Seven game take on the season so far

BobbyC81

If you told me before the season that the Bills would be 2-5 at this point, I would have guessed the 2 wins were at home vs the Jets and the game AT Detroit.

Since the Dolphins were expected to be very good, I counted that as a loss, along with the 2 New England games. Chicago was a no-brainer. Minnesota was coming off a 9-7 season so a victory, even at home, wasn't likely.

Instead, it turned out to be wins vs the Dolphins and Vikes and disappointing losses vs the Jets and Lions.

So, let's take a look at the rest of the schedule. I see strong chances for wins against Green Bay, Miami at home in December (Woohoo!!), Tennessee and the Texans.

I also give the Bills somewhat of a chance vs the Jets, even on the road.

So, they aren't likely to win all of the 4 games with the best chance of winning (maybe 3 ??).

I say we're looking at a probable 5-11 record, which is about what many people predicted, whereas some of us optimists were thinking 7-9 or even playoffs (as Jim Mora said: "PLAYOFFS??!!!")

I guess with all the changes, 5-11 shouldn't be disappointing, but I think it would be. That would mean no improvement over the Bills' 2005 record, despite a new head coach and staff that have seemd to have it "more together" than the prior staff, a promising rookie class, and an improvement by JP Losman.

I guess it's not too early to start looking for mock drafts.

5-11 would be an improvement if you look at the changes made. Marv cleaned house of alot of decent veterans and brought in alot of young unproven players and played a bunch of rookies at various positions. So tying last years record would show that they are atleast on the right track. If Marv kept the team the same (same coaches, same vets) and the team ended the season 5-11, yes it would be disapointing becasue they should of had a better record. The team has a whole new coaching staff with differnt schemes and plays, and a bunch of new players so anything around what we had last year record wise would be an improvement