And now....another "Macaca Moment"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a bizarre but really overplayed incident. I saw the video and the guy was obnoxious and then he was stupidly and overzealously thrown out by two staffers, one who put him in a headlock and the other who gently bodyslammed him to the ground. The most bizarre element of the entire story, however, would be Webb saying he knew nothing of the incident. That is virtually impossible. :angry:

That was a bizarre but really overplayed incident. I saw the video and the guy was obnoxious and then he was stupidly and overzealously thrown out by two staffers, one who put him in a headlock and the other who gently bodyslammed him to the ground. The most bizarre element of the entire story, however, would be Webb saying he knew nothing of the incident. That is virtually impossible. :P

823075[/snapback]

The point of the incident is basically George Allen can't stay out of trouble even when his handlers supposedly put a gag order on him. Instead his handlers have a chokehold on some guy, who pressed charges, now has put Allen in the unenviable position of having to talk to the Virginia Police less than a week before the election.

Man I couldn't write this stuff! :angry:

Yeah, I guess stifling freedom of speech in this country currently is a non-story.....sadly.

823122[/snapback]

It's a stretch to say they were stifling his freedom of speech. The guy was allowed to talk, he barged his way in, he came back for more, and then they made him leave when he went too far. Their fault was the force they used getting him out of there, when he really wasn't putting up much of a fight. If the guy Striker, however, presses charges for what they did to him, he is as big or a bigger jerk/assclown than the guys who somewhat roughed him up. It didn't hurt one bit. It wouldn't have hurt a 5 year old. It would be embarrassing to press charges on something like that. And he would be doing it just to make a name for himself, and just to be an ass, not because he suffered or suffered any pain. It's not like a punch was thrown. It was basically a one-second headlock and a dainty tackle.

It's a stretch to say they were stifling his freedom of speech. The guy was allowed to talk, he barged his way in, he came back for more, and then they made him leave when he went too far. Their fault was the force they used getting him out of there, when he really wasn't putting up much of a fight. If the guy Striker, however, presses charges for what they did to him, he is as big or a bigger jerk/assclown than the guys who somewhat roughed him up. It didn't hurt one bit. It wouldn't have hurt a 5 year old. It would be embarrassing to press charges on something like that. And he would be doing it just to make a name for himself, and just to be an ass, not because he suffered or suffered any pain. It's not like a punch was thrown. It was basically a one-second headlock and a dainty tackle.

823128[/snapback]

I wouldn't call it a stretch, I'd call it completely wrong. This guy also bragged on his blog that he was going to go disrupt the speech. He wanted this to happen and he wanted to be on TV getting kicked out of there.

I wish these retards on both sides would just stop going to speeches they don't like to make a name for themselves.

823128[/snapback]

Oh I don't doubt this guy (whose blog "calling all wingnuts" I haven't viewed) appears to be some irksome gadfly. He is after all the same guy who pushed Fox News lunatic Bill Orly to sic the dreaded "Fox News Police" on him for mentioning Olbermann's name. But here's where we part ways: I think it was a smart thing for him to press charges and extremely stupid for Allen and his crew to completely overreact to his nettlesome questions.

I mean who do you think is laughing now? Annoying lefty or Allen?

I wouldn't call it a stretch, I'd call it completely wrong.  This guy also bragged on his blog that he was going to go disrupt the speech.  He wanted this to happen and he wanted to be on TV getting kicked out of there.

I wish these retards on both sides would just stop going to speeches they don't like to make a name for themselves.

823136[/snapback]

There wasn't any speech going on when he did it. He asked somewhat reasonably legitimate questions that have already been asked by other journalists that Allen has refused to answer. I think he went too far when he mentioned the spitting on your wife allegations but he didn't make that up himself, he wasn't acting crazy, he wasn't being physical at all. He wasn't stopping Allen from going anywhere. Allen's guys were just as wrong as he was; no more, no less. He was obnoxious; they were overly physical. But they were somewhat stopping him forcibly from just asking questions. So I wouldn't call what he did completely wrong, just a stretch, and over the top, and a little too far. He had a right to be there and he had a right to ask the questions.

Oh I don't doubt this guy (whose blog "calling all wingnuts" I haven't viewed) appears to be some irksome gadfly. He is after all the same guy who pushed Fox News lunatic Bill Orly to sic the dreaded "Fox News Police" on him for mentioning Olbermann's name. But here's where we part ways: I think it was a smart thing for him to press charges and extremely stupid for Allen and his crew to completely overreact to his nettlesome questions.

I mean who do you think is laughing now? Annoying lefty or Allen?

823143[/snapback]

That's the point. He's not being genuine at all by pressing charges. He's not being honest. The thing he was demanding of Allen was for Allen to come clean and be honest. Do we not see the irony here?

That's the point. He's not being genuine at all by pressing charges. He's not being honest. The thing he was demanding of Allen was for Allen to come clean and be honest. Do we not see the irony here?

823156[/snapback]

Since when does anyone care about honesty???

823156[/snapback]

I fail to see the dishonesty. I mean if me or you were attacked by some rightwing politico's henchmen wouldn't you go to the cops?

That's that whole freedom of speech matter.

"overly physical"?!.....please correct me if I'm incorrect but viewing the tape didn't the gray haired attacker nearly put the guy's head thru a plateglass?

823170[/snapback]

No. He threw him to the ground. It was close to the glass but it's pretty clear if he wanted to throw him into the glass he could have. The point is the guy wasn't hurt. It's the difference between getting a slap in the face and getting punched in the face. A slap hurts for a second and you walk away unscathed. A punch is a fairly serious matter and something that may or may not warrant pressing charges.

I fail to see the dishonesty. I mean if me or you were attacked by some rightwing politico's henchmen wouldn't you go to the cops?

That's that whole freedom of speech matter.

823174[/snapback]

The dishonesty is he wasn't hurt. I would imagine the only charge other than denying his rights would be some sort of assault. Frankly, I'd be embarrassed if I was thrown to the ground and pressed charges for assault. They also let him pose his stupid incendiary questions, so if he wants to press charges for them denying him his rights, that is embarrassing, too. And it's dishonest, because they weren't denying him his rights. It was only after him going too far with his questions that they threw him out, and he had given them good reason, IMO, to be thrown out by then. He surely didn't expect an answer to his question, other than "no", so therefore it was all a ruse from the start. Not to mention the fact he planned to disrupt the event. Obnoxious hecklers going overboard is really not what the forefathers wanted to protect.

The dishonesty is he wasn't hurt. I would imagine the only charge other than denying his rights would be some sort of assault. Frankly, I'd be embarrassed if I was thrown to the ground and pressed charges for assault. They also let him pose his stupid incendiary questions, so if he wants to press charges for them denying him his rights, that is embarrassing, too. And it's dishonest, because they weren't denying him his rights. It was only after him going too far with his questions that they threw him out, and he had given them good reason, IMO, to be thrown out by then. He surely didn't expect an answer to his question, other than "no", so therefore it was all a ruse from the start. Not to mention the fact he planned to disrupt the event. Obnoxious hecklers going overboard is really not what the forefathers wanted to protect.

823202[/snapback]

Has anyone called you a right-wing apologist in this thread yet? :angry:

Damn......Joey makes blzrul seem like a free thinker.

823189[/snapback]

Who the hell is bruno?

And who is Joey Pasta that everybody keeps mistaking me for?

Look mac I'm just here for some friendly debate, not to rankle anybody.

If you find my ideology and theories fun and amusing fine, believe me, with the exception of maybe three or four posters here I find you all funnier than a "Macaca Moment". :angry: