My Analysis: WE SUCK!

1 - Going into the "mini-prevent" on the last drive of the first half cost us this game.

2 - Punting with 4 minutes to go cost us the game

3 - Why does the coaching staff try gadget plays like fake punts and on-sides kicks against teams we have no change agianst, yet play 100% consevrvative against teams where the gadget plays could make a difference?!?!?!?!

4 - JP played great today.

5 - Whitner got robbed once again of a vaild INT - The NFL is so fixed

1 - Going into the "mini-prevent" on the last drive of the first half cost us this game.

3 - Why does the coaching staff try gadget plays like fake punts and on-sides kicks against teams we have no change agianst, yet play 100% consevrvative against teams where the gadget plays could make a difference?!?!?!?!

4  - JP played great today.

805210[/snapback]

1 - mini-prevent???? :blink: WTF

2 - no, face mask penalties, and not tackling is what happened in the final 4.

3 -Because you have to make opportunities against "better" teams. Against "bad" teams you should be able to win without gimmicks.

4- yeah okay, You must have been watching a tape from the Vikings game

5. Nope, I thought so at first but he did bobble when he hit and since the ball hit the ground and a bobble the ball is incomplete.

1 -  mini-prevent????  :blink:  WTF

2 - no, face mask penalties, and not tackling is what happened in the final 4.

3 -Because you have to make opportunities against "better" teams.  Against "bad" teams you should be able to win without gimmicks.

4- yeah okay, You must have been watching a tape from the Vikings game

5.  Nope, I thought so at first but he did bobble when he hit and since the ball hit the ground and a bobble the ball is incomplete.

805228[/snapback]

There was no facemask on that play. Watch it again.

Where did I say there was a facemask.  I said there was a facemask penalty.  <_<

805241[/snapback]

Speaking of which K. Thomas had a brutal end to this game. He got faked out on the most important play of the game which resulted in a Detriot 1st down. He followed it up with that penalty (which may not have been a penalty) and then finished up the game by not holding his block on the punt return and letting Leonard get smacked.

Speaking of which K. Thomas had a brutal end to this game.  He got faked out on the most important play of the game which resulted in a Detriot 1st down.  He followed it up with that penalty (which may not have been a penalty) and then finished up the game by not holding his block on the punt return and letting Leonard get smacked.

805251[/snapback]

I give the kid a pass for his poor performance today. He's been playing pretty well as a nickle most of the year. The rest of the team has not been playing as well as him, and needs to be called out more.

Is that why there was a WR open deep in the endzone?

Because our offense is money on 4th&9?

That makes sense....don't take any risks vs. superior teams but try a gadget play that could lose the game vs. the dreads of the league.

4  - JP played great today.

<_<

805210[/snapback]

Maybe your only non-retarded point.

Is that why there was a WR open deep in the endzone?

Because our offense is money on 4th&9?

That makes sense....don't take any risks vs. superior teams but try a gadget play that could lose the game vs. the dreads of the league.

<_<

Maybe your only non-retarded point.

805425[/snapback]

The "mini-prevent" defense is a term I coined circa 2002 (or sometime in my life). Giving up a 90 yard drive with 2 minutes to go in the first half is unnacceptable. The last pass to Williams - they earned it, but all the other 8-12 yard dink-dunks were a gift!!!