I posted this on the Bills.com Board....

Reed83HOF

Why can't you post it here also, so we don't need to create an ID and log in to read it?

814112[/snapback]

Because I was too lazy to do that....so...

Here it is...

I posted a few times in disgust yesterday and last night....after some rest and more thought over this terrible team that I love so much.....

This team is no different than the last 7 years since the Titans playoff game....we have not had a decent coach since Marv...Wade killed the Bills with RJ and DF and divded a good team...TD, GW, & MM...enough said there...too many good players lost, not so many good players drafted or signed..oh yeah...and a total lack of direction

that leads us to DJ and his staff...

They are forcing a 4-3 defense into a Cover no one...I personally prefer a 3-4 D, which would have been a much easier switch...Our CBs cannot play in a cover 2 D...Clements hasn't played great in a couple of years, but he is getting worse...some is his attitude and inabiliity to tackle...Antwain was sooo much better..McGee is a good corner, but blows in this D...We can't tackle...yesterday was an improvement from the Detriot and Chicago games...Schobel on a TE...Fletcher can't drop into coverage...just rush Schobel every down...he can pin his ears back and rush...We need at least 1 fat DT to stop the run

Kelsay is a *****...how could a coach not yell at him on the sidelines? Flectcher said he knew it was a penalty and that the league went over that with teams - where was Chris during those sessions? If TKO or Fletcher is a leader on this team - why did they not say something to him?

The offense...I have no idea what we want to do with it...Oline can't block...the only time JP plays a good game is when he isn't hurried, sacked or knocked down....once he is rattled, he plays like RJ...running and praying for his life...he has more heart than RJ...The WRs are never open when JP has time...I have been saying this for a few weeks...I am sick of "Coverage Sacks"...even other crappy teams have WRs that know how to get open...our TEs are only used for clocking and can't get off their blocks to be viable targets....we have the 5 OL and a TE and an FB and RB blocking a 4 man rush and the QB will have no more than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball....whoever the RB, he has 0 chance of being successful...Willis is lucky to do what he is doing...the playcalling....how about crossing routes over the middle? quick slants? I know that we have the speed to be able to hit them...I always thought the Rams passed the ball the last few years all over the field and used other formations than a max protect I (That doesn't protect)?

The Special Teams falling apart is do to the lack of concetration the players are placing on it...the players are too busy thinking about the plays they just blew that caused Mormon or Lindell to go on the field....sadly...these are the same players that can't tackle...

I'm glad I didn't make a trip for this game (and for the record I go to 2-3 games a season for the last 20yrs), but on TV they showed the players ( TKO and Flecth most notably) just sitting on the bench with a puss on their face....The Oline same thing

If JK was getting tossed around like a rag doll back there - would he not be in his teammates faces? If a member of the D planted a QB sitting indian style on the ground - would Bruce, Darryl, Henry, Biscuit not say anything? If a QB made a poor pass - Would Lofton, Andre, Eric not open thie mouth? If TT had no holes to run through or on x down & 1-2 and the oline gets no push or is blown back at the time of the snap - would he have said soemthing? Would Marv tolerate his players sitting on the bench - showing no emotion, no fire or will to win? Would Marv have let Kelsay return to the bench without saying anything?

This is the same team that has sucked for 7 season, hasn't had an oline in like 10 yrs - that was uanable to give any QB the ability to develop - I remember in 95 & 96 fans calling for Collins over JK - Why you ask? The oline started sucking then and has never been addressed....sunsequently...we haven't had a good offense since the K-gun...think about this....have we?

We focused on building a great D...which we had until GW and TD tore it apart....In 2003 through last season...it was rebuilt and good...then TD let the good players go and left us with mostly crap and a couple of good players...now we have coaches who are trying to run a scheme that the remaining players are unable to succeed in...

you will see a lot of player turnover the next two seasons...The only remaining players I can see staying are Evans, Mormon, Lindell, Crowell, Schobel, Willis, Reed, Parrish and our 2006 draft...Clements forget about him...Fletch's replacement is Ellison...McGee not in a Cover 2...

JP there are thigns I like and things I don't like...Walsh and Holmgren say it takes about 20 starts to see if a QB has it...they have had success with QBs so I would take their advice....a bad oline can kill a young QB....it happened to TC, RJ, DF, and JP...before we think about getting another QB...fix the line, give the some WRs and a RB and then he will have a shot at not being a nervous mess once the ball is snapped....It has been proven time and time again in this league...nothing can kill a young QB like a terrible O line...

Our best case scenario is that it will take atleast 3 years to sort through JBs, TDs, GWs, MMs mess...I think everyone was fooled...look at RWs comments there is no talent...less than he thought...less than Marv thought..less than everyone thought...(Sorry for the spelling)

here are some of the comments...

1.) denniswf:

See this post over on another board: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=54027

This is a great post about how you rebuild.

2.) As you asked, where is the "veteran leadership"? There in lay the BIGGEST problem. Without that leadership, this team cannot form any identity. Jauron talkes about "identity" but a lot less often over the three game embarrassment streak.

Marv and Jauron were face with a no win situation from the start. How in earth can you go from a pile of "me" players to a T-E-A-M lockerroom in less than one year? You can't, because of the players "rights" and the cap.

Next year will see more changes, yes, I would have to say that the UFAs will most likely be bypassed, and some of the other "veterans" will be cut as well.

Just remember, this IS a rebuilding team and most people knew it.

I only hope they realize they NEED better talent than 3rd teir FAs on the o-line. This is what NEEDS to be addressed ASAP.

3.) The simple answer....there IS NO LEADERSHIP. Not from JP, not from Evans, not from TKO, not from Fletch, or Villarial, or ANYONE. Not from the coaches either, obviously. This bye week comes at a critical time...what will we see on the field against the Packers...the Buffalo Bills, or some sad joke masquerading as them? I have an increasingly sinking feeling that we'll once again see the latter...

4.) It was on the Patriots side of the field.

5.) I am a die hard fan of the Bills, but I also like the Steelers. I was thinking during the Bills game, can you imagine what Bill Cowher would do if he were coach of the Bills? OMG, Kelsay would still be getting screamed at by Bill! That is where I think the leadership needs to start, HEAD COACH. I want a coach in here that will grab a guys facemask and give them a 5 minute verbal thrashing! A coach who actually lets his point be known and makes the players accountable. Before the KC game, I read in Sports Illastrated that Coach Cower was unhappy with the way practice was going, so he called the team together, gave them a lecture and started practice ALL OVER AGAIN! They were half way done at the point he started all over again.