Coaching...

SACTOBILLSFAN

I have heard a few "experts" talking about the lack of production by JP Losman. Namely Chris Landry (a person with an opinion i actually respect) who said the Bills could conceivably be an 8-8 team but no more this season because their quarterback play isn't what it needs to be for the team to contend for a playoff spot, but I would totally disagree.

JP didn't have huge numbers because the play calling wasn't condusive to putting up big numbers. The play calling wasn't aggressive. But it didn't need to be aggressive, the Bills were handling the fish just fine and didn't need to air it out today. This is what happens when you a have a coaching staff that develops a game plan and sticks with it the whole game while making minor adjustments on the fly. What we had been told were coaching staffs before were really just guys calling plays by the seats of their pants with no real game plan and no balls to stick with a game plan for a whole game (ie, Willis absolutely destroying the Saints last year on the first drive and getting 7(?) carries the rest of the game). What is seen as conservative play calling and suspect QB play was actually a calculated formula that was devised to produce exactly what we wanted...a W.

The Drugfelons were completely obliterated today in many facets of the game. It may not have been perfect, but the coaching staff used the team's strengths and minimized the weaknesses, which is what winning teams do. We may not make the playoffs this year but holy lord what a difference a competent coaching staff makes.

Go Bills!!!

Dave

I don't know. The national media and everyone else is expecting this kid to go hogwild because he was a first round draft choice. Never mind that he has 10 starts. Never mind we have an entire new staff. Never mind we have a new scheme. Never mind we have a bevy of new starters on offense.

It's not going to come together overnight. Ask Daunte Culpepper. We'll know what we have in Losman at the end of the season, and likely not one second before.