Willis' block

So I watched Willis' block on Kevin Williams again, it was featured on NFL Matchup. Not only did he completely pancake Williams, HE THEN DOVE ON TOP OF WILLIAMS WHILE HE WAS ON THE GROUND. Willis has become a stud in a matter of two weeks. Glad he "gets" it - some guys don't care, Willis obviously does (and I wasn't so sure that was the case until now).

Also, Jaws and Hoge called JP the most improved player in the entire league...

So I watched Willis' block on Kevin Williams again, it was featured on NFL Matchup.  Not only did he completely pancake Williams, HE THEN DOVE ON TOP OF WILLIAMS WHILE HE WAS ON THE GROUND.  Willis has become a stud in a matter of two weeks.  Glad he "gets" it - some guys don't care, Willis obviously does (and I wasn't so sure that was the case until now).

Also, Jaws and Hoge called JP the most improved player in the entire league...

798192[/snapback]

I saw that too last night. I'm stunned. ESPN actually gave the Bills some credit for something. :D

Willis is a star, and however long he is with us I will root for him and be thankful to have him. It shows how much of a screwup Mularkey was last year (I said it at the time) to mishandle the personality on the psychological side and mishandle the talent on the play calling side. Leading the league in rushing with our O-Line and dropping blocks like that? I love it.

Now if we can get him in the end zone 2-3 times in the same game I think it will charge him up even more and he can continue down the road to entering the "Best Bills Back Ever" discussion (Before getting the responses, he's not there yet by a long shot).

This team is going to be very fun to watch this year, and will be a playoff contender starting next year. It would be even more fun if they can pull a couple upsets and make a playoff run this year, but that would clearly be overachieving and beyond reasonable expectation.

So I watched Willis' block on Kevin Williams again, it was featured on NFL Matchup.  Not only did he completely pancake Williams, HE THEN DOVE ON TOP OF WILLIAMS WHILE HE WAS ON THE GROUND.

I think he did that not so much to finish-off the block, but to trash talk to KW. Everytime I see that play, I keep expecting KW to hurl Willis 10 yards down field as he gets up off the turf. :D