Laptops can be confiscated at US/Canada border

Fezmid

This is interesting, I had no idea.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/24/business...gin&oref=slogin

Constitution be damned, we :doh:  have to protect our borders!  :huh:

816391[/snapback]

We're in tough times, Fez.

The folks who are currently screaming and wringing their hands about steps being taken, will be positively shrill with vile accusations that enough wasn't done beforehand.

Bet on it...

We're in tough times, Fez.

The folks who are currently screaming and wringing their hands about steps being taken, will be positively shrill with vile accusations that enough wasn't done beforehand.

Bet on it...

817637[/snapback]

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Ben Franklin

I'm shocked at how many people just willingly accept this crap. Cross the border and any INDIVIDUAL can take your personal belongings WITH NO REASON and keep them INDEFINATELY and we're ok with this as a society because "we're in tough times?" That's bullstojan. :doh::huh:

CW

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." - Ben Franklin

I'm shocked at how many people just willingly accept this crap.  Cross the border and any INDIVIDUAL can take your personal belongings WITH NO REASON and keep them INDEFINATELY and we're ok with this as a society because "we're in tough times?"  That's bullstojan.  <_<  :angry:

CW

817657[/snapback]

I'm really pissed off about crap like this.

If only we had leaders today anywhere near as intelligent as Ben Franklin. Most of our leaders don't even read books. They don't even read books!

Holy crap, what the hell is going on around here? We are being led by morons!

I'm shocked at how many people just willingly accept this crap.  Cross the border and any INDIVIDUAL can take your personal belongings WITH NO REASON and keep them INDEFINATELY and we're ok with this as a society because "we're in tough times?"  That's bullstojan.  <_<  :angry:

CW

817657[/snapback]

Well, years ago when I traveled overseas, getting US Customs approval for equipment, cameras and the like was commonplace.

Yes, I have read that quote - a long, long time ago, and I understand it. I'm a big fan of Franklin...his autobiography is a must-read. However, in Franklin's time, the ancient hatreds weren't armed with today's modern capabilities to kill.

"I'm shocked at how many people just willingly accept this crap." - they also willingly accept drug testing and background checks by private and public sector alike, and I don't see them rioting in the streets about DUI checkpoints, or getting into a tizzy when police department members show up on tv with military rank insignia on their collars...

Just remember, don't be one of those admonishers when the sh*t hits the fan... :)

I'm really pissed off about crap like this.

If only we had leaders today anywhere near as intelligent as Ben Franklin.  Most of our leaders don't even read books.  They don't even read books!

Holy crap, what the hell is going on around here?  We are being led by morons!

817679[/snapback]

Can W even read?

I don't know, can Kerry?  After all JK had a lower SAT and lower GPA from the same school.

817708[/snapback]

I'm not sure about that either.

What i do know is that i cant tell you a single good thingthing any florida politician has ever done or is going to do. What i can tell you is every single bad thing the other guy has done, like how the time he skipped math class in 8th grade has caused him to be a sh------- congressman and a horrible person.

Can W even read?

817703[/snapback]

OF course he can, didn't you watch Ferenheit 911 when they show you him reading the book to the elementary school kids when the planes hit.

Say what you will about him, but he did get voted in for a second term by the American public. Don't if that says much about him or JK

Any of you guys seen the film "American Dreamz"? I thought it was just okay, but Dennis Quaid does a hilarious job playing a quasi-W. He would bust out a facial expression that would have me in stitches....too bad the rest of the film was just average at best.

Any of you guys seen the film "American Dreamz"? I thought it was just okay, but Dennis Quaid does a hilarious job playing a quasi-W. He would bust out a facial expression that would have me in stitches....too bad the rest of the film was just average at best.

818762[/snapback]

Yeah, I rented that last week. William Defoe, was cheif of staff, but looked like Cheney. Some of it was pretty funny.

And, Mandy Moore looked pretty chunky. :P

Yeah, I rented that last week. William Defoe, was cheif of staff, but looked like Cheney. Some of it was pretty funny.

And, Mandy Moore looked pretty chunky. 0:)

818765[/snapback]

Yeah, it had it's moments....I thought there were a lot of good scenes in the end during the broadcast of the show. The terrorists in the audience had a couple of really funny scenes.

Mandy did have a few extra on here, but I kinda liked it :P Well, until she hooked up with Hugh Grant...thank God we didn't have to actually SEE any of that :vomit:

And, Mandy Moore looked pretty chunky. 0:)

818765[/snapback]

Mandy did have a few extra on here, but I kinda liked it  :P  Well, until she hooked up with Hugh Grant...thank God we didn't have to actually SEE any of that :vomit:

818777[/snapback]

Once SnR takes care of Mr. Grant, the target is going to be painted directly on the chest of you 2.