Trifecta!

Acantha

Gee, using the ND-haters logic, I guess FSU and Miami are absurdly over rated teams and we should look for them to both be out of the Top 25 this week.  :unsure:

775514[/snapback]

Well, that's probably a bad comparison to use your sarcasm on. Miami has now lost two out of 3 games, and FSU came very close to losing to Troy last week and now lost to Clemson.

I'd say those two teams actually are overated, and Miami will almost definately fall out of the top 25. FSU will probably barely hang on.

What I love most of all is how right before the season started the clones at ESPN all started jumping on the Miami bandwagon, saying if any team in FL had a shot at the title it was them.

Well, that's probably a bad comparison to use your sarcasm on. Miami has now lost two out of 3 games, and FSU came very close to losing to Troy last week and now lost to Clemson.

775529[/snapback]

That's true...but I'll keep an eye out this season for all ranked teams that lose to another ranked team so we can all get hysterical over the 'over rating'.

What I love most of all is how right before the season started the clones at ESPN all started jumping on the Miami bandwagon, saying if any team in FL had a shot at the title it was them.

775529[/snapback]

That's kinda the point....Notre Dame is hardly the only team that is ever overrated. Preseason ranking rarely hold much resemblence to how the year ends up. Teams like Miami and FSU are put in the top 5 almost automatically, but no one seems to get all hysterical about rankings when one of those teams lose or when they go to a BCS game with 2 losses.

Florida State......LOSS!

Miami.......LOSS!

Florida......BIG WIN!!!

Throw in an LSU loss, and it's a pretty sweet weekend.

2 more weeks until the Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Georgia stretch.  That's going to be a stressful month.  0:)

775364[/snapback]

I was impressed with Leak in the 4th quarter...he made the big plays when he had to, and that was a big hurdle for Leak to get over (Tennessee)

I cannot remember the name of the backup QB for Florida, but IMO he looks like a keeper, and will be perfect for the Urban Meyer offense.

Im a PSU fan, but it is so clear the SEC is the best and most exciting conference to watch, bar none.

I was impressed with Leak in the 4th quarter...he made the big plays when he had to, and that was a big hurdle for Leak to get over (Tennessee)

Other than a VERY stupid slide on 3rd down when he still had a yard to go, I agree. He played well and was even able to run the option a little, which has been his weakest point by far.

I cannot remember the name of the backup QB for Florida, but IMO he looks like a keeper, and will be perfect for the Urban Meyer offense.

Tim Tebow (Tee-Bow). As fun as this year has already been, I continually find myself thinking ahead to next year when this kid starts. From everything I've read about him, seen so far, and know about the Urban Meyer offense he will be playing in, he will be on the Heisman list in a few years.

Im a PSU fan, but it is so clear the SEC is the best and most exciting conference to watch, bar none.

I think so too, which is good and bad. It almost every week a big week in the conference, but it gets annoying have a team that I think is so good, but still has almost no chance of competing for a championship. (Same goes for all of the teams in the SEC).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.