Tailgating this week in Detroit

bradjames24

I am going to the game this weekend in Mo Town and have heard the tailgating there isn't like it is at the Ralph in the sense there isn't a giant lot surrounding the stadium.

Anyone been to a game at Ford Field or anyone else going this weekend that could give some tailgating advice? Ie.-where the best spots are.

I'm looking forward to seeing how many Bills fans will be there--could be some with Southern Ont. being so close.....

Thanks!

I am going to the game this weekend in Mo Town and have heard the tailgating there isn't like it is at the Ralph in the sense there isn't a giant lot surrounding the stadium.

Anyone been to a game at Ford Field or anyone else going this weekend that could give some tailgating advice? Ie.-where the best spots are.

I'm looking forward to seeing how many Bills fans will be there--could be some with Southern Ont. being so close.....

Thanks!

801870[/snapback]

UH NO.

DUDE, tailgating and hanging around that area is not the smartest thing to do. u are ok a hour or so before and after the game but i wouldnt hang around mt elliot st to much. me my dad are from detroit and we have heard so many bad stories over the past 20 years especially near old tiger stadium. just go to the game and leave as quicly as possible with the crowd. take 94 to get out of the city the fastest.

but seriously i am going and leaving, but if you do want to stay....

go to this sports bar after the game, if i remember correctly its called hockeytown.

real nice place. its right across the st from camerica park where the new stadium is for the tigers. also if u want to party go to windsor right across the ambassador bridge. very safe and fun!

take care and be careful.

DUDE, tailgating and hanging around that area is not the smartest thing to do.  u are ok a hour or so before and after the game but i wouldnt hang around mt elliot st to much.  me my dad are from detroit and we have heard so many bad stories over the past 20 years especially near old tiger stadium.  just go to the game and leave as quicly as possible with the crowd.  take 94 to get out of the city the fastest. 

go to this sports bar after the game, if i remember correctly its called hockeytown.

real nice place.  its right across the st from camerica park where the new stadium is for the tigers.  also if u want to party go to windsor right across the ambassador bridge.  very safe and fun!

801984[/snapback]

We are staying the Sat night in Windsor....I was on the Lions website and saw a thing on tailgating at the Eastern Market. They sell it as a safe and secure area. Is it?

I'm going as well, but I don't think we will be tailgating....most likely just heading to a bar before the game, as I haven't heard of any bills tailgating going on. Also going to the Sabres game on Friday, but I'm not sure what the plan with that involves. My girlfriend is from detroit, so she is the tour guide this weekend.

DUDE, tailgating and hanging around that area is not the smartest thing to do.  u are ok a hour or so before and after the game but i wouldnt hang around mt elliot st to much.  me my dad are from detroit and we have heard so many bad stories over the past 20 years especially near old tiger stadium.  just go to the game and leave as quicly as possible with the crowd.  take 94 to get out of the city the fastest. 

real nice place.  its right across the st from camerica park where the new stadium is for the tigers.  also if u want to party go to windsor right across the ambassador bridge.  very safe and fun!

801984[/snapback]

You got to be kidding me. Your fine in Detroit as long as you’re by a major venue. IE Comerica, Ford Field, Fox Theatre. Obviously you don't want to go to far outside that area, but that area is more then safe, especially when a game is going on. The most that will happen is people asking for change, so expect that. I still wouldn't recommend tailgating only because the scene sucks. I'll let you know what bar I'll be at if you want to pregame. Hockeytown is fun, but VERY expensive. I probably won't be going there. I do agree that Windsor is very fun, clean, and safe.

Let me also suggest getting a map. As I said you don't want to venture to far out of that area. Detroit roads are all in a circular pattern so you can literally go round and round for hours. If you end up getting spit out on the wrong street just make sure your not going East.