If the Bills had taken Leinart with that pick ...

We'd still be watching a project QB that may be good in 3 years. We would also be paying 12M/yr for the QB position for two QBs that arguably will never be great in the NFL.

He lost two games in two weeks when he was given 11 turnovers to work with!!! That is pretty bad--- and he lost to Oakland. Arizona was by far the best fit for him (proximity to California, weather, very good WRs) and he still is a marginal QB. Buffalo is not a good fit for a guy living his entire life in California and who enjoys the glam life.

If history had been written a little differently this spring ... If the Bills had selected Matt Leinart in the first round ... How many of us on that fateful afternoon would have yelled at the TV, "Morons!!! Idiots! They should've taken Whitner!!!" (*sigh*) It's gotten so bad that ESPN actually had a "news snippet" on SportCenter last night reporting that the Bills were NOT benching Losman. (*sigh*) You couldn't make this stuff up. It reminded me of the time a player held a press conference to declare that hew was NOT gay. If something not happening is "news," then there's something else going on... I am announcing in a televised news conference later today that I am NOT burning the remainder of my season tickets.

816354[/snapback]

Even with Leinart being a stud elsewhere (which it is still yet to be seen if he is a true stud (we'll see in 3 years for real in terms of assessment( my sense is that this would have been a horrible waste of resources to take him.

In addition to the hole at SS left on our roster, we'd have two QBs in need of develiopment on our roster and such a pick would likely condemn us to at least 2 year if not 3 of losing.

Picking Leinart simply makes little sense on the face of it.

If the Bills had drafted Leinart...they'd still be no better than 2-5, if even that.

816379[/snapback]

You may well be right about this year's record. On the other hand, you could make the case this year's record doesn't matter much, because this year's Bills team isn't destined for the Super Bowl anyway.

In building for the future, would Leinart or Cutler represent a significant upgrade over Losman? It's way too early to tell, but fun to speculate.

You may well be right about this year's record. On the other hand, you could make the case this year's record doesn't matter much, because this year's Bills team isn't destined for the Super Bowl anyway.

In building for the future, would Leinart or Cutler represent a significant upgrade over Losman? It's way too early to tell, but fun to speculate.

819426[/snapback]

No it isn't - unless you're the sort that enjoys pulling the wings off of live flies.