give away cars to guys who win regular season games? Do cities hold parades for a team after a regular season win?

Regular season wins are important only insofar as they help a team improve its postseason positioning. This is why teams almost always sit starters in season finales that can't affect playoff seeding.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

SB 36: TD, zero turnovers, game-winning FG drive, 86.2 rating.

SB 38: 3 TDs, Super Bowl record 32 completions, 354 yards, game-winning FG drive, 100.5 rating.

SB 39: 2 TDs, 236 yards, 110.1 rating.

He obviously shined in the last two, and it could certainly be argued he shined in the first, given the theatrics of game-winning drive.

826439[/snapback]

If he actually kicked those 3 FGs then I would agree with you, but he didn't. He managed the game, he didn't WIN THEM. Nice try though.

Didn't Manning have a great defense last year?

And crack is great why should i get off it :P

826442[/snapback]

No, not at all. The Indi defense last year was the Bledsoe of defenses. Good 1st half, horrid 2nd half. In the first half they gave up about 10 points a game (est) and in the 2nd half they gave up about 20+ points a game.

Didn't Manning have a great defense last year?

And crack is great why should i get off it :D

826442[/snapback]

Indy has never really has a great defense, but Brady didn't win the SB last year either.

I can't argue with your second point. :P

And as we all know, Manning doesn't.

826447[/snapback]

dude that was 2 years ago ... wasnt that the game that made the officials re-inforce the 5 yard chuck rule ... aka the "ty law rule" because the NE DB's were raping the Colts WR's? Thats not even me being a homer. I have a Patriots buddy of myne who still laughs with how much they got away with in that game.

Do they give away cars to guys who win regular season games?  Do cities hold parades for a team after a regular season win?

Regular season wins are important only insofar as they help a team improve its postseason positioning.  This is why teams almost always sit starters in season finales that can't affect playoff seeding.

826445[/snapback]

Are you talking about the famous pink Cadillac Marcia won? I would be embarrassed to bring that up again.

that has to be the funniest/dumbest post of all time on this forum ...  :P  :D  :angry:  B-)  B-)  :lol:

Right, don't answer the question or anything. Just call it "dumb."

Regular season games are just as important as postseason games? You say that, and then call my words dumb?

THERE IS NO TROPHY FOR REGULAR SEASON GAMES! That's what these guys are playing for!

A TROPHY!

Right, don't answer the question or anything.  Just call it "dumb."

Regular season games are just as important as postseason games?  You say that, and then call my words dumb?

THERE IS NO TROPHY FOR REGULAR SEASON GAMES!  That's what these guys are playing for!

A TROPHY!

826456[/snapback]

Does that Trophy have a little magic formula in it, that when you drink it (or rub it, whichever you prefer) you automatically become a much better QB? :P

Right, don't answer the question or anything.  Just call it "dumb."

Regular season games are just as important as postseason games?  You say that, and then call my words dumb?

THERE IS NO TROPHY FOR REGULAR SEASON GAMES!  That's what these guys are playing for!

A TROPHY!

826456[/snapback]

Don't dangle that i front of my face unless you want a sock in the mouth.

I am making a declaration, all in favor say I. FROM NOW ON, NO MORE PICTURES OF THE LOMBARDI TROPHY UNTIL IT IS IN A BILLS PLAYERS HAND AT THE END OF THE SUPERBOWL.

Does that Trophy have a little magic formula in it, that when you drink it (or rub it, whichever you prefer) you automatically become a much better QB?  :P

I see you're struggling with the issue of causation.

Good players CAUSE their teams to win championships. Championships don't CAUSE players to become good.

Understand?

You never responded to this:

you posted a link

I said

dude that was 2 years ago ... wasnt that the game that made the officials re-inforce the 5 yard chuck rule ... aka the "ty law rule" because the NE DB's were raping the Colts WR's? Thats not even me being a homer. I have a Patriots buddy of myne who still laughs with how much they got away with in that game.

I see you're struggling with the issue of causation.

Good players CAUSE their teams to win championships.  Championships don't CAUSE players to become good.

Understand?

826463[/snapback]

So Trent Dilfer CAUSED (because he is a great player) his team to win the SB ... and Marino because he was NOT a great player caused his team to NOT win a SB? :P