JP and Rothlisberger

pBills

Just wondering how ESPN can rank Rothlisberger ahead of JP? Granted none of them want to say that the crown they gave him was for nothing or based off of one season with Bettis. But come on, the guy has thrown ZERO TD's and 7 interceptions. He should be way, way, way towards the bottom.

Second thought...

Bills 21 Lions 10

New England 13 Bills 17

4-3 going into the bye-week. That would be great!!!

Just wondering how ESPN can rank Rothlisberger ahead of JP?  Granted none of them want to say that the crown they gave him was for nothing or based off of one season with Bettis.  But come on, the guy has thrown ZERO TD's and 7 interceptions.  He should be way, way, way towards the bottom.

Second thought...

Bills 21    Lions 10

New England  13    Bills 17

4-3 going into the bye-week.  That would be great!!!

802530[/snapback]

Dude - you're kidding right?

JP Losman is not even relevant in this discussion yet because he hasnt arrived. Maybe after he does something in the NFL, he can then be rated over a QB struggling.

The clock is ticking. Now he is 13 starts into his NFL career. 11 starts left, will he do something that makes fans want him back next year?

We have seen big ben win games for the Steelers, Ben had a hard offseason.

Not buying it since this was based on THIS season, not everyone's careers.  This season.  So if that truly is the case, then shouldn't JP be ahead of Rothlisbeger?

802559[/snapback]

How many games has JP won for us in his career? By my count 0 so far, but he is young. Until he shows he can pick this team up put it on his back when the game is on the line, he won't have a horse in the race.

Ok, how many times do I have say it... the rankings list was based off of this season. 

Geesh Read People Read!!

802568[/snapback]

I would agree that J.P. has looked better this season, but it appears (if this is the right article) that the rankings are based off of Week 5's performances. Which would explain Damon Huard at number 4 and Bruce Gradkowski at number 6.

I would agree that J.P. has looked better this season, but it appears (if this is the right article) that the rankings are based off of Week 5's performances. Which would explain Damon Huard at number 4 and Bruce Gradkowski at number 6.

802573[/snapback]

Ironic, I should have started Bruce Gradkowski this week instead of Big Ben.

Bens fantasy points so far this year...... -14.75 :)

I keep hoping he will snap out of it.

Okay, this season, yes JP has played better than Ben, but you could argue (going into the Bear game) that JP had outplayed Palmer, Hasselbeck, Delhomme etc.

Who would you rather build a team around?

802585[/snapback]

Build a team around... hmmm? Not to sure yet on JP. I believe a lot of last year messed his head up and that the coaching staff has been doing a wonderful job clearing the Mularkey out of it. With that being said, all of the above minus Rothlisberger. He is proving right now that last year was more his play mixed with a lot of Jerome Bettis.

JP Losman is not even relevant in this discussion yet because he hasnt arrived.  Maybe after he does something in the NFL, he can then be rated over a QB struggling.

802554[/snapback]

As opposed to vested veteran Bruce Gradkowski, who is ranked at #6?

As others have said, the power rankings are based on week 5's performance (thus the lack of QB's who were on the bye), as bad as Big Ben's performance was on Sunday, Losman was worse.

As opposed to vested veteran  Bruce Gradkowski, who is ranked at #6?

As others have said, the power rankings are based on week 5's performance (thus the lack of QB's who were on the bye), as bad as Big Ben's performance was on Sunday, Losman was worse.

802629[/snapback]

And the truely sad thing is, JP was one of our better players on Sunday.

As opposed to vested veteran  Bruce Gradkowski, who is ranked at #6?

802629[/snapback]

The sad thing is, Bruce Gradkowski showed more potential in one game then JP Losman has in 3 years.

My statement was a general statement however, not in response to the ranking.

The sad thing is, Bruce Gradkowski showed more potential in one game then JP Losman has in 3 years.

802735[/snapback]

Yeah those three TD passes to Evans in Miami was nothing to talk about huh.

0:)

Guess thats not potential. <_<

802735[/snapback]

A QB coming out of nowhere - the rookie Gradkowski - with the opposition having essentially zero film on him, can indeed have a good game. Folks were ga-ga about Volek and his potential for a while, too.