My 5 Comments on the Game

OnTheRocks

1. Leon Washington should pitch in a few bucks to assist the Bills Defensive Backfield in purchasing a few replacement jocks.

2. The Bills Oline run blocking has improved in each of the first three weeks and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the starters stay healthy because there is virtually no depth.

3. The Bills Oline pass blocking needs some work. I didn't watch it real closely, so I don't know if they need to install some sort of "H-Back" alignment that keeps an extra TE to block but I think something needs to be done to improve that part of the game.

4. Is it still a mystery to anyone why Peerless Price was released by the Falcons and Cowboys? I scratch my head everytime I think about the contract the Bills signed him to. He will be on the bench a lot as this season progresses.

5. I wouldn't be calling for anyone's head but I don't know that I really cared for the coaching or the game plan against the Jets.

1.  Leon Washington should pitch in a few bucks to assist the Bills Defensive Backfield in purchasing a few replacement jocks.

2.  The Bills Oline run blocking has improved in each of the first three weeks and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the starters stay healthy because there is virtually no depth.

3.  The Bills Oline pass blocking needs some work.  I didn't watch it real closely, so I don't know if they need to install some sort of "H-Back" alignment that keeps an extra TE to block but I think something needs to be done to improve that part of the game.

4.  Is it still a mystery to anyone why Peerless Price was released by the Falcons and Cowboys?  I scratch my head everytime I think about the contract the Bills signed him to.  He will be on the bench a lot as this season progresses.

5.  I wouldn't be calling for anyone's head but I don't know that I really cared for the coaching or the game plan against the Jets.

785597[/snapback]

Honestly, everyone is going on about JP, Willis' block(lack of), WRs, lack of turnovers & pressure by the D, Clemments, etc, etc.....IMO the team played very, very well & if the coaches had not dropped the ball multiple times, we would easily have had a win. Like you, I am not asking for their heads but they should take the major responsibility for the loss.

3.  The Bills Oline pass blocking needs some work.  I didn't watch it real closely, so I don't know if they need to install some sort of "H-Back" alignment that keeps an extra TE to block but I think something needs to be done to improve that part of the game.

785597[/snapback]

I thought the o-line did a fine job in pass blocking. In fact, I was shocked at how much time JP had to throw for most of the game. They got to JP maybe 3-4 times--unfortunately, two of those times he fumbled.

I was also waiting all day to see John Abraham school us again--before I remembered John Abraham (thankfully) plays for Atlanta now! <_<

us not being able to tackle leon washington on several 3rd down plays was crucial too <_<

785667[/snapback]

Honestly, that was 1 play. Not several. Just the one.

It was a killer 47 yarder but only happened once.(one was called back with penalty)

They only got 4 third down conversions all day(out of 12). 2 on that drive(first was to coles for 12 yards.)

Honestly, that was 1 play.  Not several.  Just the one. 

It was a killer 47 yarder but only happened once.(one was called back with penalty)

They only got 4 third down conversions all day(out of 12).  2 on that drive(first was to coles for 12 yards.)

785671[/snapback]

ahh, you're right. i looked through the play-by-play and it was just that one.