JP Is Indeed The Starter In Buffalo..But If

Buffalo Baumer

Bills will be in the Playoffs for years to come. The only important question mark (that I still believe will take time to answer) is if Losman is a true starter in this league. The fact that he has been (almost) mistake free after the first two games is a huge step forward. These Buffalo Bills have a ton of young talent and with another draft and free agent period, they are really going to be a team to be reckoned with.

My one hope by the end of the year is that Losman has proved that he is going to be a solid starter on this team for years to come. Here is to Losman and here is to the home opener..........Bring it on!!!!

Bills will be in the Playoffs for years to come. The only important question mark (that I still believe will take time to answer) is if Losman is a true starter in this league. The fact that he has been (almost) mistake free after the first two games is a huge step forward. These Buffalo Bills have a ton of young talent and with another draft and free agent period, they are really going to be a team to be reckoned with.

My one hope by the end of the year is that Losman has proved that he is going to be a solid starter on this team for years to come. Here is to Losman and here is to the home opener..........Bring it on!!!!

781595[/snapback]

So far people can make the complaint that "he hasn't won games for us." But that's not what he's being asked to do. He is definitely NOT losing games for us. If he can keep that up it'll be great. Because it'll mean we can go in the offseason and upgrade anything that can be perceived as losing the games for us.

781595[/snapback]

If he can maintain his 63% completion percentage and 88 QB rating, it will be a solid year. Hopefully he continues to progress, every game is a learning experience in his young career.

all im really asking for is mistake free football and improvement. so far, he gets gold stars for both. the last two outings have to be boosting his confidence. if he can shake the jitters he gets and keep learning, he can possibly reach the potential that we all know (at least should know) that he has.

So far people can make the complaint that "he hasn't won games for us."  But that's not what he's being asked to do.  He is definitely NOT losing games for us.  If he can keep that up it'll be great.  Because it'll mean we can go in the offseason and upgrade anything that can be perceived as losing the games for us.

781599[/snapback]

Exactly, it would be great to go into the off-season knowing precisely what you need to upgrade (without pointing to 10 different psoitions). A nice little upgrade to the O line, possibly a monster DE or an extra skill position need........what a great feeling to know that this team is not that far away!

If he can maintain his 63% completion percentage and 88 QB rating, it will be a solid year.  Hopefully he continues to progress, every game is a learning experience in his young career.

781603[/snapback]

Exactly. I don't think it's coincidence he's not being asked to do much during the beginning of the season. They are keeping things simple on purpose. Give him a few options, see what the opponents are doing, and help the game slow down for him. My guess is they are going to start opening things up for him the second half of the season as he progresses. You know the way you should develop a QB.

Exactly.  I don't think it's coincidence he's not being asked to do much during the beginning of the season.  They are keeping things simple on purpose.  Give him a few options, see what the opponents are doing, and help the game slow down for him.  My guess is they are going to start opening things up for him the second half of the season as he progresses.  You know the way you should develop a QB.

781618[/snapback]

A little common sense goes a long way....

It's just the way the games were going, on the road, low scoring, with the defense playing well. If the Bills were down 13-0 or 16-0 Losman would have been airing it out. The coaches were playing it smart based on the game itself, and the field it was played on, and the teams they were facing. You know, just common sense coaching. This week, at home, against the Jets, the offense will likely look a lot more wide open. Depending on how the game actually unfolds.

It's just the way the games were going, on the road, low scoring, with the defense playing well. If the Bills were down 13-0 or 16-0 Losman would have been airing it out. The coaches were playing it smart based on the game itself, and the field it was played on, and the teams they were facing. You know, just common sense coaching. This week, at home, against the Jets, the offense will likely look a lot more wide open. Depending on how the game actually unfolds.

781683[/snapback]

Very refreshing!!!