Swap the QBs

He's never been a bad QB when he's played he just hasn't been healthy.  He certainly wasn't the reason they lost in the playoffs last year.

799157[/snapback]

Grossman's play in his first 3 years, on the few occasions he's BEEN healthy, was no better than JP's first 2 years. The difference is that the Bears offense is in the 2nd year of their scheme and the Bears have an amazing defense.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know , I was curious, but this was Grossmans 12th start in his career and has only played in 13 overall. 

It was Jp's 13 start and 18 games overall. 

Wow, what a huge difference.  Gross man is 9-3.  Losman is 3-10.

799179[/snapback]

When will you understand that this offensive line doesn't protect the QB? But keep up with your comparisons if that makes you feel better about yourself.

Grossman's play in his first 3 years, on the few occasions he's BEEN healthy, was no better than JP's first 2 years.  The difference is that the Bears offense is in the 2nd year of their scheme and the Bears have an amazing defense.

799169[/snapback]

Why does everything have to be mutually exclusive? He couldn't have had a better defense and been a better QB?

You know , I was curious, but this was Grossmans 12th start in his career and has only played in 13 overall. 

799179[/snapback]

Just curious: since our team had such a bad outing today, are you going back to your "Losman sucksand has happy feet" plan, or will you wait to see if he beats Detroit so you can go back to your "Losman is getting better" plan.

799179[/snapback]

Did you ever think that maybe the Bears have been a better team since JP's arrival into the NFL?

Just curious: since our team had such a bad outing today, are you going back to your "Losman sucksand has happy feet" plan, or will you wait to see if he beats Detroit so you can go back to your "Losman is getting better" plan.

799196[/snapback]

He might go back to his Aaron Brooks should be given a shot stance. Just give him time.

799196[/snapback]

Nope, I have been pretty even keeled on him, as I said I would before the season. I am giving him one more chance and as I sai before the season we'll see by about week 10. If he is winning more than losing, and he stops being a major factor in our loses then I will gove him his dues. But....

Did you ever think that maybe the Bears have been a better team since JP's arrival into the NFL?

799199[/snapback]

Really?

Grossman was 3-3 his first 2 years when he started. OIn some really bad Chi teams. Tell me again how much worse than JP he is again?

Really? 

Grossman was 3-3 his first 2 years when he started.  OIn some really bad Chi teams.  Tell me again how much worse than JP he is again?

799208[/snapback]

Uh, I never said that he was worse than Losman.

I do know that the Bears went to the playoffs last year with a rookie, 4th round QB (Orton is the 3rd stringer now, BTW).

Uh, I never said that he was worse than Losman.

I do know that the Bears went to the playoffs last year with a rookie, 4th round QB (Orton is the 3rd stringer now, BTW).

799233[/snapback]

You said "Did you ever think that maybe the Bears have been a better team since JP's arrival into the NFL?"

Well in Grossmans first 2 years they were a bad team and he was still 3-3.

And yes I know what they did with Orten, he was asked to manage the games and not lose them. To which a he did a good job doing. At this point and has been proven this year, that's all Losman will have to do in a lot of cases. Let's see if he and the coaches can figure that out.

Really? 

Grossman was 3-3 his first 2 years when he started.  OIn some really bad Chi teams.  Tell me again how much worse than JP he is again?

Grossman had a 74.8 QB rating in 2003 and a 67.9 QB rating in 2004 (and a 59.7 rating last year). Suffice it to say that he was NOT better than JP his first 3 years.

But it's amazing what being in the 2nd year of an offense can do for you. I mean it's a WELL KNOWN phenomenon that a team in the first years of a new offense and defense struggle. Hence the reason Grossman looked like crap last year and looks good THIS year, and why the Bears' defense looked like crap in 2004 and has been dominant the past 2 years.

You said "Did you ever think that maybe the Bears have been a better team since JP's arrival into the NFL?"

Well in Grossmans first 2 years they were a bad team and he was still 3-3. 

And yes I know what they did with Orten, he was asked to manage the games and not lose them.  To which a he did a good job doing.  At this point and has been proven this year, that's all Losman will have to do in a lot of cases.  Let's see if he and the coaches can figure that out.

799235[/snapback]

Yes, I did say that. How that turns into "JP is better than Grossman" is beyond me....

If you want to compare Orton's role with the '05 Bears with that of Losman on the '06 Bills, I have to ask you this: do you really think that the Bills '06 D is anywhere near as good as the Bears '05 D was?

Yes, I did say that. How that turns into "JP is better than Grossman" is beyond me....

If you want to compare Orton's role with the '05 Bears with that of Losman on the '06 Bills, I have to ask you this: do you really think that the Bills '06 D is anywhere near as good as the Bears '05 D was?

799268[/snapback]

Stop it. Trying to introduce logic in your discussion will get you nowhere with VA :D