August 31st Cut

/dev/null

As of this morning there were 84 players on the roster according to buffalobills.com.

so who goes between now and next Tuesday? My guess is mostly no-names, but I've got a feeling McKenzie, Peters, A.Brown, Coleman, and Wire won't want to answer their cell phones for the next 2 weeks

Since you asked...

These go a little deeper than just next Tuesday, but I'm prepared to say bye bye to:

Greg Zolman QB

Kevin Beard WR

Cedric Bonner WR

Drew Haddad WR

Jerel Myers WR

Joe Burns RB

Isaac Mitchell RB

Jonathan Smith RB

Rod Trafford TE

Jasen Esposito OT

David Porter OT

Mike Pucillo G

Jon Dorenbos LS

Mike Shafer P/K

Mark Graham S

Johnny Lamar CB

Lawrence Richardson CB

Rashad Baker FS

Lauvale Sape DT

Constantin Ritzmann DE

Michale Spicer DE

Daryl Towns LB

No way Wire gets cut. Ok, so he lost the starting FS job to Reese. You still don't cut a third year, former first day pick who can back up both safety positions and who is also a special teams beast.

Similar problem with cutting Pucillo here. While he's not yet proven to be starting caliber at this stage in his career, just one week ago he was getting regular snaps with the first stringers. He still provides adequate backup ability in case one of our starting interior linemen goes down.

Cutting Dorenbos...just don't see it happening. No one else has been doing long snapping duties with our first string punt and field goal units. I'd rather not screw with something that's working in order to squeeze one extra undrafted free agent "gem" onto the roster.

While I don't agree with cutting Antonio Brown, McKenzie, Peters, and Burns, I also can't say I'd be too surprised if each ended up getting released at some point between now and September 12.

Won't argue against the rest of the potential cuts mentioned in this thread so far.

Archived