Run Defense

NE- Tore it apart-but also beat Cincy in Cincy yesterday so they might be better than folks give them credit for.

MIA- Murlarkey helped Buffalo out here big time.

NY- Did a decent job of stopping a subpar back except when they had to.

MIN- Pretty good showing but again no superstars at RB...

Better than anyone anticipated?

Had nowhere to go but up?

Hasn't been tested yet?

We have taken the lead in i think all of the games so far, pretty tough for opposing teams to establish a running game when they are coming from behind. If you notice in the Miami game early on Ronnie Brown was tearing us apart, in the second half they were forced to pass and had to abandon the run.

If any team wants to line up head to head and pound the ball they can and they will, we are not stout enough against a smash mouth team.

We have taken the lead in i think all of the games so far, pretty tough for opposing teams to establish a running game when they are coming from behind. If you notice in the Miami game early on Ronnie Brown was tearing us apart, in the second half they were forced to pass and had to abandon the run.

If any team wants to line up head to head and pound the ball they can and they will, we are not stout enough against a smash mouth team.

792892[/snapback]

While our Run-defense is still suspect, give Fewell and his players some credit. They have stuck to their task and stopped the run. The fact that we were only up by a TD or 10 points, there was no necessity for the opponents to avoid the run, especially when they "knew" that we bleed the run....The fact is our run-defense

has shored up in the last few games and they are playing better. The 1st game Ellison was put in after 2 series and he probably had no clue what hit him....Once he was able to see the game tape, I think has adjusted pretty well and has played his part in stopping the run. Credit Fewell for recognizing the flaws and trying to address them, something that Gray never tried really hard.

Hasn't been tested yet?

Yep. I think if a team has the will and the ability (read feature back) to stick with the run against us, we will be smoked. We can't stuff a smash-mouth team.

The only team that committed to the run against us was NE, and they ran all over us.

NE- Tore it apart-but also beat Cincy in Cincy yesterday so they might be better than folks give them credit for.

MIA- Murlarkey helped Buffalo out here big time.

NY- Did a decent job of stopping a subpar back except when they had to.

MIN- Pretty good showing but again no superstars at RB...

Better than anyone anticipated?

Had nowhere to go but up?

Hasn't been tested yet?

792540[/snapback]

Chester Taylor was in the top 10 in the NFL for yards going into this game.

Also, the Vikings have the most expensive OL in the NFL. Great offensive line, anyone on this board should be able to run with that line.

It was great pursuit by the Bills defenders on this one.

I think the Run D is improving greatly every week.