Stop complaining

bruceleeroy100

Buffalo Bills fans this is not a time to be so negative. Its time to look at the positive. I mean seriously how many actually thought we would have a chance to beat NE in Foxboro on Saturday. Probably not to many, even die hard fans were looking at this game and the whole season in an objective manner and realizing that honestly we probably werent going to win. Lets not lose that focus now please. The fact is that the BB came close to beating NE but came up just short. They had some bad calls and some bad bounces but they still lost themselves the game. They played well doing it though, especailly the D.Was there mistakes absolutely. But overall anyone saying things along the lines of.....Willis shouldnt start put in A-Train, Losman lost us the game, blah blah blah. Didnt watch the game i did. To tell you the truth i think it was because losman and willis that we even had a chance to win. Losman made some throws that in my opinion were not easy to make and willis although disapearring almost for the enitre second half had a great first half and both have a ton to build on and learn from this game. Fans, i dont expect this team to be great the first half of the season but by the second half this team will look like night and day to the team now. The oline will get better(although it will still not be great) Willis will get comfortable in his role and be a great weapon in not only running but the passing game as well. And JP will not have to win us games he just wont have to lose em with this defense and special teams. And i think he will do just that.

Playoffs this year nope probably not.

Playoffs next year.........

Playoffs next year....problem is if we suck again this year the expectations will be low again next year and when we lose to the Pats for the 384th straight time but cover the spread you'll still want to look at the positives after losing...it's becoming a nonstop cycle ya know?

Right on. It's amazing to see the difference in the posts around here. All off-season it was:

1. Marv is too old and his draft sucks

2. DJ is a retreaded coach and is too conservative

3. We didn't draft the right people

4. JP is horrible or let's wait and see or Holcomb now

5. We are gonna be 8-8 at best

6. NE is gonna blow us out

Now a game has been played and the truth has come out:

1. Marv is Marv, period

2. DJ has clearly got this team on the right track, went for it on 4th and 1 and said he would do it again

3. We had 5 of our drafted players on the field Sunday. The coches said they played well and we were in that game the whole way.

4. JP is gonna be very good and everyone is too afraid to say it.

5. We should be 8-8 at a minimum - the experts are wrong, again.

6. NE was lucky to hang on in that game and we should beat them at home

So, now that so many here have been proven wrong with play on the field, or at least not 100% right, these same folks move on to what else was done wrong 3 and 1 vs 4 and 1, Parrish Fumbling kickoffs, and other little nitpicky nonsense in a game we should have won. But wait a minute - I thought you said we were gonna get blown out! Or, the other 1-6 from above! Now you are complaining about not only staying with, but possibly beating at home, a team that we couldn't even come close to for the last 5 years?

Come on people. I know it's hard to break habits and it's hard to get your hopes up only to have them crushed. But please, things are nowhere near as bad as people have been saying. Shake it off already. This is a new and dare I say GOOD, or at least competitve, team. The truth is none of us really know what is going to happen this year. Sure it' not 1990-3 when we knew we were playoff bound. But can anyone tell me honestly that it doesn't feel like 1986-88 when we weren't sure one way or the other?

If a week ago someone had said that we would lose by two points to NE I would have thought that was a good outcome. However what is frustrating is how they actually lost the game. No adjustments after halftime, too many stupid penalties, not playing smart, unable to gain a yard on 4th down, the poor play of the defense, etc. The bottom line is NE didn't play well either and the Bills were worse. Yes there were some bright spots, but they played pretty much as expected. They were better but this just isn't a good team yet.

i think what im saying is exactly on par with you guys.No they didnt play great but they played way better than expexted and they have alot of good points to work on and get even better in. And yes there were alot of mistakes but were a totally different team from last year as far as coaches and alot of personal too. And not just that there are alot of rookies or 2nd to 3rd year guys that are still getting themselves aquanted with what is expected of them from this team. So in my opinion yes there were alot of mistakes like penalties and blown plays but it was the first game of a whole new team and i thought they looked great.

I've had a day to RECOVER from a really pi$$ed afternoon. Here's the gig. We lost, we lost, we lost. Sucks.

I'd be overstating things in dramatic fashion to say that this was a shot across the bow of the AFC East, and that a new dawn was rising on Lake Erie, etc. (and dawn comes up behind Lake Erie anyways).

This disclaimer having been said, c'mon people. Only the bitterest and most mission-focused players in that locker room are continuing to kick themselves after a shocking performance on Sunday. No one in the country gave us a chance of finding midfield for the coin toss! Here's another way to look at it. How many people lost how much money by betting the line? What were we - an 8-point dog? A 9-point dog? A 10-point dog? The conventional wisdom got its cakes pounded on Sunday. Hope they're having fun sitting down tonight.

You're all correct when you say that there are no Moral Victories in the NFL. No kidding. I'm still furious at the erosion of our run defense, the fatigue of the offensive line, and JP not getting back across the goal line (but....SOMEONE had to miss a block on the left side. Who blew it? It was off camera).

For those of us in upstate New York, only the Super Bowl is going to get this chip off our shoulder. Perfection is always one step short, isn't it? But believe me - the coaching staff in Miami is saying "Holy $#!+". And if you think the Patriots team is getting a pat on the back from THAT coaching staff - sober up.

I feel a LOT better after this opener than I have in years. Bring it on.

i think what im saying is exactly on par with you guys.No they didnt play great but they played way better than expexted and they have alot of good points to work on and get even better in.  And yes there were alot of mistakes but were a totally different team from last year as far as coaches and alot of personal too.  And not just that there are alot of rookies or 2nd to 3rd year guys that are still getting themselves aquanted with what is expected of them from this team.  So in my opinion yes there were alot of mistakes like penalties and blown plays but it was the first game of a whole new team and i thought they looked great.

771152[/snapback]

Okay...really has nothing to do with your post (which for the most part I agree with). I just have to ask you one simple question.

WHO IS THE MASTER LEROY!?

Right on. It's amazing to see the difference in the posts around here. All off-season it was:

1. Marv is too old and his draft sucks

Very few fans said this draft sucked. Only a couple of people didn't like the first round picks.

2. DJ is a retreaded coach and is too conservative

I agree here. I like to see some fire from this guy during the game as his team is getting hosed on every call.

3. We didn't draft the right people

Disagree again.

4. JP is horrible or let's wait and see or Holcomb now

Mixed feelings here. 50/50

5. We are gonna be 8-8 at best

I think that's optimistic.

6. NE is gonna blow us out

Again, I saw more predictions here of winning the game outright or losing close.

Now a game has been played and the truth has come out:

1. Marv is Marv, period

I agree.

2. DJ has clearly got this team on the right track, went for it on 4th and 1 and said he would do it again

I agree.

3. We had 5 of our drafted players on the field Sunday. The coches said they played well and we were in that game the whole way.

I agree.

4. JP is gonna be very good and everyone is too afraid to say it.

We'll still have to see. I'm not convinced, although it's looking up.

5. We should be 8-8 at a minimum - the experts are wrong, again.

That depends on the refs.

6. NE was lucky to hang on in that game and we should beat them at home

We did win the game, the league thought otherwise.

So, now that so many here have been proven wrong with play on the field, or at least not 100% right, these same folks move on to what else was done wrong 3 and 1 vs 4 and 1, Parrish Fumbling kickoffs, and other little nitpicky nonsense in a game we should have won. But wait a minute - I thought you said we were gonna get blown out! Or, the other 1-6 from above! Now you are complaining about not only staying with, but possibly beating at home, a team that we couldn't even come close to for the last 5 years?

Come on people. I know it's hard to break habits and it's hard to get your hopes up only to have them crushed. But please, things are nowhere near as bad as people have been saying.  Shake it off already. This is a new and dare I say GOOD, or at least competitve, team. The truth is none of us really know what is going to happen this year. Sure it' not 1990-3 when we knew we were playoff bound. But can anyone tell me honestly that it doesn't feel like 1986-88 when we weren't sure one way or the other?

770678[/snapback]

I think it's your faith in our fans that's negative. <_<