QB is not on top of the 'fix it' list

rocketbills

someone posted earlier that JP sucks based on his having 56 yards passing at halftime. nevermind the fact that the coaches on had him drop back 12 times to throw the ball, two of those plays resulting in sacks. the game plan was to run the ball and try to hit a big play or two witht eh passing game. on the first attempt at a big gainer, royal dropped a perfect pass from JP where JP bought time with his legs in order for royal to get open (something most qb's could not do). on the second attempt, JP had to step up in the pocket twice to avoid pressure and his toss to evans was about two feet under thrown as a result of being rushed. if the O-line was even AVERAGE, jp would look like a decent starting qb at this level, if not a very good one. if the Bills don't draft O-linemen with the first three picks in teh draft, it will be an absolute dissaster and the mockery that is the buffalo bills organization will continue. sorry if i am just pointing out the obvious but to those who are too blind to see it, the bills have many problems and the quarterback isn't even close to being on the top of that list.

just thought i would add this too. the bills are running a brand spanking new off. this season and those things take one, sometimes two seasons to gel and come together. also, to those of you complaining about JP not throwing slatns to his recievers the way the packers were.....do you think JP calls his own plays??? he can only throw the ball to the recievers who run the routes that the coaches tell them too!!!!! as long as he is not forcing the ball into coverage, i'll take 100 yds, 1 td, and a win any day of the week!!

what is your point?? yes they are paid professionals.....but how many times each season, wether it be professional or college football, do we see multiple, sometimes as many as 10+ head coaches get fired??? just because you are paid to do soemthing, does not make you good at what you are paid to do. i think the coaching thus far, at least on the O. side of the ball, has been decent but i would like to see things changed a bit. also,i never claimed to be a paid professional. so i ask you, what is your point? did you bring anything to the table?? thanks for your post, but i don't think you accomplished anything. would you like to try again?

just thought i would add this too.  the bills are running a brand spanking new off. this season and those things take one, sometimes two seasons to gel and come together. 

825842[/snapback]

saints seem to be up to speed with their new offense.......that team is producing

point being, i don't think you can use a new offense as an excuse.....if you want to point the finger, point it at the lack of talent on the OL........JP can't do much if he doesn't have time and if we can't run more consistantly.........fix the OL and you'll fix a lot of problems

what is your point??  yes they are paid professionals.....but how many times each season, wether it be professional or college football, do we see multiple, sometimes as many as 10+ head coaches get fired??? just because you are paid to do soemthing, does not make you good at what you are paid to do.  i think the coaching thus far, at least on the O. side of the ball, has been decent but i would like to see things changed a bit.  also,i never claimed to be a paid professional.  so i ask you, what is your point?  did you bring anything to the table??  thanks for your post, but i don't think you accomplished anything.  would you like to try again?

825856[/snapback]

I think if you are a caoch at the NFL level your good at what you do regardless if you get fired or not

I am so sick and tired of the offensive line being served up as the only reason JP sucks. There are a lot of bad O-lines in this league.

And JP is still one of the worst NFL qbs in the league.

Stop making excuses for him.

He has to perform better than he did today. Plain and simple.

You mean the QB coach for the 6-2 and first place Giants?  Yeah he sucks.  I wish we were 6-2 and our QB looked like his QB that he has coached for 3 years.

825926[/snapback]

The Giants may have argueably the best OLine in the league....with one of the best all around RB's.....a very good possession TE...and a very good WR corps(with a 6'4 #1 that just needs the ball thrown up vs a undersized DB to make big plays)....

Yea something tells me JP would loook pretty good in that offense....

and Manning here in Buffalo would look pretty average....

The Giants may have argueably the best OLine in the league....with one of the best all around RB's.....a very good possession TE...and a very good WR corps(with a 6'4 #1 that just needs the ball thrown up vs a undersized DB to make big plays)....

825975[/snapback]

I'd take average. <_<

I am so sick and tired of the offensive line being served up as the only reason JP sucks. There are a lot of bad O-lines in this league.

And JP is still one of the worst NFL qbs in the league.

Stop making excuses for him.

He has to perform better than he did today. Plain and simple.

825940[/snapback]

Yes he does.....but I think everyone should take a deep breath, take a chill pill & only relate what "is said" to the people who said it....not to ALL the people who support that side of the argument.

Example here(this thread) is BuffOrange talking about questioning the coaches & you HudsonValleyBillsFan pointing out "the only reason JP sucks is the OL" where as the coaching & play-calling has been clearly mentioned on this and many other threads.

Why can't the coaching/play-calls/OL/and any other excuse you want be factors to bad performance by the QB? The bad performance by the QB is certainly contributing to the crappy performance of the offence so.....why not the other way around.

I pray for the glimmer of a chance that JP is young & panicky under the enormous pressure of a rubbish OL(& offence in general) & that with a little help(just a little) he could thrive.....who doesn't hope for that? If that doesn't come about & everyone who wants to cut him now gets there way it will(more than likely) be at least 3 years before we see any daylight & possibly another decade of QB grabbing/developing/dumping/grabbing etc etc.

rocketbills made some reasonable points.....perhaps that's why he got attacked.

Yes he does.....but I think everyone should take a deep breath, take a chill pill & only relate what "is said" to the people who said it....not to ALL the people who support that side of the argument.

Example here(this thread) is BuffOrange talking about questioning the coaches & you HudsonValleyBillsFan pointing out "the only reason JP sucks is the OL" where as the coaching & play-calling has been clearly mentioned on this and many other threads.

Why can't the coaching/play-calls/OL/and any other excuse you want be factors to bad performance by the QB?  The bad performance by the QB is certainly contributing to the crappy performance of the offence so.....why not the other way around. 

I pray for the glimmer of a chance that JP is young & panicky under the enormous pressure of a rubbish OL(& offence in general) & that with a little help(just a little) he could thrive.....who doesn't hope for that?  If that doesn't come about & everyone who wants to cut him now gets there way it will(more than likely) be at least 3 years before we see any daylight & possibly another decade of QB grabbing/developing/dumping/grabbing etc etc.

825979[/snapback]

The mentality here is if the QB doesn't perform as hoped in 10 to 16 games throw him out with the trash. I've stated before that that attitude will keep us on the bottom of the league FOREVER because all college QBs need to be trained to succeed in the NFL. Easily 95% of them need more than 16 games before one can definitively say anything about them. But this is the age of instant gratification, so a year approximates infinity for a lot of the posters here, especially the ones under age 40.

Good points here.

I think there is just a fine line between being patient and just dragging it out.

With Rob Johnson, we dragged it out and we are still paying the price.

This situation is eeerily similar. Now i don't have the stats and numbers and what not to back this up. But This feels so much like Rob Johnson all over again to me.

Its just how i feel. Don't blast me for that. I'm allowed to have my opinion.

It feels like that because johnson was always just good enough to keep our hopes alive. many flashes of brilliance with him. JP was decent in the early season but he has just been horrid the last few weeks. So I have taken my deep breath and the chill pill you prescribed and I still have grave doubts about whether or not JP will be able to make it in Buffalo. That is all i kept hearing with RJ. Be patient ..

JP has to perform, and he has to perform now, or he won't finish the season.

Sorry, that is just how i feel. I truly truly hope he proves me wrong over the course of the next 3/4 weeks. But at some point, there has to be accountability.

Why can't the coaching/play-calls/OL/and any other excuse you want be factors to bad performance by the QB?  The bad performance by the QB is certainly contributing to the crappy performance of the offence so.....why not the other way around. 

I pray for the glimmer of a chance that JP is young & panicky under the enormous pressure of a rubbish OL(& offence in general) & that with a little help(just a little) he could thrive.....who doesn't hope for that?  If that doesn't come about & everyone who wants to cut him now gets there way it will(more than likely) be at least 3 years before we see any daylight & possibly another decade of QB grabbing/developing/dumping/grabbing etc etc.

825979[/snapback]

825975[/snapback]

Probably true...But I'd still take Eli in a heartbeat...And I like JP...I really do... <_<

The mentality here is if the QB doesn't perform as hoped in 10 to 16 games throw him out with the trash.  I've stated before that that attitude will keep us on the bottom of the league FOREVER because all college QBs need to be trained to succeed in the NFL.  Easily 95% of them need more than 16 games before one can definitively say anything about them.  But this is the age of instant gratification, so a year approximates infinity for a lot of the posters here, especially the ones under age 40.

826000[/snapback]

So, you no doubt think that we should go out and find the likes of Cade McNown and Akili Smith out on the street somewhere, because those guys were never "trained to be successful in the NFL?"

Cade McNown and Akili Smith each had about 15 meaningful games in two years before being abandoned.

So, I supposed that Chicago and Cincinnati are "on the bottom of the League FOREVER", because they don't develop QB's, right? Or maybe they just knew how to cut their losses....

JDG