Drew looked pretty good yesterday

todd

Something else I'll add here is that he definitely is starting to seem more like a team leader. At least watching from the upper deck on the Bills side (unfortunately I haven't had the chance to go to training camp at all), he seems to be helping out the younger guys, talking to the coaches, being more involved in the game even after he goes out early. Finally developing into the kind of QB and leader he should be. I'd like to think some of that has to do with having Wyche and Mularkey around, and also that he may feel responsible for younger guys like JP and Evans and their development. Also definitely get the sense that he wants the team to succeed, and could care less about his numbers, which is perfect for this situation.

Something else I'll add here is that he definitely is starting to seem more like a team leader.  At least watching from the upper deck on the Bills side (unfortunately I haven't had the chance to go to training camp at all), he seems to be helping out the younger guys, talking to the coaches, being more involved in the game even after he goes out early.  Finally developing into the kind of QB and leader he should be.  I'd like to think some of that has to do with having Wyche and Mularkey around, and also that he may feel responsible for younger guys like JP and Evans and their development.  Also definitely get the sense that he wants the team to succeed, and could care less about his numbers, which is perfect for this situation.

3793[/snapback]

I saw him at one point giving Aiken a pat after he made a sideline catch. In the previous game, I saw him looking over aerial photos with Losman. I agree...this is good stuff.

I think patting the ball is like a rash. It could eitehr be a sign of a serious infection or just something yucky to look at. If bledsoe pats the ball and gets it out quickly, whats the problem. However if its a sign of him taking to long to make a play then its a problem.

Not being a football coach and having never played the game, I have no clue what the physical act of patting the ball does to a throw? Maybe someone can fill me in?

Typically if you pat the ball it takes longer to release. If you watch drew patting the ball 90% of the time you will see that if his hand is off the ball while in tap mode, he must bring it back down to the ball before he releases. Yes it's a split second, but a split second can be a ton of time in the NFL. Pick up a ball and try it, you'll see what I mean.

In addition, the tapping motion telegraphs that a throw is coming because, once again, the hand comes down to the ball to grip it firmly once more before the throw.

Secondly, If you are holding on to the ball firmly with two hands, you are less likely to loose it when you get hit. Have your wife hold on to the ball with one hand and blindside her...she'll probably drop it.

Plus it's an annoying sound in his ear as he is getting ready to throw. Hell, just thought I would throw that in there.

Archived