In need of some FF advice...

Buftex

I am stuck at 1-4 in my leauge, after winning it back to back years...with only 8 more games to go, I really can't afford to lose any more games. I need some advice...here is my roster, who would you trade, and what would you look to get in return. As far as who you would look to get, I don't necessarily need names, just positions. Pretty much any player is untouchable, except maybe Carson Palmer. Any input is appreciated...I regret not following my better instincts, and all of your advice last week, and trading Tatum Bell for Larry Fitzgerald. I was thinking of Fitz or Boldin would look nice in a package deal to someone, but now, Fitz is out 2-5 weeks! Sometimes, I out-TD myself!

My team:

QB's: Carson Palmer

John Kitna

RB's: Willis McGahee

Laurence Maroney

Reggie Bush

Domic Rhodes

WR: Anquan Boldin

Larry Fitzgerald

Lee Evans

Braylon Edwards

Greg Jennings

Jerricho Cotchery

Brandon Stokely

TE: Jeremy Shockey

Desmond Clark

K: Robbie Gould

Def: Philadelphia Eagles

I don't see any major weaknesses. But, if I understood you correctly, you traded Bell for Fitz?!?!?! THAT was a mistake. Not because of the injury either. Undo that trade and you're golden.

800934[/snapback]

Yeah, I know it was stupid...at the time, there was another guy in the leauge looking for a starting WR...I wanted to package either Fitz or Boldin (who put up nearly identical stats every week) along with Shockey, for some better players. He ended up making a trade with someone else...it was a bad miscalculation on my part, made even worse by Fitzgerald getting hurt. I was content, at the time with McGahee and Maroney as my starters. You just can't play everyone, every week.

With Bell, I was 1-3, wtihout him 1-4!

As a McGahee owner, I have been a little frustrtated, as I really thought he was going to get a lot more carries than he has...only 14 carries against the Bears! In retrospect, if I was going to make this trade, I might have been better off trading McGahee, and keeping Bell. I picked Bell up off the waivers in week 2, after somebody cut him, to pick up Tony Romo (?)!!! I felt like he was expendable...I shouldn't have had him anyways...

Anyway, just trying to think of a way to improve...

Nothing wrong with trying to improve. Whether I'm 1-4 or 4-1, there is always room for something to be done. But, no one has the quintessential roster. You have good players, I suspect you'll turn it around. If I were to offer any advice, I'd say go get another RB the likes of a McAllister. Someone who you wouldn't need to give up that much but is underappreciated and flying under the radar. He's getting his carries and producing well most weeks. Hang in there. You'll be fine.

You mean Palmer is the only player that's untouchable? I dunno, he's about the only player that you can deal if you want any significant upgrades. You've got 3 handcuffed RB's with upside who aren't especially likely to produce every week and your go-to guy plays for our favorite team which doesn't score. Not that you have a bad team (depends on the # of teams?), but I think you just have to cross your fingers and hope.

In other news my teams are 1-4 and 2-3. I'm pretty sure FF is rigged.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.