One more thing about the defense.......

sven233

I thought it was very interesting to watch both defenses today. They are the same defense, but today showed how one team knows how to run it and the other team is learning to run it.

The Chicago team attacked every position. They pressed the receievers at the line and played physical. They didn't wait for receievers to come to them to tackle them, they went and initiated the contact and were agressive the whole day. They didn't wait around to make things happen. The Bears made things happen by forcing the issue.

The Bills on the other hand did not attack. The corners played 8-10 yards off the receievers (as usual) and when the receievers for Chicago did catch the ball, instead of running up and atacking them, the corners and linebackers just sat there, frozen, waiting for the receievers to come to them. By the time the receievers got to them (usually 8 yards down the field), they had already made a move and left the corners and linebackers of the Bills in the dust. I don't know if I have ever seen worse tackling! Seemed like every play reminded me of Pennington juking Eddie Robinson out of his shoes for a TD a few years back!

The Bears force the issue and make plays happen and the Bills sit back and wait for the oposition to come to them (and eventually by them). Very frustrating to watch in may ways because we are supposed to be running the same defense, or at least very similar. We have the talent to do it, but for some reason, we don't have that same attacking style. Tough to watch.

Like you said, you guys are the Bears a few years ago..

The thing that makes our defense, is Urlacher. He keeps everyone playing until the very end..

If you watched the Seahawks game last week, when they talked about "loafs", they all play until the whistle..

Alex Brown covers our flats sometimes.. I mean how many times do our DL make a tackle 5-10 yds down field.. One slows the guy down, then here comes pursuit..

It takes time, but I could see a young Bears defense in the BIlls.

The Bills lack experience in the system and the dline talent of the bears. Even without ogun and ian scott the bears have players who can step in and contribute. Mark Anderson is a monster, and tank johnson would be a starting dt for most teams. Meanwhile we have average to poor dline talent that consistently gets exposed against better teams.