Pro Football Weekly

Bflojohn

Article also said this about Crowell

Bills WLB Angelo Crowell needs to do a better job tackling. On the Lions' first run of the game, Crowell was in perfect position to make the tackle, and it was his responsibility to fill the hole. But he did not get his hat across his body and fell to the ground, letting Kevin Jones run right through the tackle for a 52-yard gain. A few series later, Crowell came underneath Jones again, this time on the goal line, and Jones ran right through his arms again as Crowell hit the dirt. Arm tackling does not get the job done in the NFL and opens the door to big plays that change the outcome of a game. Crowell whiffed too many times and needs to play with more authority.

Bills WLB Angelo Crowell needs to do a better job tackling. On the Lions' first run of the game, Crowell was in perfect position to make the tackle, and it was his responsibility to fill the hole. But he did not get his hat across his body and fell to the ground, letting Kevin Jones run right through the tackle for a 52-yard gain. A few series later, Crowell came underneath Jones again, this time on the goal line, and Jones ran right through his arms again as Crowell hit the dirt. Arm tackling does not get the job done in the NFL and opens the door to big plays that change the outcome of a game. Crowell whiffed too many times and needs to play with more authority.

806608[/snapback]

I yelled at my screen during that play. A lot.

I needed to watch that abortion several times to make sure I knew which player was pissing me off.

806608[/snapback]

Typical Crowell. He plays too soft and while he gets lots of "stats" those tackles are unofficial stats, and he makes too many downfield and away from the line where a LB is supposed to be making tackles.

Can you say typical fan overrating of a player who is ready for primetime?

It's about time this gets noticed by others. Now that Spikes is back, I'd rather see Ellison playing first and second and Crowell only in with the nickle package.