ADJUSTMENTS

vegas55

<_< The NFL is all about adjustments. The head coach of the Patriots, a guy who knows a little about defense, has a simple philosiphy, take away the other teams #1 weapon. So Lee Evans gets zip against the Pats opening day. Lions #1 and only weapon , Roy Williams, gets one on one coverage the entire 1st half and goes crazy. So 2nd half begins, Lions third and long deep in their own end, boom, Williams with a 15 yard reception facing one on one coverage once again. NICE HALF TIME ADJUSTMENT.

You don't have to coach in the NFL for 20 years to see that the gutless freak posing as an NFL left tackle, ( Gandy) was totally incapable of blocking his guy today, a guy who personally won the game for the Lions by blowing up every Bills drive with a sack. Might want to make an ADJUSTMENT there, and give the guy some help, before your QB gets killed. No adjustment made.

Lions play a cover two, which leaves some openings in the middle for tight end. NOT ONE PASS thrown to a tight end in the middle of the field. Not one - all day.

Does Larry Triplett still play for the Bills??

<_<  The NFL is all about adjustments. The head coach of the Patriots, a guy who knows a little about defense, has a simple philosiphy, take away the other teams #1 weapon. So Lee Evans gets zip against the Pats opening day. Lions #1 and only weapon , Roy Williams, gets one on one coverage the entire 1st half and goes crazy. So 2nd half begins, Lions third and long deep in their own end, boom, Williams with a 15 yard reception facing one on one coverage once again. NICE HALF TIME ADJUSTMENT.

You don't have to coach in the NFL for 20 years to see that the gutless freak posing as an NFL left tackle, ( Gandy) was totally incapable of blocking his guy today, a guy who personally won the game for the Lions by blowing up every Bills drive with a sack. Might want to make an ADJUSTMENT there, and give the guy some help, before your QB gets killed. No adjustment made.

Lions play a cover two, which leaves some openings in the middle for tight end. NOT ONE PASS thrown to a tight end in the middle of the field. Not one - all day.

805645[/snapback]

You realize that a TE in the middle of the field caught a TD today right?

You realize that a TE in the middle of the field caught a TD today right?

805660[/snapback]

HEY IDIOT: DID YOU WATCH THE GAME? IT WAS A FIRST AND GOAL - AND THE TIGHT END CAUGHT IT IN THE CORNER OF THE END ZONE. I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE COVER TWO DEFENSE AND ITS VULNERABILITY TO PASSES IN THE MIDDLE - NOT ON GOAL LINE STANDS, NITWIT

HEY IDIOT: DID YOU WATCH THE GAME?  IT WAS A FIRST AND GOAL - AND THE TIGHT END CAUGHT IT IN THE CORNER OF THE END ZONE. I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE COVER TWO DEFENSE AND ITS VULNERABILITY TO  PASSES IN THE MIDDLE - NOT ON GOAL LINE STANDS, NITWIT

805705[/snapback]

A little high strung, are we?

If you can show me where in your first post you excluded goal line plays from your little "analysis," you can call BlueFire a nitwit. Otherwise, calm down or shut up or both.

805645[/snapback]

I'm waiting for the Larry Triplett "What a warrior" defense. I'm sure we'll be told that he has been playing with:

a. a knee injury

b. a hip injury

c. a shoulder injury

d. a neck injury

e. all of the above...

You know the defense, "We love what he's doing out there. He's hustling. He'd be making plays except for that injury he can't shake..."

( Gandy) was totally incapable of blocking his guy today, a guy who personally won the game for the Lions by blowing up every Bills drive with a sack. Might want to make an ADJUSTMENT there, and give the guy some help, before your QB gets killed. No adjustment made.

805645[/snapback]

Either you make the adjustment by leaving the TE on the line to help out or you send them out to catch passes. I'm not saying either was effective on Sunday but simply that you can't have it both ways.

This game was decided by a fumble that turned into the game winning FG. The drive after our lone turnover ended in a punt.

HEY IDIOT: DID YOU WATCH THE GAME?  IT WAS A FIRST AND GOAL - AND THE TIGHT END CAUGHT IT IN THE CORNER OF THE END ZONE. I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE COVER TWO DEFENSE AND ITS VULNERABILITY TO  PASSES IN THE MIDDLE - NOT ON GOAL LINE STANDS, NITWIT

805705[/snapback]

Perhaps a few too many mocha frapathingies?