NE throttling Indy so far.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're saying that a week 9 regular season matchup is more important than the AFCC games?  Can you confirm that as your position?

826459[/snapback]

I bet there have been many a week 9 game that have determined whether a team makes the playoffs or not. So yes, I can.

What you are basically trying to say is f*ck the meaningless regular season games and lets just play the AFC championship game with NE and some other team that might have a QB almost as good as Brady.

I bet there have been many a week 9 game that have determined whether a team makes the playoffs or not.  So yes, I can.

So you're saying that winning a game that gets you to the playoffs is more important than winning a game in the playoffs?

What you are basically trying to say is f*ck the meaningless regular season games and lets just play the AFC championship game with NE and some other team that might have a QB almost as good as Brady.

No, I am not saying anything that even resembles that.

Never said that, either.

826473[/snapback]

You two are like my parents when they used to be married. Arguing your points until you get tired then you both go your seperate ways to bed not resolving your problems that you think you have, but your real problem is that neither one of you are taking anything the other says into consideration.

Your like Fascists speaking to Communists. Down right painful when your in a drunken state like myself.

Anyways this debate will probably rage on for days. I don't care. I'll tell you one thing though.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have and currently are on teams that are good enough to win the superbowl. If Manning was playing for the Arizona Cardinals, I would feel bad for him but he's been consistently on a team that has tried to build a winner around him. Until he finds a way to get over the hump and win a SB, or at the very least, participate in one, he will never be as great as Tom Brady, and no stat, record or otherwise will change that.

That is all from me for tonight.

Good night.

You two are like my parents when they used to be married. Arguing your points until you get tired then you both go your seperate ways to bed not resolving your problems that you think you have, but your real problem is that neither one of you are taking anything the other says into consideration.

Your like Fascists speaking to Communists. Down right painful when your in a drunken state like myself.

I actually agree. I'm not even sure what I'm arguing anymore.

Anyways this debate will probably rage on for days.  I don't care.  I'll tell you one thing though.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have and currently are on teams that are good enough to win the superbowl.  If Manning was playing for the Arizona Cardinals, I would feel bad for him but he's been consistently on a team that has tried to build a winner around him.  Until he finds a way to get over the hump and win a SB, or at the very least, participate in one, he will never be as great as Tom Brady, and no stat, record or otherwise will change that.

Good night.

826478[/snapback]

Trying to throw Matt Leinart into this debate heh? Who wants to pick up the Matt Leinart side of this?

Anyways this debate will probably rage on for days.  I don't care.  I'll tell you one thing though.

Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have and currently are on teams that are good enough to win the superbowl.  If Manning was playing for the Arizona Cardinals, I would feel bad for him but he's been consistently on a team that has tried to build a winner around him.  Until he finds a way to get over the hump and win a SB, or at the very least, participate in one, he will never be as great as Tom Brady, and no stat, record or otherwise will change that.

Good night.

Good idea.

Time to sleep.

So you're saying that winning a game that gets you to the playoffs is more important than winning a game in the playoffs?

826475[/snapback]

Fu#king A right it is. You can't get to the playoffs without winning those games moron! What don't you understand about this? I would rather get to the playoffs and lose than to not make the playoffs at all.

Haven't you ever hear the saying, "it's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all"?

Maybe not, because it sounds like you have never been loved by anyone.

Good night and be sure to throw an extra blanket on Brady, it's a little chilly tonight.

How anyone can say that the Pats are in the same league as Indy at this point is ridiculous. The Pats played the best game they could have. They threw the kitchen sink at Peyton and just lost. Dungy made the adjustments needed to win, something Beli-Ache just could not do. The Pats might have stolen 3 SBs, but the NFL is clearly looking at Indy as the new feel good story.

Marvin Harrison put on a clinic last night. Capped off when he spiked the ball in Vrabel's ugly mug after that insane TD catch. :P

Seriously, every time I watch that guy it makes me even more annoyed that we have to hear about TO and Chad Johnson ad nauseam. If Indy doesn't ever win the Super Bowl, Marvin's legacy will probably be similar to Barry Sanders. One of the best to play his position, but was on a team that couldn't win (or even get to) the big games. Maybe this year that will change.

Good night.

826478[/snapback]

So once Manning wins a SB he is then as good as Brady. Because those 60 minutes made him a better QB? Thats retarded.

How anyone can say that the Pats are in the same league as Indy at this point is ridiculous.  The Pats played the best game they could have.  They threw the kitchen sink at Peyton and just lost.  Dungy made the adjustments needed to win, something Beli-Ache just could not do.  The Pats might have stolen 3 SBs, but the NFL is clearly looking at Indy as the new feel good story.

826499[/snapback]

EXACTLY ... not to mention that last nights game could have easily been a 17 point win by Indi if Vinatieri didnt miss a couple un-chararistic field goals and the refs didnt make up their own rules (touching instead of pass interference, first down on a 4th down with no measurement) ... it was all ridiculous. The score SHOULD have been:

Indi: 38

Pats: 20

Marvin Harrison put on a clinic last night. Capped off when he spiked the ball in Vrabel's ugly mug after that insane TD catch.  ;)

Seriously, every time I watch that guy it makes me even more annoyed that we have to hear about TO and Chad Johnson ad nauseam. If Indy doesn't ever win the Super Bowl, Marvin's legacy will probably be similar to Barry Sanders. One of the best to play his position, but was on a team that couldn't win (or even get to) the big games. Maybe this year that will change.

826538[/snapback]

Barry Sanders who? Antowain Smith is better than Barry Sanders because Antowain has a couple rings and Barry doesnt. Havent you read this thread?

So once Manning wins a SB he is then as good as Brady. Because those 60 minutes made him a better QB? Thats retarded.

EXACTLY ... not to mention that last nights game could have easily been a 17 point win by Indi if Vinatieri didnt miss a couple un-chararistic field goals and the refs didnt make up their own rules (touching instead of pass interference, first down on a 4th down with no measurement) ... it was all ridiculous. The score SHOULD have been:

Indi: 38

Pats: 20

827013[/snapback]

Yes! I was hoping I could show up and read some more hypothetical scores this week from daquixers. How come the score could've been worse if Vinatieri didn't uncharacteristically miss FG's, but Brady uncharacteristically throwing four picks had no impact on your hypothetical score? If those picks were instead actually TD passes, New England would have killed them.

We hear it all year, every year about Manning. This is the year. And when he would meltdown in the playoffs, it was because he was on the road, or it was cold...Always an excuse. And then he had homefield locked up last year, and they lost in the dome because Manning threw a HUGE interception late in the game. Even a gift fumble and return at the end and he couldn't get it done.

The guy is great, but win a game that matters. Even his college team won a national title the year after he left. Tee Martin?

Yes!  I was hoping I could show up and read some more hypothetical scores this week from daquixers.  How come the score could've been worse if Vinatieri didn't uncharacteristically miss FG's, but Brady uncharacteristically throwing four picks had no impact on your hypothetical score?  If those picks were instead actually TD passes, New England would have killed them.

We hear it all year, every year about Manning.  This is the year.  And when he would meltdown in the playoffs, it was because he was on the road, or it was cold...Always an excuse.  And then he had homefield locked up last year, and they lost in the dome because Manning threw a HUGE interception late in the game.  Even a gift fumble and return at the end and he couldn't get it done. 

The guy is great, but win a game that matters.  Even his college team won a national title the year after he left.  Tee Martin?

827035[/snapback]

Fine take away the field goals ... the score should have been 34-20. The refs:

1. Called intentional touching downfield instead of pass interference which would have given them a 1st down on the 1 yard line. They ended up getting a field goal that drive. Thats a 4 point difference.

2. That great 1st down call by Winter which you know for darn sure Periera is going to get questioned about in his segment on NFL ref calls of the week. That would have given Peyton the ball back ... 47 yards to go and over a minute to do it. Considering he was on a roll and had scored every possesion before that, odds are he would have scored a TD. Even if he didnt, its still a field goal. thats 3-7 points. So overall the refs had an impact of 7-11 points.

The only horrible call I saw go against NE was the Taunting on Brown. That was crap, but that didnt change the score at all. That was nothing.

Why isnt their a Patriot logo as your avatar?

And thats where we differ. I dont think a SB win should have relevance on how good a player is. How many SB's did Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Thurman, Thomas and Andre Reed all have put together? 0 ...

Super Bowls are great and it is the goal, but I dont think that makes 1 player any better than another player.

Fine take away the field goals ... the score should have been 34-20. The refs:

1. Called intentional touching downfield instead of pass interference which would have given them a 1st down on the 1 yard line. They ended up getting a field goal that drive. Thats a 4 point difference.

827053[/snapback]

I won't make fun of you for saying intentional touching instead of illegal contact. Both do have an 'underage sex offender' connotation to them. However, illegal contact is called when contact occurs before the ball is in the air. The NE corner definitely first made contact beyond five yards BEFORE Manning let go of the ball. And that was a schitty pass regardless.

2. That great 1st down call by Winter which you know for darn sure Periera is going to get questioned about in his segment on NFL ref calls of the week. That would have given Peyton the ball back ... 47 yards to go and over a minute to do it. Considering he was on a roll and had scored every possesion before that, odds are he would have scored a TD. Even if he didnt, its still a field goal. thats 3-7 points. So overall the refs had an impact of 7-11 points.

827053[/snapback]

It was retarded to go for it, and it was retarded by a ref BEHIND the LOS to jump in and say 1st down. Watching it live, I thought there was no way Brady got it. But oh well, he threw a deep pick right after that which is just like a punt, which they should've done in the first place. So call it a wash.

Why isnt their a Patriot logo as your avatar?

827053[/snapback]

Because I hate the Patriots. I don't hate Manning, but I also don't want his milky white goodness on my chin like you do.

And thats where we differ. I dont think a SB win should have relevance on how good a player is. How many SB's did Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Thurman, Thomas and Andre Reed all have put together? 0 ...

Super Bowls are great and it is the goal, but I dont think that makes 1 player any better than another player.

827053[/snapback]

I will never, ever say those players aren't/weren't good. Thurman is probably my favorite player of all-time. And a Super Bowl doesn't put Trent Dilfer in Marino's or Kelly's class. I would say Manning is already in their class. But he has consistently been a favorite at every level to win a championship, and he has consistently failed to perform on the biggest stage. There is one thing to get there and play great but lose in the end. Manning has continuously played his worst game of his season when his team has needed him the most.

If you think that doesn't make him less of a player, so be it. Like I said, I love Thurmal, but there's no denying that his great career has a some black marks from his performances in those last three SB's.

I won't make fun of you for saying intentional touching instead of illegal contact.  Both do have an 'underage sex offender' connotation to them.  However, illegal contact is called when contact occurs before the ball is in the air.  The NE corner definitely first made contact beyond five yards BEFORE Manning let go of the ball.  And that was a schitty pass regardless.

HAHA! For some reason I couldnt think of the actual term.

It was retarded to go for it, and it was retarded by a ref BEHIND the LOS to jump in and say 1st down.  Watching it live, I thought there was no way Brady got it.  But oh well, he threw a deep pick right after that which is just like a punt, which they should've done in the first place.  So call it a wash.

Not a wash because if Manning got it at the 47 yard line, he is going to score. That was pretty obvious.

Because I hate the Patriots.  I don't hate Manning, but I also don't want his milky white goodness on my chin like you do.

I will never, ever say those players aren't/weren't good.  Thurman is probably my favorite player of all-time.  And a Super Bowl doesn't put Trent Dilfer in Marino's or Kelly's class.  I would say Manning is already in their class.  But he has consistently been a favorite at every level to win a championship, and he has consistently failed to perform on the biggest stage.  There is one thing to get there and play great but lose in the end.  Manning has continuously played his worst game of his season when his team has needed him the most.

I thought last year and even the year before wasnt his fault. His defense has to play better in the playoffs also. He threw one bad pick in the playoffs last year. So what? So did Brady. Big deal.

If you think that doesn't make him less of a player, so be it.  Like I said, I love Thurmal, but there's no denying that his great career has a some black marks from his performances in those last three SB's.

827098[/snapback]

Yes. I dont believe SB's should determine whether a player is better than another player. Those 60 minutes do not make Brady better than Manning.