JP Losman

Mikie2times

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One game?  Hell the guy has been in the league for 12 years!

And let's play "what if" and start Holcomb, and he leads the Bills to 4 more wins, giving the Bills a 6-10 record.  What good does THAT do?

813242[/snapback]

Again, I don't want Holcomb starting. What do you not understand? And if he won 4 out of the last 9 games, it probably mean we need 2 new QB's next year. :doh:

Again, I don't want Holcomb starting.  What do you not understand?  And if he won 4  out of the last 9 games, it probably mean we need 2 new QB's next year.  :doh:

You want Nall starting? He couldn't even show enough for GB to avoid drafting a QB, keeping him on the roster, and beat out JP in training camp.

And at best I'd say Holcomb could lead the Bills to 4 wins. But I doubt it would even be that much. He'd get killed behind this O-line, especially with a rookie protecting him. And as Dierdork was saying, there were a lot of plays were NO ONE was open.

You want Nall starting?  He couldn't even show enough for GB to avoid drafting a QB, keeping him on the roster, and beat out JP in training camp.

And at best I'd say Holcomb could lead the Bills to 4 wins.  But I doubt it would even be that much.  He'd get killed behind this O-line, especially with a rookie protecting him.  And as Dierdork was saying, there were a lot of plays were NO ONE was open.

813260[/snapback]

Did I say that either? NO. But Nall also missed half of training camp with injuries.

Did I say that either?  NO.  But Nall also missed half of training camp with injuries.

So WHO do you want, if not JP then? Abd Nall hadn't shown much, by his own admission, before getting hurt. I think he had one (relative to his previous performances) good day and then he got injured right after.

And I think Leinart's shown (or not show as the case may be) enough to realize that he's not exactly the savior everyone was predicting. But I'd LOVE to have his WR's and RB.

So WHO do you want, if not JP then?  Abd Nall hadn't shown much, by his own admission, before getting hurt.  I think he had one (relative to his previous performances) good day and then he got injured right after.

And I think Leinart's shown (or not show as the case may be) enough to realize that he's not exactly the savior everyone was predicting.  But I'd LOVE to have his WR's and RB.

813278[/snapback]

I don't know, and that's what troubles me the most. And no I am not one of those that believes we should rewrite history and dream that we drafted Leinart or Cutler and still had Whitner.

J.P. Losman should NOT be cut or demoted..... until the end of the season.

We need to give the guy the entire season like we said we would. Otherwise we're no better off than we were when Mularkey was playing musical QB's. Even if it means we lose every game from here on out.

If you pull him now, he's done. That's it. We'd be washing our hands of him. I don't know that we should do that in the middle of a season. Let's ride this one out like we said we would.

....... then draft Brady Quinn  :doh:

813044[/snapback]

I am in complete agreement. I'm am very disappointed with his last couple games, and he needs to improve a lot, but trying to make a decision before the season is even halfway over is crazy. Unless you really think Nall is the answer, JP needs to get all 16 starts, ups and downs included. And if you really think Nall is the answer, he should have been the guy out of camp.

This team has a lot of other issues, the biggest being the O-Line. I really hope JP can recover from his rough stretch continue to build on some of the positives from earlier in the season, and we don't have to use our off season resources (Draft or FA) on a QB and take another step backwards.

In my judgment he can salvage the season and become a good NFL QB, and for the sake of the Bills I really hope so. He has had a bad couple weeks for a not so good team, but I'm still encouraged by the positives he has shown (including a completion % of over 60%), and think he will be able to get back on track and grow over the next 9 games, and we can go into this winter without a question mark at QB, with all of our young players with a learning year under their belt, and devoting all of our resources to improving other critical areas.

I see two possible reasons for why Losman's performance has gotten worse lately. On the one hand, you could argue that if you're learning something new, there will be ups and downs, good days and bad days. Maybe it's that. But maybe the problem is that defensive coordinators are becoming more familiar with the Buffalo version of the Fairchild offense, and are therefore better able to expose Losman's flaws. If Losman continues to struggle over the next few weeks, it's will be a strong signal the Bills should be looking for a QB this coming offseason. Unless, of course, they like what they see in Nall.

I see two possible reasons for why Losman's performance has gotten worse lately. On the one hand, you could argue that if you're learning something new, there will be ups and downs, good days and bad days. Maybe it's that. But maybe the problem is that defensive coordinators are becoming more familiar with the Buffalo version of the Fairchild offense, and are therefore better able to expose Losman's flaws. If Losman continues to struggle over the next few weeks, it's will be a strong signal the Bills should be looking for a QB this coming offseason. Unless, of course, they like what they see in Nall.

Good coaching also changes things to minimize a player's weaknesses. So far I've been unimpressed with the offensive coaching staff's ability to do this, as well as make adjustments. Maybe as you said it's the newness of the system and the coaches being unfamiliar with the players.

If we has a decent o-line, our quarterback problems would go away. Losman has potential but when he is running for his life, getting blind sided because the opposition is unblocked and we struggle to get yards on the ground consistently, we have the same probles we've had for several years. A new QB would not fare any better, not even Montana, Elway, Marino or Kelly in their prime.

813315[/snapback]

JP is fine. I repeat JP is fine. It's the OL and play calling that blows !

Good coaching also changes things to minimize a player's weaknesses.  So far I've been unimpressed with the offensive coaching staff's ability to do this, as well as make adjustments.  Maybe as you said it's the newness of the system and the coaches being unfamiliar with the players.

813345[/snapback]

Do you blame the coaching staff for the umpire-fumble? Or for Losman's interception? Or his tendency to stare down receivers? Or the fact he overthrew a WR who was wide open deep down the field?

Losman's already on his second offensive coaching staff. How many offensive coaching staffs do you think the Bills should fire before concluding coaching may not be the problem?

Sigh.

Schaub would cost a first rounder in a trade with Atlanta.  And Brady Quinn just isn't that good.  If Drew Stanton fell to the second round, I MIGHT consider that but there is no QB worth taking in the first round this year.

813549[/snapback]

I'd consider Schaub for a first rounder. I agree with you on Mr. Quinn. Stanton is good, and Troy Smith has been impressing me more over the past few weeks.