Here it is, the official Why the hell didn't we

ACor58

One

Game.

807131[/snapback]

actually 2nd game. He played really well putting the cards in position to win against the chiefs if not for a defensive collapse costing them the lead, then leading the cards down the field for a chance to send it to ot and nasty neil shanking a fg. 

M. Leinart  22/35 253 2 1

and tonight

M. Leinart 13/18 125 2 0

I'm not one of those "why didnt we draft so and so guys".  I just think it speaks highly of how mature and how quickly Leinart has adapted to the nfl.

807152[/snapback]

I was about to post that also. This is his 2nd 1/3 game ... this is his 2nd start and also relieved Warner in week 3 I believe

Yea, McGee really set him up on Detroits 23 at the end of the first half. Losman really took advantage with that -15 yard sack. <_<

807171[/snapback]

Dont you mean Gandy?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ahahaha ...

Grossman doesnt look so hot now in the 3rd quarter also.

807178[/snapback]

I don't know...he looked pretty good on that touchdown...

...except that wasn't Grossman. And it wasn't a touchdown. Stupid call...3rd quarter, down by 20, 4th and goal...go for it, you friggin' Mularkey!!!

Yea, McGee really set him up on Detroits 23 at the end of the first half. Losman really took advantage with that -15 yard sack. <_<

807171[/snapback]

Yawn...I mean consistently. The Cards have had 4 drives start in Chicago territory. From that they got 1 TD, 2 FG ("drives" of 10 and 22 yards), 1 missed FG (drive of -5 yards). The killer Arizona offense with the red hot QB has yet to total the yardage of their first drive...

A few points:

This is one game. As good as Leinart looks, that's how bad Grossman's looking. Just a day ago, Rex was one of the best QBs in the league. So which is it? One game does not determine a season, let alone a career.

The game plan. As someone else posted, this is a great game plan that's being executed well. Why don't we try to protect our young QB behind a bad line with quick drops and roll outs? It works. Here's the evidence.

I don't know...he looked pretty good on that touchdown...

...except that wasn't Grossman.  And it wasn't a touchdown.  Stupid call...3rd quarter, down by 20, 4th and goal...go for it, you friggin' Mularkey!!!

807181[/snapback]

What do you mean it wasnt Grossman?

No, I meant Losman.

Remember he saw the end coming at him, and ran back at least 7 yards, then took a sack.

But yea, It was Gandys fault.

807182[/snapback]

Well the end wouldnt be coming at him if Gandy did not let him through ... holy cow people on this board are something else. <_<

He had 2 choices:

1. Fall down at the sight of the DE

OR

2. Do the instinctive thing and try to make a play out of nothing like he did when he escaped 2 DE's and a DT and threw for a 45 yard TD

you sir, have a short memory

A few points:

This is one game.  As good as Leinart looks, that's how bad Grossman's looking.  Just a day ago, Rex was one of the best QBs in the league.  So which is it?  One game does not determine a season, let alone a career.

The game plan.  As someone else posted, this is a great game plan that's being executed well.  Why don't we try to protect our young QB behind a bad line with quick drops and roll outs?  It works.  Here's the evidence.

807191[/snapback]

This is actually his 2nd 1/2 good game (leinart).

Rex was never one of the best QB's in the league. He SHOULD have been INT'd 3-4 times last week by Buffalo. We just couldnt catch the ball. Arizona is catching the ball.

Rex was never one of the best QB's in the league. He SHOULD have been INT'd 3-4 times last week by Buffalo. We just couldnt catch the ball. Arizona is catching the ball.

807194[/snapback]

So what you're saying is Whitner sucks and we should have drafted Leinart, and had Coy Wire starting instead?

Losman doesn't look so bad when given the short field either.  The Cards have had 1 drive of greater than 25 yards.

807158[/snapback]

You must be referring to JP Losman's 2 play -12 yard drive for a field goal after McGee's kick return on Sunday, right?

Or did you mean Losman's 3 play -9 yard drive for a punt after Minnesota punted the ball only 9 yards to their own 39 yard line?

Nah, that wasn't it - did you mean Losman's 3 play -14 yard drive from Miami's 45 yard line? Or his 3 play -8 yard drive from Miami's 17 yard line for a field goal?

Come to think of it - what *are* you thinking about?

JDG

807194[/snapback]

I believe the Cards lost that game. and ML - 22/35 253yds 2TD 1INT. throw in a few sacks. By JP standards, that an average game in a loss. Certainly not great.

I'm not saying Rex is great. I'm just saying everyone else was saying he was great.

I believe the Cards lost that game. and ML - 22/35 253yds 2TD 1INT. throw in a few sacks.  By JP standards, that an average game in a loss.  Certainly not great.

I'm not saying Rex is great.  I'm just saying everyone else was saying he was great.

807209[/snapback]

Its odd how you are so persistant to put down Leinart.

22/35 for 253 yards 2TD and 1 INT sounds like Tom Brady stats to me ... also remember it was his FIRST GAME EVER STARTING

22/35 for 253 yards 2TD and 1 INT sounds like Tom Brady stats to me ... also remember it was his FIRST GAME EVER STARTING

807210[/snapback]

But, but, but.....Paris Hilton!!!

You must be referring to JP Losman's 2 play -12 yard drive for a field goal after McGee's kick return on Sunday, right?

Or did you mean Losman's 3 play -9 yard drive for a punt after Minnesota punted the ball only 9 yards to their own 39 yard line?

Nah, that wasn't it - did you mean Losman's 3 play -14 yard drive from Miami's 45 yard line?  Or his 3 play -8 yard drive from Miami's 17 yard line for a field goal?

Come to think of it - what *are* you thinking about? 

JDG

807204[/snapback]

<_<

807210[/snapback]

I'm not putting him down at all. I'm just suggesting that he's not the future hall of famer that some people are trying to make him out to be. He's has 2 good games and suddenly half the board wants us to dump JP in his stead. I'm sure I could pull up stats to reflect JP's had good games as well.

Why can't we just be a little patient before we lament the loss of Leinart and having to be stuck with JP? Leinart has looked good, sure. But, lets be rationalistic about it.

Why can't we just be a little patient before we lament the loss of Leinart and having to be stuck with JP?    Leinart has looked good, sure.  But, lets be rationalistic about it.

807217[/snapback]

No room for rationale. JP has single-handedly lost two games in a row for the Bills. This board belongs to the anti-JP Crusaders, and probably will until he has 12 500 yard, 6 TD, 0 INT, 0 sack games in a row. Don't even bother trying...I know I give up.

I'm not putting him down at all.  I'm just suggesting that he's not the future hall of famer that some people are trying to make him out to be.  He's has 2 good games and suddenly half the board wants us to dump JP in his stead.  I'm sure I could pull up stats to reflect JP's had good games as well. 

Why can't we just be a little patient before we lament the loss of Leinart and having to be stuck with JP?    Leinart has looked good, sure.  But, lets be rationalistic about it.

807217[/snapback]

I dont want to dumb Losman. Im just commenting on how well Leinart is doing.

807222[/snapback]

Not only has he not been sacked, he's only been hit TWICE all game. That's some inspired play by his Oline.

EDIT: Ooooooops, lol.....

807222[/snapback]

Then why are we arguing. Because I agree, Lienart's playing a good game; but in no way should we be second guessing JP.