McGee is not a good fit in this system

On the bomb to Berrian we ran the cover 2. It was McGee's job at the line to slow Berrian down enough so Ko could react. He couldn't and Berrian ends up with the bomb. Jauron commented about the same thing happening last week. He's a great return man and decent corner, but he's not physical enough at the line for this defense.

On the bomb to Berrian we ran the cover 2. It was McGee's job at the line to slow Berrian down enough so Ko could react. He couldn't and Berrian ends up with the bomb. Jauron commented about the same thing happening last week. He's a great return man and decent corner, but he's not physical enough at the line for this defense.

798642[/snapback]

Not sure about that. He just got smoked on a double move. And I don't think we ever bump hard on the line. Just a great move and throw.

He'll be fine. Who else do you suggest we put on the outside???????

798707[/snapback]

I'm not suggesting we replace him this year. I just feel that if we stay in the cover 2, his best position is probably Nickleback. Clements is physical, we really need to look at keeping him. I thought for awhile that we could let Nate go, but he is a very good fit in this system. We drafted Youbouty because he's also physical, but he hasn't made any waves thus far. Ideally we could pick up a better fit in FA, or maybe in the draft. It's not pressing, but this move would upgrade our secondary. I also wouldn't be against giving Kilwaukee a shot, he seems to be playing well enough.

Not sure about that. He just got smoked on a double move. And I don't think we ever bump hard on the line. Just a great move and throw.

798710[/snapback]

He might not have been playing press, but the play was designed for him to make contact with the WR inside of 5 yards. It would be impossible for our saftey to play the deep half near the sideline if he didn't.

He might not have been playing press, but the play was designed for him to make contact with the WR inside of 5 yards. It would be impossible for our saftey to play the deep half near the sideline if he didn't.

798732[/snapback]

He was on him like a glove the whole play and berrian even slowed up when he did his double move. I'm not sure if pressing him a little more would have changed the result. In fact, my guess, w/o seeing a replay, is that Ko bit on the double move too.

If McGee's not right for the system, then neither is clements--who just got smoked by Berrian too.

He was on him like a glove the whole play and berrian even slowed up when he did his double move. I'm not sure if pressing him a little more would have changed the result. In fact, my guess, w/o seeing a replay, is that Ko bit on the double move too.

If McGee's not right for the system, then neither is clements--who just got smoked by Berrian too.

798774[/snapback]

It doesn't matter how McGee covererd him off the line. That doesn't reduce the amount of time the WR had to get in his route. That's what you have to have in this defense so the safties can roll over and help. Clements has done this well all year, Jauron has even said as much.