Well Spikes Said He'll See How Friday Goes

Buffalo Baumer

Spikes on downside of 50/50 to play sunday says coach.

790238[/snapback]

"downside of 50/50?" That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day! Why doesn't he just say "he probably will not play."

Downside of 50/50, that sounds like the kind of dumb crap my mincing little prick of a weasel boss likes to say when he has to tell you something you don't want to hear.

We're doing fine at LB so far.

All three of our LB's (Crowell, Fletcher-Baker, Ellison) are in the Top 25

in the NFL and Top 20 in the AFC. The only team to do this.

Stats

790356[/snapback]

Good find Astroman, but Fletch isn't getting any younger, and we run the risk of losing him.

We have been paying big time attention to the decondary, and to a lesser degree, the DL. A DeMeco Ryans type might be just what we need to keep the defense young and strong.

We have been paying big time attention to the decondary, and to a lesser degree, the DL.  A DeMeco Ryans type might be just what we need to keep the defense young and strong.

790359[/snapback]

I agree with this. The Bills should place more emphasis on offense than defense in the 2007 draft, but we do need to draft Fletcher-Baker's replacement. If we keep Fletcher-Baker and he continues to play well, fine. The draft pick gets a year or two to learn before being thrown to the wolves.

I know it's an opinion , but that sounds ridiculous to me. So you're saying that the hammy injury is somehow a continuation last year's injury, from which he worked so hard and recovered from?

790346[/snapback]

I think his hamstring injury is directly related to the achilles injury that he suffered. TKO didn't use his injured leg for months, I think the result is that he physically and mentally favors the injured leg. All the physical therapy in the world isn't going to take away the "mental" favoring. (IE, someone dislocates their right shoulder, they will always be a bit protective of it). Because he favors one leg it puts an akward amount of strain and pressure on the other leg, this is how he became injured, either good leg or bad leg. He came out and went balls to the wall and messed it up. (he hadn't gone close to 100% prior to that series so it was a shock to his muscles)

*Look, I worship TKO as a football god. He plays with more heart than 95% of the NFL. If he can recover I would be the first to congratulate him (if possible).

Reality of the situation:

TKO is not 22 years old, his body takes much longer to heal now than it would have, say 10 years ago.

This type of injury is typically devastating and the run of the mill recovery is that you don't recover (I admit TKO is a specimen and would seem capable of full recovery)

For what it's worth, the look on TKO's face after the Pats game when he was being interviewed was a very ominous and sad look (which we all would expect). I had an immediate vibe which told me that this injury is alot worse than everyone thinks and he was aware of it.

My heart goes out the guy, he must feel so depressed right now to have worked so hard in recovery only to have it kind of shoved back in his face after 1 series.

My expectations are extremely low at this point but hopeful at the same time.

"downside of 50/50?"  That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day!  Why doesn't he just say "he probably will not play."

Downside of 50/50, that sounds like the kind of dumb crap my mincing little prick of a weasel boss likes to say when he has to tell you something you don't want to hear.

790357[/snapback]

TKO is on the downside of his career.

He's nearly washed up.

He might not make it back onto the field till November.

Feel better?