i got a feelin'

Lothar

Unlike last week when the talk was about how good we were after beating Miami, I like our chances this week. I wanted to post before the Jets game but I really thought we were getting set up for a letdown. I was worried about Pennington's short passing game, the ludicrous accolades the team got for beating an overrated Miami and the general over-optimism, not just from the fans but the players. And while I think Minny is a better team than the Jets, I just think the Bills will be better prepared for what's coming.

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the team played overall, but I didn't like our defense against the short passing game. I'm guessing Fewell will be more aggressive against a similar Minnesota offensive scheme. I can't see a scenario where the game won't be within 10 points either way and while Johnson has an edge in end-of-game heroics, JP may as well start this week in winning late. And I agree with several people on this board - that we'll know JP has "arrived" when he leads a 4th quarter drive to tie or win the game.

Why not JP? Why not now?

Unlike last week when the talk was about how good we were after beating Miami, I like our chances this week.  I wanted to post before the Jets game but I really thought we were getting set up for a letdown.  I was worried about Pennington's short passing game, the ludicrous accolades the team got for beating an overrated Miami and the general over-optimism, not just from the fans but the players.  And while I think Minny is a better team than the Jets, I just think the Bills will be better prepared for what's coming.

To be honest, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the team played overall, but I didn't like our defense against the short passing game.  I'm guessing Fewell will be more aggressive against a similar Minnesota offensive scheme.  I can't see a scenario where the game won't be within 10 points either way and while Johnson has an edge in end-of-game heroics, JP may as well start this week in winning late.  And I agree with several people on this board - that we'll know JP has "arrived" when he leads a 4th quarter drive to tie or win the game. 

Why not JP?  Why not now?

790827[/snapback]

wish i had that same feeling...can i get some of what you're on??

wish i had that same feeling...can i get some of what you're on??

790832[/snapback]

Drinking warm spoiled milk is better than what you're on.

I hope you've been out drinking tonight and you read this first thing in the morning. That'll fix ya!

:D