PFW: Q&A with Dick Jauron

EC-Bills

You really have to like the guy. Most of us knew at the begining of the season what he is saying now was true, I think that we all got a false sense of how good the team was going to be because the team looked better than expected in the first couple of games. Unfortunatly, the Bills are now starting to look like most of us thought they would at the begining, and that is a rebuilding team with a new quarterback and a new system.

Give it some time, I really think this is the right coach...he just needs time and the right players to make it what we all hope for.

You really have to like the guy. Most of us knew at the begining of the season what he is saying now was true, I think that we all got a false sense of how good the team was going to be because the team looked better than expected in the first couple of games. Unfortunatly, the Bills are now starting to look like most of us thought they would at the begining, and that is a rebuilding team with a new quarterback and a new system.

Give it some time, I really think this is the right coach...he just needs time and the right players to make it what we all hope for.

819370[/snapback]

They are what we thought they were.

>>>>>PFW: Talk about your relationship with Marv Levy.

Jauron: I feel very lucky to be around him. He’s a Hall of Fame football coach, a tremendous person, an incredibly valuable asset in any organization. But to have him as your general manager, and to have him have all that coaching experience, you feel very comfortable talking to him about any situation because he’s probably been in it, and he’s got a view on it, and he’ll give you his opinion. And his opinion is very valued by all of us.<<<<<

As a fan, I feel a lot less "lucky."

Should it strike any of us as odd that no other team was willing to give Levy a job as a GM, or as a head coach (which is what he wanted)?

It appears to me that Jauron (who was not about to be hired as a head coach by any other team) is no less of a lackey to Levy that was MM to Donahoe. Free agency wasn't so great, and the draft was a disaster; this from the 8th slot. Marv hit the ground running and continued his stupid, losing tradition of drafting defensive backs at any and all costs. Jauron, lucky to have a job, was probably fanning the flames of this idiocy. He seems like a nice guy, but imo he is the Babba Booey Flunky of the NFL.

I wonder what it will take for the Levy Love to fade. This team is hurting, and he already traded away 1 07 draft pick. If this continues, and he drafts another slew of defensive backs, will Bills Fans continue to be pleased with dear old Marv?

I for one don't know where this will end, but it looks bad. If we pick in the top 10 and Marv brings us a first round corner and a few more DBs, will this be enough for Bills fans to question the competence of our GM?

If this season doesn't turn around, how long should we continue on with this strange situation?

We shall find out if Marv has gotten wiser Bill. The draft has OTs like Thomas, Baker, and Long, DTs Pitcock and Branch. We better land one of em'. If we want another corner, sign Will Peterson right now as insurance for Clements. He has been training for a comeback and it sure wouldn't hurt.