Why Merz?

hootie1

It seems odd to me that with Tutan Reyes out, they used Merz instead of the more experienced Preston. Anyone know what's up with this? I am not awre of Preston being injured. Nor am I awre that Presotn sucked or something when filling in for Vilarial in past..

I think Preston typically plays more RG & C. Possibly w/ Fowler iffy, he spent more time practicing at C so they gave Merz the LG pos?

Just as an aside, I did see Preston on the field at one time. I couldn't tell what pos he was playing though &/or who was missing.

I think Preston typically plays more RG & C.  Possibly w/ Fowler iffy, he spent more time practicing at C so they gave Merz the LG pos?

Just as an aside, I did see Preston on the field at one time.  I couldn't tell what pos he was playing though &/or who was missing.

813245[/snapback]

You're correct. Duke practiced at C this week, hence Merz. Duke was also doing his normal part of giving CV a breather.

It seems odd to me that with Tutan Reyes out, they used Merz instead of the more experienced Preston. Anyone know what's up with this? I am not awre of Preston being injured. Nor am I awre that Presotn sucked or something when filling in for Vilarial in past..

813161[/snapback]

He comes highly recommended by Ethel.

813161[/snapback]

I thought Merz was alright today in his first start in the NFL. He gave up one sack that he just got beat but for the most part I thought that he held his own.