We should consider trade Clements & Henry

jahbonas

These 2 guys should look to be traded before the deadline....mostly for 2 reasons:

1) Both have depth behind them 2) Both play dumb football

Every team needs to take advantage of cheaper quality talent on their roster..right now the Bills have that in defensive backfield with the progress of Mcghee and Kevin Thomas and the surprising additions of Greer & Baker.

Mcghee stepped in under Vincent last week and did just fine...

umb players like henry & Clemens tease you with their talent...but in the end kill you with their mistakes....Clemens not batting the ball away in game 1...Henry missing assignments...

Trade them while they still have value and replace them with smart steady players

Greenbay just traded mckenzie CB for a #2 and a backup QB

Playoff teams that take an injury at CB or RB will be looking to trade before the deadline...

These 2 guys should look to be traded before the deadline....mostly for 2 reasons:

1) Both have depth behind them  2) Both play dumb football

Every team needs to take advantage of cheaper quality talent on their roster..right now the Bills have that in defensive backfield with the progress of Mcghee and Kevin Thomas and the surprising additions of Greer & Baker.

umb players like henry & Clemens tease you with their talent...but in the end kill you with their mistakes....Clemens not batting the ball away in game 1...Henry missing assignments...

Trade them while they still have value and  replace them with smart steady players

Playoff teams that take an injury at CB or RB will be looking to trade before the deadline...

59056[/snapback]

Okay...let's assume you are right. What would anyone trade for two guys who play "dumb football?" I can't imagine we would even get a 6th or 7th round draft choice for both of them if that is the case.

mcgee looked like an idiot out there. he got burned 2 or 3 times. he's got some lessons to learn and unfortunately he's learning them the hard way.

59080[/snapback]

The draft guide folks back then said he's best as a safety, not a cornerback. IIRC, he was switched to CB in his last college year, and didn't do so well. His return skills were highly praised.

1) Both have depth behind them  2) Both play dumb football

Trade them while they still have value and  replace them with smart steady players

59056[/snapback]

He got LIT UP! Are you serious?

The draft guide folks back then said he's best as a safety, not a cornerback.  IIRC, he was switched to CB in his last college year, and didn't do so well.  His return skills were highly praised.

59195[/snapback]

well, we could always use a better free safety. think mcgee wants the job? :D

Ok, I wish people would stop making assinine suggestions like "lets trade our offense for the Rams kicker and their next 7 first rounders". Trading Clements and Henry is just completely unrealistic, if not just plain stupid. The way the NFL works these days it's difficult to pull off trades where both sides get acceptable deals. With that said, Clements bats that 1 ball down and all of the sudden he's the hero of the week around here.

Theres a week between NFL games, and whilc I wish most of us fans would use it to get our collective heads on straight, most of us just spend it worrying and speculating about stupid bullstevestojan.

ESPN.com: "Relax, they're gonna be a good team"

random TBDer: "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!"

Ok, I wish people would stop making assinine suggestions like "lets trade our offense for the Rams kicker and their next 7 first rounders".  Trading Clements and Henry is just completely unrealistic, if not just plain stupid.  The way the NFL works these days it's difficult to pull off trades where both sides get acceptable deals.  With that said, Clements bats that 1 ball down and all of the sudden he's the hero of the week around here. 

Theres a week between NFL games, and whilc I wish most of us fans would use it to get our collective heads on straight, most of us just spend it worrying and speculating about stupid bullstevestojan.

ESPN.com: "Relax, they're gonna be a good team"

random TBDer: "DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!"

59257[/snapback]

61760[/snapback]

Where is trading a CB like Clements unrealistic????

Greenbay just traded CB Mckenzie CB for a #2 and a backup QB to the Saints

I;m not saying trade Henry & Clements in a package...I'm saying both should be considered trade bait because they both still have a full year under contract (making them attractive to a future team) and we have quality depth behind each one (making it acceptable for the Bills)...

You tell me how likely it is that we re-sign Nate Clements next year???

Trading a Clements or Henry will alow the build to save salary cap and gain a draft pick that will help areas in greater need like Offensive Line