General Pace is a good American

The top US general defended the leadership of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, saying it is inspired by God.

"He leads in a way that the good Lord tells him is best for our country," said Marine General Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Rumsfeld is "a man whose patriotism focus, energy, drive, is exceeded by no one else I know ... quite simply, he works harder than anybody else in our building," Pace said at a ceremony at the Southern Command (Southcom) in Miami.

And look at the picture of these two patriots together, I'm putting it on my file cabinet to look at every morning. Isn't it refreshing to see a military leader admit that God has a place in our decision making?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/20102006/323/phot...d-rumsfeld.html

The top US general defended the leadership of Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, saying it is inspired by God.

"He leads in a way that the good Lord tells him is best for our country," said Marine General Peter Pace, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

Rumsfeld is "a man whose patriotism focus, energy, drive, is exceeded by no one else I know ... quite simply, he works harder than anybody else in our building," Pace said at a ceremony at the Southern Command (Southcom) in Miami.

And look at the picture of these two patriots together, I'm putting it on my file cabinet to look at every morning. Isn't it refreshing to see a military leader admit that God has a place in our decision making?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/20102006/323/phot...d-rumsfeld.html

810997[/snapback]

Whoop-de-!@#$ing-do.

Anyone can find someone that supports their point of view.

Doesn't mean said "anyone" has any understanding of a topic, though.  That's why both catchescannonballs and you are jokes...

811226[/snapback]

You can toss in true_blue_bill for the trifecta.

Anyone can find someone that supports their point of view.

Doesn't mean said "anyone" has any understanding of a topic, though.  That's why both catchescannonballs and you are jokes...

811226[/snapback]

I would tend to believe one of the top ranking generals in Iraq when he says the "current strategy in Iraq isn't working." But, hey, "I'm a joker, and a toker, and midnight smoker...."

I would tend to believe one of the top ranking generals in Iraq when he says the "current strategy in Iraq isn't working."  But, hey, "I'm a joker, and a toker, and midnight smoker...."

811283[/snapback]

Then at least do yourself a favor and go to the actual briefing and not the Washingotn Posts edited version:

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/comsite5/bi...d=0286-16013253

Here is what he actually said. Pretty neat how the post took the one statement and said we are failing:

Again, to keep the situation in Baghdad in some perspective, I must realistically note that while the last days have been tough, we have not witnessed that reduction in violence one would have hoped for in a perfect world, but there have been some successes.

I would tend to believe one of the top ranking generals in Iraq when he says the "current strategy in Iraq isn't working."  But, hey, "I'm a joker, and a toker, and midnight smoker...."

811283[/snapback]

Some people believe generals without question...some believe presidents.

Either way, it saves you the trouble of having to know anything. Hell, it even saves you the trouble of having to form your own opinion...you'll just borrow someone else's, as long as it keeps you warm and comfy.

Either way, it saves you the trouble of having to know anything.  Hell, it even saves you the trouble of having to form your own opinion...you'll just borrow someone else's, as long as it keeps you warm and comfy.

811375[/snapback]

A lot of the people that do try to form their own opinion also don't realize that every piece of information they get has already been digested by someone else.

Either way, it saves you the trouble of having to know anything.  Hell, it even saves you the trouble of having to form your own opinion...you'll just borrow someone else's, as long as it keeps you warm and comfy.

811375[/snapback]

Here is someone's opinion that I thought was rather inspired:

Kevin Tillman

Then at least do yourself a favor and go to the actual briefing and not the Washingotn Posts edited version:

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/comsite5/bi...d=0286-16013253

Here is what he actually said.  Pretty neat how the post took the one statement and said we are failing:

Again, to keep the situation in Baghdad in some perspective, I must realistically note that while the last days have been tough, we have not witnessed that reduction in violence one would have hoped for in a perfect world, but there have been some successes.

811304[/snapback]

I'm not sure why you think his press conference from July is relevant to this week's? According to the Post and many other sources, he stated this week that their strategy for the past two months has not stemmed the violence.

That seems to be a pretty good assessment, and your last comment even supports it. If anyone else (bungeejumper?) has any counter proof to that assessment, please provide it. Hell, if anyone here has any evidence that we are "beating the insurgency and winning the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people" I'd love to see that too.