Lee Evans

Frez

I'm glad Peerless is making plays for us....I was glad to see him come back, but a little surprised at what we paid him. As long as he keeps making plays, though, who cares!

797767[/snapback]

If Peerless keeps playing at this level, Marv will look smart for signing him to the contract he did. Peerless is locked up for a few years, and to do that you usually have to pay a player significantly more than the NFL minimum. The way Marv did things we don't have to worry about Peerless having a good year and then some team falling in love with/overpaying him once the year's done.

Obviously, Lee has a long, long, long way to go to be considered on Marvin's level but for argument's sake:

Harrison (1st 2 years)

Year    Team                  G    GS    Rec    Yds    Avg    Lg    TD    20+    40    +1st

1996 Indianapolis Colts    16    15    64    836    13.1    41    8    15    1    43

1997Indianapolis Colts    16    15    73    866    11.9  44    6    9    2    46

Evans (1st 2 years)

Year    Team        G    GS    Rec    Yds    Avg    Lg    TD    20+    40    +1st

2004Buffalo Bills    16    11    48    843    17.6    69    9    12    6    38

2005Buffalo Bills    16    15    48    743    15.5  65    7    10  7    29

That's fairly close.  Also, Evans wasn't a first option his first two years and had shaky (at best) QB play last year.  Again, Lee has a got a way to go.  However if JP keeps maturing the way he has this year, there is little doubt Evans will be an elite wr.  I think he is that good.

:D

797958[/snapback]

I am sure JP will mature and get good, but I dont think he will be on Peytons level.

That being said Harrison had 39 more receptions in his first 2 years than Evans does. Thats close to what Evans averages in a year (48) ... so in his first 2 years Harrison had what Evans would figure to have in 3 years ...

Im sure he will be good though.

Lee is the complete package. As a person he comes of as humble, and very mature. On the field he can make the difficult catch, stretch defenses, and create YAC yards. I still think he has a couple years to reach his potential, which is scary considering how good he is now.

Lee Evans = LEE EVANS. He will be the one that players will be compared to by year 3.

798113[/snapback]

Hopefully Lee will be as big as those teets in your avatar