Anyone catch Irvin's comments on ESPN?

Heitz

He did a nice job of handing the situation, basically saying he's a journalist (and something about some Super Bowl rings) and he's paid to give his opinion.

Tiki comes off looking a little thin skinned, especially for a guy that's supposedly going into news / political / sports broadcasting...

I disagree, Irvin came off looking like a punk, as usual. By continuing this it only makes him look worse. ESPN is obviously endorsing this, cause why else would they give that crack smoking punk time to respond to a response. What is this !@#$ing high school???

When he brought up his Super Bowls, it only proves my point more. I hope he never makes it to the HOF, !@#$ing punk.

Tiki is a class act in my book, and his brother. Take a look at what Irvin has done off the field, and compare it to Tiki. Irvin should be in jail, !@#$ him and his short tie.

<rant over>

!@#$ HIM!!!

(rant over again :lol: )

I hear ya about the Super Bowls, I could only roll my eyes - great Irvin ranting about how great he is. A chump for sure.

But in the end, I had to agree with what he said. He was on some great teams and won Super Bowls and because of that ESPN pays him to give his opinion on the league. If he felt Tiki was a distraction, so be it, it was his *opinion*...

Tiki is a class guy though; I guess it's just interesting to see this type of stuff played out in the media.

I disagree, Irvin came off looking like a punk, as usual. By continuing this it only makes him look worse. ESPN is obviously endorsing this, cause why else would they give that crack smoking punk time to respond to a response. What is this !@#$ing high school???

When he brought up his Super Bowls, it only  proves my point more. I hope he never makes it to the HOF, !@#$ing punk.

Tiki is a class act in my book, and his brother. Take a look at what Irvin has done off the field, and compare it to Tiki. Irvin should be in jail, !@#$ him and his short tie.

<rant over>

!@#$ HIM!!!

(rant over again :lol: )

819602[/snapback]

I agree with this inconfident heterosexual

I think people are arguing two separate issues. I don't think anyone questions that he is paid to give an opinion or that he has the "right" to say what he wants. Both of those things are fine in my opinion. The issue was that (as usual) he said something stupid. He has the right to say that, just as Tiki has a right to respond. I criticzed him just as I criticize Joe Theisman when he opens his mouth and mumbles something idiotic.

He can give his opinion, but his opinion sucks.