The good people at cableVision ...

This is the actual letter I just sent to CableVision ... Thought you guys might get a kick out of it... I cannot wait to hear their response!

TO: The person in charge

Where to start? OK ... I just went through the pleasant experience of trying to get my service reconnected. Total ... seven hours lost work time at $40.00/hour ... three-and-a-half HOURS on the phone last night with your tech support staff ... countless time on hold ... three hours spent waiting for the guy to show yesterday ...

It's fixed for now. It's back on. Here's the best part. Turned out the problem is that you have my address WRONG on YOUR damn records. You have me at apartment A, not apartment F ! So your auditors went and disconnected apartment F - my apartrment - because I was a "non-paying customer."

With me so far? Good. So I call your "customer service" number and tell them to change my records to show the CORRECT ADDRESS so it doesn't happen again. I am told that this has to be done in writing. I explain to the lady that it's a simple correction to YOUR records and should be easy to do without written correspondence. THEN she explains that "we have no contact with the people who change addresses." Excuse me?!? It's the same FU<#ING company! YOUR mistake costs me $280.00 in time off AND hours of my precious time - and I mean HOURS - of my valuable time, and now you won't fix it? Who's running that company??!?

They are going to send me some form to correct this. Whether or not I ever get it is a crap-shoot because, again - YOU have the WRONG address on YOUR records!!! (Read that last sentence again so it sinks in... I'm not sure anyone there is getting that aspect of it.)

I live at APARTMENT F !!! I do NOT reside at Apartment "A" as your records indicate. I live at APARTMENT F !!! That's "F" as in "who's running this FU<#ING company?!?!!"

So go ahead and mail the change-of-address paperwork to the wrong address. In the meantime, please at least tell your auditors NOT to come out (AGAIN) and disconnect Apartment F (again) because YOUR records are in error.

Because, if this happens again, I am going immediately to Radio Shack and purchasing a dish. My neighbors all have them. I'm beginning to understand why.

John Petrino

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

APARTMENT F

xxxxxxxxxxxx, xx xxxxx

Maybe you should have handled it like an adult. The person who reads these messages undoubtedly makes about $7 an hour and couldnt give two ***** about your problem. Just go get a satelite.

779819[/snapback]

I tried the adult approach and was rebuffed with incompetence. And the dish is definitely looking real good right now.

it doesnt matter who you are dealing with, people always phuck stuff up ..

779832[/snapback]

So true. I didn't go ballistic until I was told that they'd be MAILING me the form to correct the address ... I was in a cranky mood to begin with because it wiped out a football weekend at home. (*sigh*) It's amazing what customer service has become these days, though ... you gotta' admit that.

By using the F word and stating how much you make, you assured that your letter will see the circular file.

779837[/snapback]

Probably so. Hey, I just noticed your avatar and the quote underneath it. After dealing with cableVision, I can relate. What does the dish go for these days, anyway? My apartment apparently faces the right way, because all my neighbors on this side have them. I haven't checked in years, and I bet it's gone down some. Any recommendations on the best package/company to deal with?

So true. I didn't go ballistic until I was told that they'd be MAILING me the form to correct the address ... I was in a cranky mood to begin with because it wiped out a football weekend at home. (*sigh*) It's amazing what customer service has become these days, though ... you gotta' admit that.

779839[/snapback]

I can do one better. Back when I first signed up for broadband (with AT&T/Comcast), I literally spent about 15 hours/week for *FOUR* weeks trying to get them to hook it up properly (the problem was on their side and I kept telling them what they needed to do to fix it...). After getting through the first couple lines of support and talking to someone who knew what they were doing (every day...) I was told, "We'll have to get that information to Denver for you" Well, after the first week of hearing that, and everyday I call back and the message never made it to Denver, I told them to just call Denver right now, get someone on the phone, and we can work this out. Their response? "We can't do that, it'd be a long distance call." YOU'RE THE FREAK'N PHONE COMPANY!!!! <_<:P:lol::)

I REALLY wished that DSL was an option, but it wasn't available... And I need broadband for my job., :(

So after that month of being on the phone with them for at least two hours a day, they finally set it up for me. I asked for a credit (DirecTV has given me tons of credits for much less). You know what the woman said? "We can't give you a credit for your time, but we won't charge you for the month you didn't have service." Let that sink in... The company won't charge me for something I never had. :doh::doh:

That story still raises my blood pressure. DirecTV is definately the way to go from a customer service point of view (especially when you ask for Customer Retention). They're amazing.

CW

This is the actual letter I just sent to CableVision ... Thought you guys might get a kick out of it... I cannot wait to hear their response!

Where to start? OK ... I just went through the pleasant experience of trying to get my service reconnected. Total ... seven hours lost work time at $40.00/hour ... three-and-a-half HOURS on the phone last night with your tech support staff ... countless time on hold ... three hours spent waiting for the guy to show yesterday ...

It's fixed for now. It's back on. Here's the best part. Turned out the problem is that you have my address WRONG on YOUR damn records. You have me at apartment A, not apartment F ! So your auditors went and disconnected apartment F - my apartrment - because I was a "non-paying customer."

With me so far? Good. So I call your "customer service" number and tell them to change my records to show the CORRECT ADDRESS so it doesn't happen again. I am told that this has to be done in writing. I explain to the lady that it's a simple correction to YOUR records and should be easy to do without written correspondence. THEN she explains that "we have no contact with the people who change addresses." Excuse me?!? It's the same FU<#ING company! YOUR mistake costs me $280.00 in time off AND hours of my precious time - and I mean HOURS - of my valuable time, and now you won't fix it? Who's running that company??!?

They are going to send me some form to correct this. Whether or not I ever get it is a crap-shoot because, again - YOU have the WRONG address on YOUR records!!! (Read that last sentence again so it sinks in... I'm not sure anyone there is getting that aspect of it.)

I live at APARTMENT F !!! I do NOT reside at Apartment "A" as your records indicate. I live at APARTMENT F !!! That's "F" as in "who's running this FU<#ING company?!?!!"

So go ahead and mail the change-of-address paperwork to the wrong address. In the meantime, please at least tell your auditors NOT to come out (AGAIN) and disconnect Apartment F (again) because YOUR records are in error.

Because, if this happens again, I am going immediately to Radio Shack and purchasing a dish. My neighbors all have them. I'm beginning to understand why.

John Petrino

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

APARTMENT F

xxxxxxxxxxxx, xx  xxxxx

779812[/snapback]

<_<:P:lol:

I think that's !@#$ng hilarous....

I can do one better.  Back when I first signed up for broadband (with AT&T/Comcast), I literally spent about 15 hours/week for *FOUR* weeks trying to get them to hook it up properly (the problem was on their side  and I kept telling them what they needed to do to fix it...).  After getting through the first couple lines of support and talking to someone who knew what they were doing (every day...) I was told, "We'll have to get that information to Denver for you"  Well, after the first week of hearing that, and everyday I call back and the message never made it to Denver, I told them to just call Denver right now, get someone on the phone, and we can work this out.  Their response?  "We can't do that, it'd be a long distance call."  YOU'RE THE FREAK'N PHONE COMPANY!!!!  <_<  :P  :lol:  :)

I REALLY wished that DSL was an option, but it wasn't available...  And I need broadband for my job., :(

So after that month of being on the phone with them for at least two hours a day, they finally set it up for me.  I asked for a credit (DirecTV has given me tons of credits for much less).  You know what the woman said?  "We can't give you a credit for your time, but we won't charge you for the month you didn't have service."  Let that sink in...  The company won't charge me for something I never had.  :doh:  :doh:

That story still raises my blood pressure.  DirecTV is definately the way to go from a customer service point of view (especially when you ask for Customer Retention).  They're amazing.

CW

779861[/snapback]

I can't top that one, man. Priceless. I hope you told as many people as you could about it. I think that customer service in most aspects of American industry has gone down the crapper in the last 10-15 years in general. But being told that they (a PHONE company) CAN'T make a long distance call?!?!? I would've burst a vein in my head on that one... You showed great restraint, my friend. Classic.

John Petrino

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

APARTMENT F

xxxxxxxxxxxx, xx  xxxxx

779812[/snapback]

Amusing...

I get these types of letters at my job and people are correct, they go in the special file (blue recycle bin to be exact) after being passed around the office for a good laugh at the smucks who write them.

779895[/snapback]

If I get a response and an apology, will you admit you're wrong?

Just asking.

Here was my response when I received John's e-mail of his original post:

Welcome to the world of downstate NY service. Be thankful you could at least understand the person on the other end of the phone, because, just like LAX, very few people employed as a telephone communication person speak English as their primary language! (I'm still pissed at that pizza counter guy in LAX) It's 10x worse if you call a NYC or state office down there.

Time Warner is a little better, but not much. When I ordered Roadrunner & digital cable at my house, they were all done with my order, about to finish and they said Friday morning at 38-9 Woodlake-I said no, ### XXXXXX & they had to start all over again when the whole reason for their visit was to install stuff at my new address! Then the guys didn't realize my computer comes with a card installed-so they put a card equivalent on the wire from the computer to the roadrunner modem. So I turn off my computer and when I turn it back on, it won't open anything. I call Time Warner & they try to tell me that it's my computer & I should call the manufacturer. I tell them it was fine before they came out to install roadrunner. It took 3 different calls of badgering them until they put a technician on the phone who could figure out the dummies who installed it mistakenly put a card equivalent on a computer with a card already in it. As soon as I removed it, the computer worked fine.

Don't get me started on the toilet I bought 2 years ago & found out the model is about the worst one ever manufactured. Just about every one built leaks, causing constant refill of the water & higher water bills. I'm thinking of buying a replacement since the warranty doesn't include labor so if I try to fix it, I'll have to pay each time for what will probably be numerous visits. ...and you know I'm on my 3rd dehumidifier.

Service sucks on everything in this country, because half the time you call for service, you get someone in India or Mexico.

If I get a response and an apology, will you admit you're wrong?

Just asking.

779898[/snapback]

You very well may. We send out form letters which is what I would bet you're likely to receive.

We only need to escalate it and retain the letter for our records if it specifically states in the letter that they would like to file a complaint, otherwise it's just taken as a rant that we don't need to follow up on.