Trade I'm considering...

bartshan-83

I'm 6-1 and in 1st place in our league (10 team league), but my roster is devoid of any "breakout" players (except Steve Smith). Everyone is solid every week and I have loads of depth...I just feel like I might want to make a move for another gamebreaker. Now that LT, LJ, etc. are getting on track, a few other teams are outscoring me each week.

Trade I'm thinking about:

I'm offering Frank Gore and Donald Driver for Brian Westbrook.

In our league, catches count as a point so pass-catching RBs are gold. Start 2 RBs, 3 WR/TE.

My WRs/RBs

Edge (My first rounder...yeah)

Gore

Reggie Bush

Steve Smith

Donald Driver

Kellen Winslow

Alge Crumpler

Shockey

So I feel like I can absorb the hit of losing my #2 WR since I am deep there. Driver is averaging 15.3 Gore 18.2 and Westbrook 22.5. (He also has LJ who is averaging 27).

What say you?

Uhm, do you only have 2 WRs, but 3 TEs?

815946[/snapback]

Yeah WRs went early this year, I got Smith and Driver and by the time I went for a third, guys like Peerless were left. No worries though, Winslow is solid, Shockey is coming around and Crumpler, while erratic, is Vick's only threat and can pay off serious dividends (this week).

Yeah WRs went early this year, I got Smith and Driver and by the time I went for a third, guys like Peerless were left.  No worries though, Winslow is solid, Shockey is coming around and Crumpler, while erratic, is Vick's only threat and can pay off serious dividends (this week).

815954[/snapback]

I dunno man, I'd love to have a Westbrook, but he's been having nagging injuries (and Driver's been pretty good the past few weeks). Not to mention starting 2 TEs each week seems bad.

Gore has been a top 10 RB this year so far, and Driver's a top 15 WR. You're trading Gore (~18pts a game) and Driver (~15 pts a game) for Westbrook (~25 pts a game) and your #2 TE (~10 pts a game). That's 33 pts you're giving up for 35 pts a week on average.

However, since TE's aren't very consistent, and Westbrook has nagging injuries, I don't know if I would make that move. Westbrook goes down and ur fked.

Can you get a WR back who isn't as good as Driver but is better then a TE?

I dunno man, I'd love to have a Westbrook, but he's been having nagging injuries (and Driver's been pretty good the past few weeks).  Not to mention starting 2 TEs each week seems bad.

Gore has been a top 10 RB this year so far, and Driver's a top 15 WR.  You're trading Gore (~18pts a game) and Driver (~15 pts a game) for Westbrook (~25 pts a game) and your #2 TE (~10 pts a game).  That's 33 pts you're giving up for 35 pts a week on average.

However, since TE's aren't very consistent, and Westbrook has nagging injuries, I don't know if I would make that move.  Westbrook goes down and ur fked.

Can you get a WR back who isn't as good as Driver but is better then a TE?

816036[/snapback]

Yeah I see your points and I did the break down as well. I guess I just see how the winners of these leagues each year are the guys who have that one (or more) player who has a monster game in the last week. Teams that are steady and consistent (like mine) will beat that type of team 3 out of 4 times, but in the playoffs I will probably have to play 3 teams with a gamebreaker and I don't like my odds of surviving.

I guess I feel its better to gamble a bit. But I feel you on Westbrook's injury problems. That is one of my concerns.

You think I could pry LJ away from him?

Yeah I see your points and I did the break down as well.  I guess I just see how the winners of these leagues each year are the guys who have that one (or more) player who has a monster game in the last week.  Teams that are steady and consistent (like mine) will beat that type of team 3 out of 4 times, but in the playoffs I will probably have to play 3 teams with a gamebreaker and I don't like my odds of surviving.

I guess I feel its better to gamble a bit.  But I feel you on Westbrook's injury problems.  That is one of my concerns.

You think I could pry LJ away from him?

816253[/snapback]

I would make the trade. Driver is going to see a lot more double coverage with Jennings hurt. Gore is good, but is the perfect sell high candidate. He is one more fumble away from losing all his goal line carries. It's a risk with Westbrook's health, but if he can remain healthy, he is dangerous.

I would make the trade.  Driver is going to see a lot more double coverage with Jennings hurt.  Gore is good, but is the perfect sell high candidate.  He is one more fumble away from losing all his goal line carries.  It's a risk with Westbrook's health, but if he can remain healthy, he is dangerous.

816947[/snapback]

Agreed...but get another WR in there somewhere....1 TE is ok (Crumpler or Shockey..leaning toward Crumpler)...try to get rid of Shockey/Winslow for a #2 Wr if possible.....just my 2 cents...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.