You guys are talented...

Dan Gross

The chasm between "We're rebuilding" and "I quit on the season" is so wide, that to assume the two comments mean the same thing is just absolutely ridiculous. Sorry, Plenz...that's got defeatist fan written all over it.

On a scale of 1-10, it's a 12 on the JoeSixPack Panic-o-Meter.

772748[/snapback]

Hold on there, sparky. I'm not panicking about anything related to TKO other than his hammy.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to bring up the Belichick word around here, but NO player in the Pats' organization would have made the sort of statements made by TKO.

Whether he was "blindsided" by the news or not, he has been in the league long enough to know to keep his mouth shut.  The right answer to any question about his reaction would have been, "I've just been told so the news has not had time to digest.  We'll miss Troy's experience on the field but the young guys will have to step up.  Next question."

That really is not too much to ask of a professional.

772612[/snapback]

Unless you are Brady, then you can complain and say you are lost without everyone that left the team via FA. Back handed slap at the mgmt.

I never did want to look at it that way," Spikes said. "But you have to be a realist about every situation that happens. If you write it down on paper or even say it out loud, it spells rebuilding. As much as you don't want it to be that way, ultimately that's the way that it is."

Guess I'm not as smart as some of you, but I always thought "rebuilding" in sports was a synonym for "we ain't gunna be that good", and I just do not think a vet leader should be saying things like that. So, guess you all would have no problem with TKO pulling a Hasek and saying"im nine years in, no playoffs, we are rebuilding, i want out now"

I know he didn't say that, and im not suggesting he will, only as a vet he should have looked at  what the Bills accomplished without himself and TV on the field on Sunday, and should think that if we can shore up things, we can get there"this year"

772639[/snapback]

They "accomplished" a loss.

Spikes is a good player and a team leader. Nothing he said about TV changes that.

I don't think there is anything wrong with admitting that spikes' comments were unproductive.

Then we can all move on and hope he doesn't do it again.

That's my attitude anyways.

he should be held accountable for saying something dumb no matter what the excuse.

But we all survive and move on.

But criticizing the criticizers is not going to make this go away.

I'm not turning on him.

But im not going to blindly support him either if he says something i think

he shouldn't have said .. thats all

772623[/snapback]

EXACTLY...TKO is a good player, but doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut. Management ought to tell him to STFU. He's not a cancer, just a bigmouth. That doesn't make him a bad football player. Hell..TO is a great receiver.